Dick Grayson Casting Thread

Haven’t seen A Quiet Place 2 yet but I’m all about Noah Jupe for Dick Grayson. Let’s see what happens with his height and voice soon but I believe he’s 15 or 16 at the moment. So he’s 20 years younger than Rob.

If Noah is 18 when Reeves introduces him into the sequel, he can probably pass for a 15 or 16 year old.

Haven’t seen A Quiet Place 2 yet but I’m all about Noah Jupe for Dick Grayson. Let’s see what happens with his height and voice soon but I believe he’s 15 or 16 at the moment. So he’s 20 years younger than Rob.

If Noah is 18 when Reeves introduces him into the sequel, he can probably pass for a 15 or 16 year old.
He's a really good suggestion.
I also have Jaeden Martell as a personal favorite for Dick Grayson.

Warner Bros and Matt Reeves better act fast before these guys become adults

00295244.jpg

8a687150f2a433e56bf822ddc1184d27.jpg

To be fair, neither does Jupe, although I do think he's a good actor.

Oh god Eddie not this again..

A 19 year old Noah Jupe playing a 16 year old is more than fine.

He was great in it. Really hope Reeves use Robin at some point (specially Grayson), the character deserves it.

He doesn’t have the tough side that Dick needs as a vigilante IMO.
It shouldn't just be a tough guy or cool guy for the character. What we need is an actor, with good enough acting skills to convince us he's Dick Grayson. Every part of him, also the Robin persona.

Jaeden somehow looks like what Grayson should in a modern live action version.
Maybe a bit brooding though.

Jupe has more of the lighter going, fun-loving persona while he also can act serious.
But perhaps we shouldn't only look at previous roles.

All these actors will be too old
I fear that you might be right befoe not too long. Jaeden is already 18.
Batman will come next year, and perhaps Reeves is going to start working on a sequel in 2023. Which could come out three years later. By that point, the actor will be 23 by the time of release. How much older would he appear by then? We can't be sure.

Levi Miller is another candidate. He's born in 2002.
In his latest film Streamline, he plays a 15-year old. He could play Dick Grayson right now, but not in five years.

streamline-013754_3704.jpg

I never said they need a tough guy or cool guy. I said the actor needs to be able to get tough when necessary. I don’t see it with wimpy willow from IT. I also see more angst in Jupe.

I never said they need a tough guy or cool guy. I said the actor needs to be able to get tough when necessary. I don’t see it with wimpy willow from IT. I also see more angst in Jupe.
Who knows if Jaeden is able to be convincing when he fights thugs in the street?
He's matured a bit during the four years since IT (2017) and it may be yet another four years before he's Robin (if he's cast at all).
That would make him 8 years older than the "wimpy willow" as you called him.

Jupe doing both lighter and angsty stuff might give him the No 1 position on the shortlist :)

Aidan Gallagher has been lifted up as a candidate. Judging by his looks and fan-made pics I've found, he's one of the obvious choices for the role.

But WB may go for an unexpected actor, a not so obvious one. Who knows?
All it needs is someone who's young, can act, and is not too wooden.

I wonder if another from Gallagher's old Nickelodeon show - Mace Coronel - will be considered by the studio.
He's done some small projects and could be on his way to be a real actor.
But he doesn't look like the character. Will it speak in his favour or not?

DzyTq9NVYAA1K38.jpg

mizuri-au-aidandamianwaynev2.jpg

For comparison, here's Mace Coronel since he left Nickelodeon

upload_2021-9-3_16-33-1.jpeg

images

upload_2021-9-3_16-36-27.jpeg

Aidan Gallagher has been lifted up as a candidate. Judging by his looks and fan-made pics I've found, he's one of the obvious choices for the role.

But WB may go for an unexpected actor, a not so obvious one. Who knows?
All it needs is someone who's young, can act, and is not too wooden.

I wonder if another from Gallagher's old Nickelodeon show - Mace Coronel - will be considered by the studio.
He's done some small projects and could be on his way to be a real actor.
But he doesn't look like the character. Will it speak in his favour or not?

DzyTq9NVYAA1K38.jpg

mizuri-au-aidandamianwaynev2.jpg

This is my personal pick honestly. Only 17, which would put him at 20-21ish depending on when Batman 2 gets made

This is my personal pick honestly. Only 17, which would put him at 20-21ish depending on when Batman 2 gets made
We all tend to go for the ones that look like the character :)

I'm just starting to think about the actors who don't give off any Grayson/Robin vibe at all.
What if a few among them are the best choices for the character, despite not looking like he does in the comic books?
I don't say Mace Coronel is THAT guy. I only mentioned him as possible because of his age.
If Aidan could break free from Nickelodeon, why can't his former co-star do the same?

