Dune

I expected it to end its run a bit higher, after that big opening, but it's still a great performance and a big improvement over the first one, especially in the US where it has almost made three times more, further proving how idiotic the day-and-date release strategy was.

G12 is good too but if we're talkin real 70mm IMAX then you're better off going a little further back.

Yeah, I think a decades-worth of 6-8 billion dollar movies each year has kind of warped our perception a bit.

Yeah, I think a decades-worth of 6-8 billion dollar movies each year has kind of warped our perception a bit.
I think those times are gone for the time being. The billion dollar club will be far less crowded than pre 2020.

Yes it is a 4 quadrant movie, but it’s not a “crowd pleaser like Star Wars”.
Honestly, given that Star Wars was designed to be much more commercial, Dune would never do those kinda numbers.

Though, it's performing better than recent entries in the Fast and Furious and James Bond franchises (much higher % domestically). Jumped past Spider-Verse 2, a ton of recent Pixar movies, and Disney live action remakes. If you had told me that two/three years ago, I wouldn't have believed it.

It's the number #1 movie of the year so far, got past the $700M mark, and is performing well on digital. For a post-pandemic movie, it's definitely in the big leagues.

images

Can’t wait to be the Baron on the playground!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"