Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

My hope for Deadpool 3 is that it's a big send-off the the original X-Men cast. After Scarlet Witch killed Charles Xavier in Doctor Strange 2, the start of the film should show Cyclops (James Marsden), Jean Grey (Famke Jansen), Psylocke (Meiling Melcolan), Magneto (Ian McKellen), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) Storm (Halle Berry), Domino (Zazzie Beetz), Beast (Kelsey Grammer), Cable (Josh Brolin), Shadowcat (Elliot Page), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Colossus (Stefan Kapicic), Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming) and Rogue (Anna Paquin) all mourning Charles and then Deadpool crashes the funeral.

And the post-credits scene should show this world be destroyed and the creation of Battleworld.

Also hoping that we'll get an Exiles film down the line with much of the same cast. Old Man Logan with a Domino who has vitiligo instead of Albinism, Cable with no ties to the Askani, Cyclops and Jean Grey already happily married, transgender Shadowcat, heterosexual Iceman, morose Nightcrawler, shy Rogue and Storm with an American accent are likely to be very different from who Marvel Studios will cast. These characters are thrown into a new universe but somehow off Earth where the time-variant X-Men meet up with an alternate universe Starjammers led by MCU Cyclops' father who's younger than he is.

And I also hope that Secret Wars has the X-Men meet the First Class cast of Cyclops, Magneto, Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique and Quicksilver with a resurrected Havok. And we'll get some villains from both the DOFP good ending (Mystique, Sabretooth, Stryker, Toad, Juggernaut, Callisto, Ajax) the First Class timeline (Emma Frost, Psylocke, Archangel, Apocalypse, Sentinels, Vuk and Shaw) and the original timeline (Nimrod Sentinels). And hopefully various animated characters appearing as well with the 90s ones using moves from the Marvel vs Capcom games in battle.

If Hugh is coming back, it'll likely be a big send-off to the Fox X-Men universe and characters and I want to see them go big with as many characters as possible and shoot back to back with Secret Wars.

I always felt like the end of Deadpool 2 was kind of a back door entry into the multiverse. So this new film could play off that with Deadpool ending up in some Fox-adjacent reality where Jackman’s Wolverine is still alive. It could even be a ‘97 inspired universe that is perhaps the same one as Charles’ from MoM.

Then all of that can lead into Battleworld in the upcoming Avengers flicks.

I always felt like the end of Deadpool 2 was kind of a back door entry into the multiverse. So this new film could play off that with Deadpool ending up in some Fox-adjacent reality where Jackman’s Wolverine is still alive. It could even be a ‘97 inspired universe that is perhaps the same one as Charles’ from MoM.

Then all of that can lead into Battleworld in the upcoming Avengers flicks.

I get the feeling that X-Men 97 is going to tie into live action somehow too. To put with Secret Wars and all that before we get mainline MCU X-Men.

On the one hand, Logan was the perfect sendoff and a part of me wishes that was definitively the end of Hugh's Wolverine

On the other hand I don't give a ****.

HUGH JACKMAN IS WOLVERINE AGAIN. THE WORLD'S EQUALIBRIUM HAS BEEN RESTORED. WE'RE GETTING HUGH JACKMAN PRIME WOLVERINE IN A RATED R MOVIE

WITH DEADPOOL

WHAT THE ****

I see this as an "epilogue" of sorts for his Wolverine. His story ended with Logan, and he's just gonna have fun with the character one more time, in a particular set of circumstances that wasn't available before. I doubt there's gonna be any sort of continuity.

On the one hand, Logan was the perfect sendoff and a part of me wishes that was definitively the end of Hugh's Wolverine

On the other hand I don't give a ****.

HUGH JACKMAN IS WOLVERINE AGAIN. THE WORLD'S EQUALIBRIUM HAS BEEN RESTORED. WE'RE GETTING HUGH JACKMAN PRIME WOLVERINE IN A RATED R MOVIE

WITH DEADPOOL

WHAT THE ****

On the hand, Logan was bleak and depressing.

Also on the other hand, actors saying it's their last time and they aren't coming back is proven to be a bunch of bupkis. It really just means "send me a check."

I see this as an "epilogue" of sorts for his Wolverine. His story ended with Logan, and he's just gonna have fun with the character one more time, in a particular set of circumstances that wasn't available before. I doubt there's gonna be any sort of continuity.

An epilogue he'll work on several more times.

Harrison Ford is 80 years old and still playing Indiana Jones. Even death didn't stop him from playing Han Solo one more time.

