Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

Tom's facebook post:

Dear friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to score the upcoming Deadpool Movie. I love this character and creating his and the movie's original score was a monumental chapter in my life, personally and professionally.

Since it was revealed that Deadpool's brilliant creative director Tim Miller will not be involved in the project anymore, I have undertaken some soul searching. Tim was the driving force behind Deadpool and me getting involved in this amazing project. Deadpool without Tim at the helm just does not sit right with me and that is why I have decided not to be involved in the second chapter.

It was a difficult decision, as I love the project so much and I know how eagerly the next installment will be anticipated, it's hard to walk away from something so unique, but it also has to feel right.

Hope everyone understands. Onward and upward.

Love,
Tom

Anybody have pics of the holiday edition? I am specifically looking for pics of the insert card not the cover slip

Anybody have pics of the holiday edition? I am specifically looking for pics of the insert card not the cover slip

Snagged one of these during Black Friday. I'll take a pic when I get home.

Here you go:

ZRbC9BP.jpg

53ILnmb.jpg

uXfreMs.jpg

Oh My God. That is gold. This movie is a miracle.

Yeah it should really be Weasel instead.

You know, unrelated note, but after listening to the commentary with Reynolds and the writers on Deadpool, it really does feel like the direction of the X-Men film series can have some great gems depending on who has the inspiration and leadership. Stuff like Negasonic having the X-Men costume was apparently Tim Miller's idea, but the writers themselves said that Kinberg was beneficial in safeguarding the film's tone.

So while this series doesn't have someone like a Chris Claremont that knows the X-Men back and forth, I am interested in seeing Leitch's take on Deadpool in combination with what's been built up here. As for Kinberg, though he's no Kevin Feige, it sounds like he's best utilized in a producer role and not necessarily the writing process.

This is an old article but it's only now come to my attention. Apologies if it's already been posted.

http://www.timescolonist.com/big-picture-hatley-castle-shows-up-in-deadpool-1.2195667
Big Picture: Hatley Castle shows up in Deadpool

Michael D. Reid / Times Colonist

March 11, 2016 06:00 AM

c12-0311-castle-jpg.jpg

Hatley Castle became the X-Mansion in Deadpool, Marvel's subversive superhero film. Photograph By ADRIAN LAM, Times Colonist

It was the quickest, most low-key shoot here last year, yet it yielded dramatic images of the capital region’s most high-profile location in this year’s big hit Deadpool.

You couldn’t miss it if you saw Marvel’s subversive superhero flick, which stars Ryan Reynolds as the masked, wisecracking, amoral anti-hero — Hatley Castle, rising again as the X-Mansion.

Brian Globus, office and locations co-ordinator for the Vancouver Island South Film and Media Commission, said the Deadpool crew was here last fall, as stealthy as the rogue avenger himself.

Globus took one of the comic book blockbuster’s visual-effects experts to Royal Roads on Oct. 28 to take plate shots that would incorporate the castle into the action. Plate shots involve specialized still photography. It wasn’t the first time film crews have slipped into town to take them.

Other notable examples were when technicians captured images of the B.C. legislature in 2008 for a disaster sequence in Roland Emmerich’s $200-million doomsday thriller 2012. Three years ago, a plate shot of the University of Victoria’s deserted Centennial Stadium was taken so that computer-generated imagery could later make the stadium lights appear to explode as storm debris pelts a crowd in Stonados.

Jake Gyllenhaal says Ryan Reynolds deserved an Oscar nomination for Deadpool
When asked about his personal thoughts on this year’s snubs at the Oscars, Gyllenhaal was quick to answer. “Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool,” he said.

“We talk about brilliant performances all the time, you know, the actors who tear themselves apart for their roles, which I’m a believer in. But then I look at Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool and I say, ‘No one can do that but him.’ That is truly, purely him. As an artist he struggled for several years to figure that out and it’s all there on the screen. And it’s brilliant.”

Gyllenhaal continued, saying, “Sure it’s a comic book movie and it’s made a lot of money — but that doesn’t subtract from Ryan’s extraordinary work. Because it’s him. I mean, let’s ask ourselves: What else do we want from people who create? Something that is truly them.”

He has a point.

I wasn't too sure about the screenplay getting the nomination but Reynolds absolutely deserves one.

Just read that Michael Shannon is being considered for Cable. Rumour or not I like the sound of that.

I would love to see Michael Shannon as Cable. He's been on a roll recently.

That could work. :up:

I loved the teaser that accompanied Logan. The superman parody was just hilarious

Just read that too. Hmmm...

This should upset some people who still wanted a crossover with the MCU.

Considering that Domino is no longer an albino, I'm guessing that Cable won't be a cyborg now either.

Cable being a cyborg is kinda the only thing the character has going so not making him a cyborg would be awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"