Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

I guess the hype is just lost on me lol this feels very thin and glib so far. I imagine Jackman will be worth the watch but all the multiverse, save-this-world shtick does not ring for me. Reynolds is also just the same all the time. As soon as Wolverine's claws didn't extract at the bar, I knew exactly what was coming and that'll be the whole 120min, surely. And using his 20 years of movies as the emotional core is, eh. It was bound to happen, but it feels so gimmicky.

That last stinger about cocaine and Feige comes across so phony too. I'm sure Feige feels incredibly cool about it tho. I got next to nothing out of this trailer except the hand-to-hand between the swords and the claws.

That last stinger about cocaine and Feige comes across so phony too. I'm sure Feige feels incredibly cool about it tho. I got next to nothing out of this trailer except the hand-to-hand between the swords and the claws.
I don't really like "MCU's sense of humour". The humour of Ryan Reynolds in his movies especially Deadpool 1&2 isn't really for me. So that exchange moment with Blind Al was just unfunny to me. Even the captions in Hugh's IG are trying so hard to be funny.

But I'm sure Kevin Feige really laughed at every joke from this movie.

Just speculating
I am hoping they didn't show too much of the Deadpool vs Wolverine fight.
The party with friends is probably the first 10-15min
TVA captures Wade the next 10-15min
Wade traveling for his mission and finding Wolverine in the bar likely challenging in that 1 on 1, which is why his claws fully extend after not being able to in the bar.
The TVA comes for them and that is when the guy says "This Wolverine let down his world"

Based from that trailer, this Wolverine is clearly not in the same reality as the Beast we saw in The Marvels. Also not in the same reality as Earth-383, in which the Professor was killed by the Scarlet Witch.

I also just noticed that the villains are standing next to Giant-Man's corpse. Crazy.

I also wonder if they'll explain why they have the logo of 20th Century Fox in that desert, or it is simply just a playful nod.

I googled "Dania Ramirez Deadpool" on Google.

And one of the image results, pointed out that its her standing next to Toad. If thats the case, Cassandra Nova must be a class five mutant or at least above class three, for Callisto to work with her.
That one from the farthest left (<--) is definitely Sabretooth. I noticed the white long hair.

I wish Vinnie Jones accepted the offer grrr. I also wish Riptide and January Jones are back for this. Those characters who should have been utilized for Dofp, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, rather than introducing more silent mutants. Its great they brought back Azazel even if I think, he would only say two words.

I also scream if Kevin Bacon as Shaw is back especially they've used him as a joke in Guardians. I would welcome a Zoe Kravitz cameo too since she became big years after First Class.

Last edited:
Based from that trailer, this Wolverine is clearly not in the same reality as the Beast we saw in The Marvels. Also not in the same reality as Earth-383, in which the Professor was killed by the Scarlet Witch.

I also just noticed that the villains are standing next to Giant-Man's corpse. Crazy.

I also wonder if they'll explain why they have the logo of 20th Century Fox in that desert, or it is simply just a playful nod.
Standing next to? That Cassandra chick came straight out of skull! She's nuts!

That's a really cool shot though.

I feel as thought we are seeing this footage due to the leaked photos and wonder how much is still being kept a secret and how crazy it can get...while still managing expectations.

Has anyone mentioned that Deadpool and Wolverine do jump into a magicians portal towards the end and not a TVA portal?

I wonder if it's a misdirection to make us think they are jumping to Battleworld and whose magic portal that is? I don't think they would spoil something like that.

Has anyone mentioned that Deadpool and Wolverine do jump into a magicians portal towards the end and not a TVA portal?

I wonder if it's a misdirection to make us think they are jumping to Battleworld and whose magic portal that is? I don't think they would spoil something like that.
The sorcerer portals always show the other side. The trailers won't because they don't want to spoil that, I expect some sorcerer to appear.

This trailer brought soy much joy to my heart! I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time!

Ant-Man's corpse being the base of operations for Cassandra Nova is kinda disturbing.

And that Sling-ring portal better belong to either Strange or Wong!

So f****** excited! July can't come soon enough.

Let's f****** go!

I was pretty sure this Wolvie would be a made-in-MCU multiverse variant, like Xavier-838 and Beast/Binary earth
He came from an annihiled universe

It feels so good to be excited about an MCU film again. This is gonna be huge! And also a fitting end to the Fox universe, which, imo, deserves a proper farewell. All my fears of this undoing Logan are pretty much gone at this point. so pumped!!

Last edited:
Hadn't listened to that song in ages, so I'm glad the trailer reminded me to listen to it on loop.

Based from that trailer, this Wolverine is clearly not in the same reality as the Beast we saw in The Marvels.

Yeah, and I'm expecting we won't get any acknowledgment of The Marvel's Beast cameo in this. I mean, it would be nice if the modern MCU could pay off a tease in a timely manner for once, but I've got a feeling we're gonna have to wait until Secret Wars.

Yeah, and I'm expecting we won't get any acknowledgment of The Marvel's Beast cameo in this. I mean, it would be nice if the modern MCU could pay off a tease in a timely manner for once, but I've got a feeling we're gonna have to wait until Secret Wars.
Yeah, I'd be shocked if they did bring up the Beast cameo. It really feels like one of those post-credits scenes that just...exists.

I guess the hype is just lost on me lol this feels very thin and glib so far. I imagine Jackman will be worth the watch but all the multiverse, save-this-world shtick does not ring for me. Reynolds is also just the same all the time. As soon as Wolverine's claws didn't extract at the bar, I knew exactly what was coming and that'll be the whole 120min, surely. And using his 20 years of movies as the emotional core is, eh. It was bound to happen, but it feels so gimmicky.

This movie felt desperate from the beginning. It doesn’t really matter because nostalgia and cameos dominate everything. Most people will show up for the team up and little else will matter.

Interesting they pointed out a major clue that we missed that this is not the fox verse wolverine, the fact the he is wearing a blue and yellow uniform, and that professor X is no where to be seen, remember, in Logan after Xaviers incident that killed the X-men, Logan felt responsible and took care of Xavier from that point on, this isnt the same logan, its a varient, hence why the TVA are there.

the only unexpected in this trailer was Like a Prayer.
I hope they‘re still sitting on some good stuff, they haven’t shown yet.
Also the Void looks like a bad Mandalorian screen environment like in the Loki series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"