Discussion: Afghanistan/The Taliban

hmSJ7Bn.png

Increasing security and speed probably isn't possible unless you have a lot more people. The question is how were these people able to get explosives past the outer perimeter. I don't "think" the vast majority of the Taliban wanted this because it gives a "possible" excuse to extend the deadline and they want us out asap. If we stay, it would be a simple matter to disable the airfield as they control all of the surrounding area. Whether they would do that or not remains to be seen.

sigh

I am actually going to pick up the Afghanistan Papers next week.

Back to killing Afghan civilians, yay...

"Pro-war think tank"

There's something nefarious that should be banned from society.

V4zoZ8L.jpeg

A reminder that lots of supposedly smart people have proposed supposed simple, easy and "obvious" solutions to approaching Afghanistan from the start and they seemed to never go as planned or materialize any real forward progress that would last.

Yeah, I am in particularly interested in reading the Afghanistan Papers, to find out just how ****ing incompetent our military was.

I do wonder just how many americans still in Afghanistan are mercenaries.

V4zoZ8L.jpeg

A reminder that lots of supposedly smart people have proposed supposed simple, easy and "obvious" solutions to approaching Afghanistan from the start and they seemed to never go as planned or materialize any real forward progress that would last.

Thomas Friedman has made a career out of being wrong about everything. He was an early defender of Vladimir Putin (he wrote an article in 2001 in which he argued that we should "keep rootin' for Putin"), shamelessly slobbered all over Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman, and said this about the Iraq War:

"SUCK. ON. THIS."

Last edited:
Thomas Friedman has made a career out of being wrong about everything. He was an early defender of Vladimir Putin (he wrote an article in 2001 in which he argued that we should "keep rootin' for Putin"), shamelessly slobbered all over Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman, and said this about the Iraq War:

"SUCK. ON. THIS."

Interesting. So, now that we have a large group of people who believe in authoritarianism because they are weak and believe in overthrowing a democracy through force, he's saying we need to have the military go door to door and tell them "Suck on this"?

I had a feeling that the explosion outside the airport was a result of a US bomb. Reports say they bombed a vehicle laden with explosives. Did it really have to be done in a residential area? I could see them being between a rock and a hard place on this and wonder if the details will come out.

I had a feeling that the explosion outside the airport was a result of a US bomb. Reports say they bombed a vehicle laden with explosives. Did it really have to be done in a residential area? I could see them being between a rock and a hard place on this and wonder if the details will come out.

Hasn't stopped us before...

EDIT:

For some reason, I find this more disturbing than tradtional explosives.

Interesting. So, now that we have a large group of people who believe in authoritarianism because they are weak and believe in overthrowing a democracy through force, he's saying we need to have the military go door to door and tell them "Suck on this"?

Pretty much. He's saying that after 9/11, America needed to show the Muslim world who was boss by waving its "big stick" in their faces.

It's disgusting.

Pretty much. He's saying that after 9/11, America needed to show the Muslim world who was boss by waving its "big stick" in their faces.

It's disgusting.

And after 1/6? Deafening silence? The parallels are pretty clear.

Hasn't stopped us before...

EDIT:

For some reason, I find this more disturbing than tradtional explosives.

Yeah. It's kind of creepy for sure. So I guess the large explosion was caused the the detonation of the explosives in the vehicle??

Last edited:

Its official: Joe Biden has committed his first war crime.

The first of many, we hope.

Anyone who advocates a continuation of the Afghan war is advocating countless more tragic and horrific incidents like this.

Last edited:
Could have sworn there was something earlier in the year that qualified as his first war crime.

Could have sworn there was something earlier in the year that qualified as his first war crime.

There was a strike on Syria around February/March. But AFAIK there was no confirmation of civilian deaths (doesn't mean that there weren't any). This is the first cast-iron proof.

IMPEACH!!! RESIGN!!! LOL.

Seriously though......of course that wouldn't be a good look (I didn't see it). I don't know why he did that, but I can think of reasons for doing so. If you are in front of the camera as much as high profile politicians, there are going to be bad looks. I can think of several off the top of my head. Repub and dem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"