E3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
e3logo.jpg

Alright, I was actually thinking about making this thread last night, but then thought perhaps it was too early. However, now with apparent confirmation that Nintendo is set to reveal their next home console at this E3, I think it's time to get this hype train rolling.

So, what are your predictions? What are you excited to see for the first time? What are you most excited to see more of?

GO!

Nintendo is releasing a new updated Wii or a whole new console???(already??)

Mass Effect 3 trailer...

I want it.

Last edited:
Nintendo is releasing a new updated Wii or a whole new console???(already??)

Yup, Nintendo is the only company that really can right now. I'd say Sony and Microsoft have two years yet before they can move onto a new console.

It was released in Jan '10 but it was finished around Nov/Dec '09 and pushed back and according to the executive producer they were working on ME3 during the end of ME2's development so assuming ME3 comes out during the Nov/Dec of '11 or in Jan '12 it'll have been 2 years more or less.

Hitman 5. The announcement iv been waiting for what seems like forever for is going to be made at this years E3.

My long list of dumb predictions.

Microsoft
I predict they'll be banging the Kinect drum pretty hard. Showing more casual games, and even a few "...but don't think we've forgotten about hardcore gamers!" games as well. I think Rare will probably have a new game on display, and if Microsoft has any sense it will actually be something pretty cool and not just another off-brand Wii Sports. I suspect they'll also try and get a piece of the "free to play" market and announce something Home or Free Realms-esque.

Outside of Gears 3 they don't have much in the way "core" games on the horizion, so I imagine they'll demo that for a while. They'll definitely have a remake or some kind of update of Halo: Combat Evolved to celebrate ten years of Xbox and Halo. There will probably be a Call of Duty demo, and since Activision's got all hands on deck to get it out this fall I suspect they'll play it safe and it will look exactly like the last four. Microsoft will continue to pretend that CoD is exclusive to their platform.

Overall, I expect a fairly flaccid show from Microsoft. I hope I'm wrong though.

Nintendo
Nintendo is going to continue showing a lot of love for enthusiast gamers since they're the only ones that are still suporting Nintendo's platforms. There will definitely be a new Kirby and Pikmin game on display, and I think they'll probably announce a new traditional Star Fox game as well.

Lots of 3DS talk with a few demos. They'll have a very strong lineup moving forward.

Obligatory Zelda stage demo, and in addition to that I imagine they will announce some kind of new Zelda thing in honor of the series 25th anniversary.

Fact: Nintendo will announce a new console. It won't have a name or a release date, but I imagine they might show some impressive tech demos akin to their famous Spaceworld 2000 demo reel for the GameCube.

Nintendo could potentially knock it out of the park even harder than last year and "win" again if they play their cards right.

Sony
I have a strong feeling that Sony is going to start their press conference by showing footage from various titles (Uncharted, Metal Gear, God of War, etc.) that if you squint your eyes a bit look like PS3 games, but then will "surprise" us by revealing they were running on the NGP. Which will get a name and a price. It will be expensive.

They'll do some demos with it, and it will be a mixed bag.

I doubt the Move will be mentioned much, if at all.

They'll show off Twisted Metal, Uncharted 3, Sly 4, among others. Insomniac will reveal a new game. It won't be Ratchet or Resistance. I'm going way out on a limb with this one, but I think Rockstar will reveal Grand Theft Auto V, probably with some kind of exclusive deal with Sony. No word about Agent. The Last Guardian goes unmentioned again. I die a little inside.

Sony's press conference is going to be largley be hit or miss depending on how much or how little they focus on certain things.

Misc.
These are just random things I want to see.
Mass Effect 3!
The Elder Scrolls V.
Assassin's Creed III. Not set entirely in the present.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Miyamoto (drunk) stumbles onto the stage and slaps Iwata across the face. He then yells something in slurred Japanese and leaves.
A new Rainbow Six.
Half-Life.

Last edited:
I hope we get some kind of info for a new Rainbow Six game. Vegas 2 was huge in 08. It's time to roll out with that New York game they mentioned.

See... I actually see Sony undercutting the 3DS on pricing. They already said they'd be willing to sell the NGP at a loss. Now, you could say that it should cost 500 and they're selling it for 300... but I see them releasing it for around 200.

I agree with a lot of what Soapy is saying though. Microsoft is going to pump up Kinect, show off some "core" stuff for it. I also think they'll show a LOT of Halo Remade, hopefully confirm that it has it's stand alone online and NOT just a disk with Reach online...

I hope we get some kind of info for a new Rainbow Six game. Vegas 2 was huge in 08. It's time to roll out with that New York game they mentioned.

I believe they already have a formally good tactical shooter turned bore fest wallcover game coming out in the form of Ghost Recon: Slightly Metal Gear Solid.

I'm hoping that this time R* is there with Max Payne 3, oh and an annoucement for Hitman 5 from Eidos/Square Enix.
A new Half-Life game or Episode 3 but as for right now, that's a pipe dream. It will come...soon enough.

Last edited:
I've been saying this EVERY year... I want a new Legacy of Kain game.

Valve will probably pimp Dota 2 next I think, they have shown nothing, only concept art.
Portal 2 will be dusted by E3 so it seems like the perfect place for a first showing.

Hitman 5. The announcement iv been waiting for what seems like forever for is going to be made at this years E3.

I couldn't agree with you more. Hitman 5 has been a long time coming and seems its been forever since Blood Money was released. Still a highly enjoyable and addictive game.

I hope they announce Halo 1 with xbox live capabilities.

would be awesome IF they make all compatible original Xbox and PS1&2 multilayer games into having online capabilities,Then having even more Xbox&PS1&2 games in the on-demand list!

Yup, Nintendo is the only company that really can right now. I'd say Sony and Microsoft have two years yet before they can move onto a new console.

well a year after the 360&PS3 came out,Microsoft&Sony said they would wait 10 years before moving on with another new console!,how long have these been out??(I keep forgetting)

Wii II(Project Cafe).....

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1162045p1.html

I'm confused on how the controllers would be!,6 inch screens on the controllers(that functions like the Gamecube)??So it's like a DS But for a new console??,and downloading content from the console into the controller!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"