• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Doom Patrol Doom Patrol TV Show Greenlit

fMEuOMz.gif

Seriously though, I am so happy right now. I was so worried it was going to be cancelled. So happy the theory about a move to HBO MAX came true.

Great news, but... *prayer circle for DC Universe*

Seriously guys. I need to keep these comics. They can't give them to me for a year then take them away. I'm not built to handle that kind of loss!
I have a feeling they’ll keep DCU a comic exclusive service at a reduced cost as they start to migrate all the shows to HBO Max.

I have a feeling they’ll keep DCU a comic exclusive service at a reduced cost as they start to migrate all the shows to HBO Max.
That's a best-case scenario to me, which means I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for it, lol.

That's a best-case scenario to me, which means I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for it, lol.
I wish we knew what to expect but I’d be upset if the comics disappeared. I’m finally starting to read runs that are either not in print at all, out of print or have been canceled.

I wish we knew what to expect but I’d be upset if the comics disappeared. I’m finally starting to read runs that are either not in print at all, out of print or have been canceled.
Ditto. And I'm not big on print comics in general, so there are just so many runs/arcs I've been wanting to read for YEARS that I've finally been able to dive into.

Ditto. And I'm not big on print comics in general, so there are just so many runs/arcs I've been wanting to read for YEARS that I've finally been able to dive into.
Let me know if you want recommendations.

Great news, but... *prayer circle for DC Universe*

Seriously guys. I need to keep these comics. They can't give them to me for a year then take them away. I'm not built to handle that kind of loss!
Considering they already gave fans a taste, I can't imagine them taking it away. I hope the worst case scenario is it all gets bundled under the HBO Max umbrella.

Whatcha got so far?
Well, I need to finish up Busiek's run on Supes, then fill in the blanks I missed on the New 52 Action Comics (I read most of it previously, just skipped out every now and then when crossover stuff was happening because I hated Scott Lobdell's Superman and wanted to read nothing to do with it, lol, but I really liked Pak's writing in the arcs I read). Then:

-finish Waid's JLA
-Tom King's Batman
-Crisis on Infinite Earths (yes, I've never read the whole thing!)
-Final Crisis
-DC One Million
-Supergirl Rebirth
-Blackest Night/Brightest Day
-Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps
-Peter David's Aquaman
-Morrison's Batman & Robin
-Forever Evil
-No Justice
-Snyder's Swamp Thing
-Gotham Central
-Batman: The Man Who Laughs
-Seven Soldiers
-Batman: Year 100
-Rob Williams' Martian Manhunter
-Morrison's Green Lantern (which I know isn't up there yet, but it probably will be by the time I get through this list...if DCU sticks around)

Well, I need to finish up Busiek's run on Supes, then fill in the blanks I missed on the New 52 Action Comics (I read most of it previously, just skipped out every now and then when crossover stuff was happening because I hated Scott Lobdell's Superman and wanted to read nothing to do with it, lol, but I really liked Pak's writing in the arcs I read). Then:

-finish Waid's JLA
-Tom King's Batman
-Crisis on Infinite Earths (yes, I've never read the whole thing!)
-Final Crisis
-DC One Million
-Supergirl Rebirth
-Blackest Night/Brightest Day
-Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps
-Peter David's Aquaman
-Morrison's Batman & Robin
-Forever Evil
-No Justice
-Snyder's Swamp Thing
-Gotham Central
-Batman: The Man Who Laughs
-Seven Soldiers
-Batman: Year 100
-Rob Williams' Martian Manhunter
-Morrison's Green Lantern (which I know isn't up there yet, but it probably will be by the time I get through this list...if DCU sticks around)
All great stuff here. Seven Soldiers and Gotham Central are amazing. Final Crisis took me 3 readthroughs to truly appreciate, and that was once I became really familiar with post Crisis DC continuity.

If you haven’t read the weekly series 52, I’d recommend that. It’s really good.

All great stuff here. Seven Soldiers and Gotham Central are amazing. Final Crisis took me 3 readthroughs to truly appreciate, and that was once I became really familiar with post Crisis DC continuity.

I have not, so I shall definitely add it to the list. Thanks! :up:

I have not, so I shall definitely add it to the list. Thanks! :up:
No problem. Ideally you’d want to read it after Gotham Central and Infinite Crisis since it leads into Final Crisis. Seven Soldiers should also be before Final Crisis.

52 was awesome back in the day. I worked at a comic shop back then and the fact they were able to get it out weekly shocked everyone. The only letdown was the World War 3 aspect of it but I think that happened because honestly it wasnt needed. The main stories became so good that story just kinda went by the wayside.

The best part was being part of it and seeing how sites like Newsarama handled it. Since flick hasnt read it I will put this in spoilers:
When Booster dies they had Dan Jurgens do the whole eulogy for the character, he was all over the place talking up the character he created and how he finally got his due. He of course knew Booster was coming back but they did such a good job keeping it hush hush that for like 20 weeks no one even really speculated. All the Didio haters used it as proof he hated the JLI cause he killed off more of them and he played off that so dang well in his weekly column on 52. When Booster came back the readers at my store went crazy for it. Even the ones who never read DC were talking about it. Then add in the return of the multiverse...oh boy! Plus...AMBUSH BUG IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!

I tried liking Final Crisis but I just couldnt. Some of the side stories I liked (wasnt that the one with the LOSH from 3 Earths written by Johns?) but Morrison went too far afield for me. He has always been hit or miss for my tastes. His run on Batman is one my favorites though.

Wait... oh God... I don't wanna see 6 or 7 episodes with the Doom Patrol miniaturized at all... that's a total waste!

Last edited:
The actual “news” is that Berlanti is donating $600K to the crews of his 17 TV series. Of these, the priority is to the shows that were in active production - but shut down. E.g., The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, Riverdale, etc. Eventually, some of this money might also go to shows that were already finished their seasons (e.g., Legends of Tomorrow) or yet to begin (e.g., Superman & Lois).

So perhaps comicbook.com considered it a “scoop” to confirm that Doom Patrol was in the first group of aborted productions and not in the second group of completed productions. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"