I hope they don't reuse the jokes that they have done in the first movie. That's one of my main gripes about the 2nd one.

I am guessing Hugh is going to wear the yellow and blue suit finally.

Man I hope not. X-Men '97 doesn't need that kind of pressure.

I don’t feel like it’ll add pressure. It’s not like the Avengers flicks are gonna be predicated on the success of an animated streamer.

Fingers crossed its better then the crap marvel has been peddling out this past year. The jokes and cameos Reynolds can tell are endless now that he is in the MCU and Disney family

I would faint in the theater

It makes sense, because the "black leather" outfits from the early 2000s wouldn't really fit the Deadpool movies and its the one thing Hugh never got to do with the character.

On the hand, Logan was bleak and depressing.

Also on the other hand, actors saying it's their last time and they aren't coming back is proven to be a bunch of bupkis. It really just means "send me a check."

I mean, people change their mind given the right circumstances. I 100% believe Jackman was done with the role at the time. I firmly believe he had no intention to play Logan again. But then, you know…when Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Feige call you and ask you to play Wolverine in the most successful ongoing movie franchise of all time…you answer that call.

My hope for Deadpool 3 is that it's a big send-off the the original X-Men cast. After Scarlet Witch killed Charles Xavier in Doctor Strange 2, the start of the film should show Cyclops (James Marsden), Jean Grey (Famke Jansen), Psylocke (Meiling Melcolan), Magneto (Ian McKellen), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) Storm (Halle Berry), Domino (Zazzie Beetz), Beast (Kelsey Grammer), Cable (Josh Brolin), Shadowcat (Elliot Page), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Colossus (Stefan Kapicic), Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming) and Rogue (Anna Paquin) all mourning Charles and then Deadpool crashes the funeral.

And the post-credits scene should show this world be destroyed and the creation of Battleworld.

Also hoping that we'll get an Exiles film down the line with much of the same cast. Old Man Logan with a Domino who has vitiligo instead of Albinism, Cable with no ties to the Askani, Cyclops and Jean Grey already happily married, transgender Shadowcat, heterosexual Iceman, morose Nightcrawler, shy Rogue and Storm with an American accent are likely to be very different from who Marvel Studios will cast. These characters are thrown into a new universe but somehow off Earth where the time-variant X-Men meet up with an alternate universe Starjammers led by MCU Cyclops' father who's younger than he is.

And I also hope that Secret Wars has the X-Men meet the First Class cast of Cyclops, Magneto, Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique and Quicksilver with a resurrected Havok. And we'll get some villains from both the DOFP good ending (Mystique, Sabretooth, Stryker, Toad, Juggernaut, Callisto, Ajax) the First Class timeline (Emma Frost, Psylocke, Archangel, Apocalypse, Sentinels, Vuk and Shaw) and the original timeline (Nimrod Sentinels). And hopefully various animated characters appearing as well with the 90s ones using moves from the Marvel vs Capcom games in battle.

If Hugh is coming back, it'll likely be a big send-off to the Fox X-Men universe and characters and I want to see them go big with as many characters as possible and shoot back to back with Secret Wars.

You are going to be disappointed. This is a Deadpool movie. Not an X-men movie.

I mean, people change their mind given the right circumstances. I 100% believe Jackman was done with the role at the time. I firmly believe he had no intention to play Logan again. But then, you know…when Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Feige call you and ask you to play Wolverine in the most successful ongoing movie franchise of all time…you answer that call.

They are done until they aren't. Just like Hayao Miyazaki is always done and retired from filmmaking and is totally serious, and then he comes back to make something else.

Dude's only 53. He's got like 25 years left he can continue playing Wolverine.

I don’t feel like it’ll add pressure. It’s not like the Avengers flicks are gonna be predicated on the success of an animated streamer.

So why connect an animated revival of a 1990s X-Men cartoon to the MCU?

I definitely feel like this version of Logan will be from the multiverse. It would be cool if they actually formed a proper X-Force this time. It also crossed my mind if they did bring back James, Famke, Halle, Anna, Kelsey in cameos maybe to help out in the final battle. Ahh so many possibilities about our beloved mutants. How cool would it be for Deadpool to team with up with the actual X-Men since it's been teased in 2 films already.

Tbf, he's even said during the Logan press release that the one thing that would've made him pause in his decision to be done with the role would've been Feige giving him the call. With hindsight, this actually makes a lot more sense than maybe initially thought

To be fair High did say after Logan that the only thing that would tempt him back was being involved in the MCU, so this isn't the biggest surprise so it's still a nice one and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"