No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

^ I think he just sensed the Goblin persona emerging.

Willem Dafoe is just... the man never misses.

I seriously liked how more threatening and sinister his Gobby was here compared to SM1, and I really liked him in that movie. I feel like doing away with a bit of the camp really benefitted the character and Dafoe's acting. Him not wearing a mask, something I initially had an issue with, was something I didn't pay any mind to because those facial expressions were just perfection.

I seriously liked how more threatening and sinister his Gobby was here compared to SM1, and I really liked him in that movie. I feel like doing away with a bit of the camp really benefitted the character and Dafoe's acting. Him not wearing a mask, something I initially had an issue with, was something I didn't pay any mind to because those facial expressions were just perfection.

Even his laughs were more frightening. That one in the alley reminded me of Freddy Krueger.

Norman is cured > gets sent back to his home universe > learns his son is dead > blames Spider-Man > Becomes Green Goblin again.

But wouldn't Norman just get sent back to the universe where he's alive? Why would he get transported to the SM2-SM3 ones?

I think he was more sinister in SM1. The camp worked perfectly well there. And honestly being the main villain let him really hammer the danger factor.

At the very least I can't say he was more threatening. He literally had a free chance to stab Toby Spidey in the back and failed to do more than mildly inconvenience him.

He was fantastic in this movie though. Definitely not there to say he was bad. Just that he was already fantastic in SM1 and it's hard to top his performance there. A pretty darn good performance as a really messed up Osborn and also as the Goblin.

new-1.jpg

The more I think about it, the more this kinda bothers me. Why was the CGI so unfinished in some places?

FIweoWAXsAc9kAY

Green Goblin being the best MCU villain despite having comparitively little screen time is a testament to Willem Dafoe's unbelievable talent. He is truly a master of his craft.

Yeah he was great but he actually wasn’t in this as much as I expected. Also I wish he wore the mask in the final battle

Yeah he was great but he actually wasn’t in this as much as I expected. Also I wish he wore the mask in the final battle

I get why they ditched the 2002 mask but I wish they had still do something like him wearing green war paint on his face just in order to complete the goblin look somewhat. You'd still have the advantage of being able to show DaFoe's facial expressions.

Maybe Harry Holland should've thrown green paint on him

Is it confirmed when Dafoe is cured he’s sent back to die in SM1? I assume he would immediately stop fighting Spider-Man, which would alter many of the events of the original trilogy, but I’m sure Doc Ock would still end up sacrificing himself just with Norman funding his project versus Harry.

I think they both went to their own branched timelines where they didn't die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"