Doom Patrol Doom Patrol TV Show Greenlit

Yeah the first three episodes are pretty great, especially the third one and its just so awesome seeing these characters back together again. It's still really early and yet its already getting very emotional, especially the stuff with Dorothy. I honestly don't think I have ever felt so bad for a character before, but man some of those scenes between her and Dalton were actually pretty damn heartbreaking.

The young actress they got for that role is perfect so far and super talented IMO.

Abigail Shapiro is so tiny (145 cm tall only) for a 20 year old. And has the misfortune of having the same name as Ben Shapiro's sister (Google offered results pointing to her so imagine my confusion).

I'm so glad that you loved them! I will watch them soon. This is for me the best TV superhero show in history.
Question:

I truly hate flashbacks from previous seasons or replay of scenes which we ALREADY experienced in previous episodes. I would like to know: are the first 3 episodes of DP Season 2 lacking any "flashback" or "replay" (RECAPS AT THE BEGINNING APART). Thanks... thank you.

I have watched the first three new episodes way too many times since they came out. I don't know what my favorite episode is, but I do know I have loved them all. :atp:

That said, I feel bad for Cyborg. Whenever he leaves the group, he plays far too much of a straight man, and it is just a bit too dry for me. Especially with how much I enjoy everything else going on. Thankfully this week it seems he is back with the crew for some fun! :applaud

Yeah this entire episode was gold IMO, especially Cliff's reactions to all the crazy **** going on lol. It's been a while since I've laughed that much during an episode of this show.

Cool to see Flex again! Dorothy keeps getting great scenes. Most bizarre party ever though!

I enjoy Cliff's interactions with Larry

Last edited:
Man I felt really bad for Larry, but it honestly seemed to good to be true from beginning and I don't care what anyone says Steele & Stone needs to be a real show asap lol. Also, damn did things escalate quickly at the end of this episode. I wish episode 6 was out already.

Steele & Stone killed me. :lmao:
It's the best. The absolute best.

I really love the first season, especially the back half. But this season feels like a big upgrade. Everyone feels like they have something going on every episode, and everything is so good.

Also I am kind of embarrassed by how much I love Rita and Larry and their relationship. So cute, so tender, and it is happening without either trying to get laid. It's... nice.

Larry and Rita's relationship is definitely a major highlight of the show.

Cliff and Cyborg need to be bros from now on!

-Dianna Gutierrez keeps amazing me!

-Is Jane on her own now with no split personalities?

Last edited:
This show is absolutely brilliant! Why isn’t this thread as active as it should be for a show of this caliber?! I hope they announce a season 3 soon!

Well, dammit. I actually had faith that they had managed to finish all but post-production (which they could finish remotely) before the shutdown since they said they were still going ahead with release. Now I wish they had just waited and released it when it was properly done. It's not a network show - they're not at the mercy of the advertisers/broadcast season and could have released it at any time, whenever restrictions were lifted and they were able to finish. This was just AT&T/HBO Max wanting something to beef up their already lackluster launch, and Doom Patrol drew the short straw since it was "mostly" done.

1Eec.gif

Honestly with a lot of shows starting up again within a month...if HBO REALLLLY wanted to they could finish what they had remaining of the finale.

Honestly with a lot of shows starting up again within a month...if HBO REALLLLY wanted to they could finish what they had remaining of the finale.
HBO MAX. The distinction is important here, imo, because HBO absolutely would not have released an unfinished show. That's why they're HBO and AT&T is so desperate to piggyback on their brand, lol.

No joke that ending was crazy and once again now we have to wait a whole week to see what happens next which sucks lol. In all seriousness this was a really good episode with a lot of great drama, especially the scenes with Larry, Dorothy and Jane. I also really liked those Pioneers of the Uncharted characters and while the two guys were funny it was actually pretty damn sad what ended up happening to them.

The Valentina character was really interesting though and I honestly kind of wish that she had stuck around more. Her scenes with Larry were great.

I didn't like the Pioners of the Uncharted guys at all but liked Valentina and I hope to see more of her! Lot's of great scenes with Cliff and Chief, Cliff and Dorothy, Cyborg and gf, Jane and the Underground.

Chief is so damn shady! Cliff finally starts to be cool with Chief but then Chief does him dirty like that

I still love this show, but the only thing I don't really like is Cyborg's storyline with his girl. Maybe because it's so detached from everything else and it keeps him away from the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"