I like Jacob Tremblay for this. I think he’s one of the best actors in his age group. I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve seen, and he’s the right age for it.

I like Jacob Tremblay for this. I think he’s one of the best actors in his age group. I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve seen, and he’s the right age for it.
He's really talented. I like that he did some more "serious" roles after Room. But then he went full comedy with Good Boys.

Another skilled young actor, is Milo Parker. He's from UK, and has stayed mostly under the radar.
It can bring in another possibility, a British (or Aussie) actor playing Robin. Will it work for Robin or is it a bad idea? Should WB only go for Americans?

Here's pic of Milo from 2019. He's obviously taller today. Does he have a Dick Grayson vibe?

7897897-800x445.jpg

EDIT This one looks more recent
Milo-Parker.jpg

Last edited:
How would you guys interpret a young boy fighting crimes in this type of universe?

Like how would it be justified to bring a minor in this battle? Why would Bruce adopt him?

Would love to read your take on it, I just dont know how he can works!

How would you guys interpret a young boy fighting crimes in this type of universe?

Like how would it be justified to bring a minor in this battle? Why would Bruce adopt him?

That it'd make Bruce look like a completely unlikeable and unredeemable. In comics and animation it works, but Robin is a concept that the minute you translate it in a literal way into a live action scenario with gritty textures immediately becomes deeply disturbing.

I'm all for Bruce being a flawed individual, but Robin in this universe if he puts him crime-fighting at 15 would straight up push him to unforgivable levels, not to mention make him seem deeply stupid.

Have him be a child Bruce adopts because of what happens at the circus.

The kid is angry, he lashes out, he hears about Batman On the news beating these criminals and has an epiphany "I can do that too! , I'm quick, Im determined and I have aggression that needs to be sorted out."

Have Bruce or Batman catch him on the street and scold him but make it clear that he is going to do this every night. No matter what so instead of locking him in his room or sending him off somewhere else, Bruce trains him and lets him go out of City sweeps, he doesnt let him fight often but he lets him watch and learn until he knows that he can prove himself.

That it'd make Bruce look like a completely unlikeable and unredeemable. In comics and animation it works, but Robin is a concept that the minute you translate it in a literal way into a live action scenario with gritty textures immediately becomes deeply disturbing.

I'm all for Bruce being a flawed individual, but Robin in this universe if he puts him crime-fighting at 15 would straight up push him to unforgivable levels, not to mention make him seem deeply stupid.

That's exactly my concerns, it can't be justified, no matter how hard you try.

If you want to make this a crime driven movie with psychological depth, I think Robin just is a bit too far fetched.

The only way I see this working is with a one arc type in one film. No adoption, no Father/Son relationship, just Bruce realizing he's inspired a young boy to do the same things as himself but with no money, no real gadgets and a cheap costume. Robin just wants to have revenge on his parents killer and it crosses Batman's path.

Batman could try to stop him from continuing, warns the boy that he's gonna get killed. But Robin is too driven by his anger, so he doesn't stop. They could end up fighting bad guys together and Robin could even be helpful to Batman at some point.

But in the end, Robin dies by the hand of the main bad guy (Maybe Joker, like the comics). Batman is devastated cause he failed to save the young boy, making him much more of a loner for the next film in which he looks for redemption.

That's exactly my concerns, it can't be justified, no matter how hard you try.

If you want to make this a crime driven movie with psychological depth, I think Robin just is a bit too far fetched.

The only way I see this working is with a one arc type in one film. No adoption, no Father/Son relationship, just Bruce realizing he's inspired a young boy to do the same things as himself but with no money, no real gadgets and a cheap costume. Robin just wants to have revenge on his parents killer and it crosses Batman's path.

Batman could try to stop him from continuing, warns the boy that he's gonna get killed. But Robin is too driven by his anger, so he doesn't stop. They could end up fighting bad guys together and Robin could even be helpful to Batman at some point.

But in the end, Robin dies by the hand of the main bad guy (Maybe Joker, like the comics). Batman is devastated cause he failed to save the young boy, making him much more of a loner for the next film in which he looks for redemption.
The way I'd go about it is have Bruce adopt Dick at 14, trains him for 4 years, and doesn't become Robin till he's 18, but I think that's really tricky to execute in a trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"