Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the director lose it and wreck his rented home and almost get into fights on set?

Reese and Wernick seem like intelligent guys. Sometimes productions like this give you lemons, and you have to turn it into lemonade.

This is why I don't understand the things about everyone defending Josh Trank for Fox cutting out scenes or parts of Fantastic Four right ahead of production. A ton of film productions do that ALL THE TIME! Bryan Singer had to deal with things like that for X-Men 2 which everyone loves. This is the nature of the business and making big movies. It doesn't excuse some of the things that happened on the Fantastic Four set.

I still can't believe Fox made them cut $7 million out. I mean really? A budge of $67 would still have been small potatoes. What a bunch of misers. Thank God Reynolds and Co. turned this thing into pure diamonds by all accounts.

Did the director lose it and wreck his rented home and almost get into fights on set?

Reese and Wernick seem like intelligent guys. Sometimes productions like this give you lemons, and you have to turn it into lemonade.

This is why I don't understand the things about everyone defending Josh Trank for Fox cutting out scenes or parts of Fantastic Four right ahead of production. A ton of film productions do that ALL THE TIME! Bryan Singer had to deal with things like that for X-Men 2 which everyone loves. This is the nature of the business and making big movies. It doesn't excuse some of the things that happened on the Fantastic Four set.

:up:

I don't think I could have asked for a better Deadpool movie. I really enjoyed it. There were so many laughs that I have to see it again just to hear what I missed the first time!

I'll be seeing this movie in about 3 hours and 27 minutes. Not that anyone's counting. :D

I have a question to all of you who are fans and have seen it.

I am very excited about the film and have my tickets booked from tomorrow evening. However, I haven't read any Deadpool comics. Will this prevent me from enjoying the film or getting some of the jokes? I know enough about the character's origins, just haven't read any comics with him.

I am very excited about the film and have my tickets booked from tomorrow evening. However, I haven't read any Deadpool comics. Will this prevent me from enjoying the film or getting some of the jokes? I know enough about the character's origins, just haven't read any comics with him.

No, you will still get 99% of the jokes, my gf doesn't read comics but she got most of them from what I could tell, there are a few that might slide by you but you will enjoy it just as much as the next person.

I have just got back from seeing it. You will have no problem at all. It's very easy to follow and understand. You'll love it! Good luck

Last edited:
I still can't believe Fox made them cut $7 million out. I mean really? A budge of $67 would still have been small potatoes. What a bunch of misers. Thank God Reynolds and Co. turned this thing into pure diamonds by all accounts.

Trank was a pompous wimp who should have known better, Deadpool have competent people with balls making this film

Last edited:

This is how you can tell the difference between professionals and Josh Trank.

The Betty White review made me too giddy for words. Best thing ever.

I'll be seeing the movie tonight. Can't wait!

This movie was wonderful.

Also, I went to a 10am showing today, and the theater was half full... in South Dakota.

I'm surprised how the magical marketing has hit the general public.

Last edited:
Off for second viewing, see how this bad boy holds up second time round.

You need to be aware of Ryan Reynolds' career in some respects. Also a working knowledge of some 80s pop culture comes in handy in certain spots. And you need to be aware of Xmen movies for a couple of jokes.

I just came back from seeing this movie. That was one of the best experiences I have ever had in theaters. Everyone was on board for this movie. I've never seen an audience interact with a movie this much. Love it!

This is how you can tell the difference between professionals and Josh Trank.

Yeah, I'm not absolving 20th Century Fox for what happened with that production, but Trank is hardly blameless. I am just pointing out that when a director does a big budget film a director will have to be faced with losing entire action sequences, scenes or big moments. As a result, they have to rewrite and compensate for losing those scenes.

In this case, Wernick and Reese lost a big shootout scene. Instead, they were able to find a workaround where OK, they do lose a piece of action, so they make into another Deadpool-esque gag.

Now let's look at X-Men 2. Everyone has probably forgotten at this point, but a crucial scene the film lost was the DANGER ROOM scene. That was a major deal. The scene was written, storyboarded, and even pre-visualized. I think they even began making the set. But at the last minute they lost that scene while Wolverine was at the mansion. So they replaced it with that scene with Wolverine chatting with Iceman, which was a good character building scene for both characters.

Another big thing the film lost? Toad and Toad vs. Nightcrawler. A set was also built for that Toad vs. Nightcrawler fight. Toad was going to be another minion for Stryker. Instead that scene was lost and no Toad in the movie either. Wouldn't that have been cool if the film had that moment? Yeah most definitely, especially because Nightcrawler doesn't get to fight in the second half. But the film is still a good film without it.

Now let's look at something like Avengers. For Avengers, even that film we lost some of Cap's action beats and Whedon wanted another bad guy villain for the Avengers to fight. It happens.

So in other words, doing these big budget tentpole films is rough. You have to make a lot of artistic vs. commercial compromises. However, you still have to be a professional and do your job. Not saying it's stress free, but you have to be prepared to possibly lose some and win some.

I really think this movie is about to blow up at the box office, the word of mouth on this thing is out of control which will get even more people into the theatre... I would not be surprised if it makes over 100 million this weekend alone....

I really think this movie is about to blow up at the box office, the word of mouth on this thing is out of control which will get even more people into the theatre... I would not be surprised if it makes over 100 million this weekend alone....

And Blade X is nowhere to be found...maybe he finally saw the movie.

Haha Think he got banned. Or at least was for a few days.

Yeah, he's on vacation.

This movie would be soo freaking watered down to make PG-13, that it be worse than FF.

What, Wade could totally have a holding hands montage! Why, he could nonlethally stun THREE men with a single taser! This didn't need the R!

It's funny because I thought there would be a lot more nudity, cursing and blood in this movie for some reason. I am glad the movie didn't depend on that too much though, but I think without it the movie would feel too 'safe'.

12742121_10206163493314210_5424102183613567146_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"