• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: General Election 2024

I'm inclined to think hes being excluded because as DA pointed out, he has no chance of winning.
Oh....I didn't know that, but he probably doesn't (have a chance). Anderson and Perot didn't "really" have a chance either. The point is that it's up to CNN and the candidates as the commission isn't involved and likely won't be involved in any of the debates.

Oh....I didn't know that, but he probably doesn't (have a chance). Anderson and Perot didn't "really" have a chance either. The point is that it's up to CNN and the candidates as the commission isn't involved and likely won't be involved in any of the debates.
I'll be happy not to hear anything he has to say.

The last third party candidate that had a high share of the total popular vote was Ross Perot (he won no states). Exit polls in 1992 and 1996 showed that Ross Perot took equally from Clinton's and Bush's and Dole's pool of voters.

The last third party candidate that had a high share of the total popular vote was Ross Perot (he won no states). Exit polls in 1992 and 1996 showed that Ross Perot took equally from Clinton's and Bush's and Dole's pool of voters.

Yeah. I used the 2 most popular 3rd party candidates to highlight the fact that there really isn't a choice outside the dem and repub parties.....I wish it wasn't so, but the way things are set up, it just doesn't seem possible. I think the best chance for a more progressive direction in the party comes from the dems, but they've got a hell of a long way to go. At least there's a reasonably strong progressive wing. The main problem, as I see it, is the dominant ideology isn't really based in reality so there's an education element that is (intentionally) missing in order to further the status quo.

I'll be happy not to hear anything he has to say.
It never occurred to me until now that you're a mod and can't ignore people. :funny:

I rarely, rarely do that, but sometimes when I find the vast majority of posts lacking integrity WRT political structures, I'll go ahead and ignore.

It never occurred to me until now that you're a mod and can't ignore people. :funny:

I rarely, rarely do that, but sometimes when I find the vast majority of posts lacking integrity WRT political structures, I'll go ahead and ignore.
I'd love to put RfK jr on permanent ignore, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump bails when it gets closer.
If I'm Biden, I plaster it all over the media that Trump WILL back out because he's afraid to debate. He's a coward, a bully, etc....and that's what cowards and bullies do.....they talk and don't back it up.

If I'm Biden, I plaster it all over the media that Trump WILL back out because he's afraid to debate. He's a coward, a bully, etc....and that's what cowards and bullies do.....they talk and don't back it up.
Can Trump even last through a debate without falling asleep? :p

If you limit your vision to what's permissible within present political structures, you would never predict the French revolution or the fall of the USSR, for example. Though it's impossible to prove until the time has passed, I'll argue that we are now in a similar period of instability of change. Actually, it might be a greater one.

Separately, I'm personally far less concerned with prescriptive philosophy than with descriptive philosophy issues.

I wish the election was done already so I can stop fretting about it. :( I'm really, really tired.

Whining already.

Whining already.
This is exactly what I thought would be coming and why, if I were in the Biden camp, I would have been shouting to the stars that Trump is afraid to debate and, like the bully he is, that he talks a big game, but can't back it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"