Hawkeye Episode 6: So This is Christmas? (Spoiler Discussion)

Needed more family time at the end, though. It was fun seeing a little of Kate with the Bartons, but we didn't really see much of the family together.

They literally weren't together. You can tell Renner and Cardellini shot their scenes seperately and with stand-ins.

Would like a making of usually a week after last episodes they post it on disney +
Good idea, and the best time to do it while people are still used to tuning in every Wednesday and the hype is still high.

Kingpin can fight Spidey. He's always been more then just a man.

Aren't you on team "everything on Netflix is cannon"? He wasn't superhuman then, so why is he that suddenly? Yet couldn't knock out a kid lol?

As for him fighting Spider-Man, yes that has never made sense. He can fight Spidey, yet non superstrong Daredevil can also give him trouble. :hmm

Aren't you on team "everything on Netflix is cannon"? He wasn't superhuman then, so why is he that suddenly? Yet couldn't knock out a kid lol?

As for him fighting Spider-Man, yes that has never made sense. He can fight Spidey, yet non superstrong Daredevil can also give him trouble. :hmm
I always saw him as super human there. Just like Matt, Bullseye, Elektra, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, etc.

Not a bad finale, hopefully the next season has more Yelena and Kate Bishop if Clint is taking a break.

Not sure I will watch the Maya Echo series, story seemed to end with this. The Tracksuits were okay as a side but not interested in them as a whole series and stuff.

So the Rolex confirmed she was Agent 19 with Shield, so comic accurate that Hawkeye and Mockingbird got married.

The post credit scene has to be the worst since the cap public service announcement for me i was ticked at the Howard the duck one but grown to appreciate it

But that musical :argh:

Most reviews I've checked all have loathe it agatha all along that was not
lmao I didn't mind the Cap service announcement at least it had some fun. I was like is this **** real? When the musical was going on.

Even if he wasn't super then, the shows were all pre snap anyway. So in those 5 years during the blip he easily could have juiced himself. It is Marvel and stuff like that happens

Second MCU show I was able to get through. Wasn’t always the smoothest ride but still a fun ride.

Thought the humor was way too over the top at times. I mean, I get it…It’s Disney I get it….but lord, its like once you think the silliness has reached its peak they find a way to take it even further. It really hurts the emotional intensity of some of the scenes and worse, just isn’t funny, It is what it is though….Just Disney being Disney I guess.

Kingpin. Pretty much the same character which was nice but he’s just so limited swimming in the Kiddy pool. I’m really concerned for DD in the MCU after watching this especially since I’m watching DD side by side as I’m watching Hawkeye…Complete night and day difference with the tone and settings.

Oh well…all in all, was a Fun little series that is hampered and limited by the constraints of the MCU.

lmao I didn't mind the Cap service announcement at least it had some fun. I was like is this **** real? When the musical was going on.

Not a fan of being trolled like thst I laughed at it at the time but still highly disappointed marvel spoiled us I guess

Even if he wasn't super then, the shows were all pre snap anyway. So in those 5 years during the blip he easily could have juiced himself. It is Marvel and stuff like that happens

Anything is possible, all we can do for now is speculate. :shrug: Also, just to clarify I'm not one of the people who thinks the netflix shows are canon. I hope they aren't but I'm taking a "wait and see" attitiude until confirmation (if it every comes lol).

So the Rolex confirmed she was Agent 19 with Shield, so comic accurate that Hawkeye and Mockingbird got married.

Well, Hawkeye and Agent 19 anyway. We don't know if she ever went by Mockingbird.

Well Marvel, now I want to see Laura in action!

Kingpin's depiction has always alternated in tone depending on the writer and stories he's in, and what hero he is fighting.

I feel like Marvel thought the "I Can Do This All Day" musical was gonna get as loved and viral as Agatha All Along, hence why letting that performance as a "treat" for the fans.

Needless to say, it didn't.

I feel like Marvel thought the "I Can Do This All Day" musical was gonna get as loved and viral as Agatha All Along, hence why letting that performance as a "treat" for the fans.

Needless to say, it didn't.
That's what it feels like, but it's so confusing to me because it was obviously made to be bad. If they wanted it to be a hit like 'Agatha All Along,' they should have, you know, made it good. But it would have been so easy to make the scene worthwhile. A few possibilities:

- Pan out from stage to Foggy and Matt in the back row. Foggy looks to Matt - "You have no idea how much I envy you right now."

- Pan out to see Scott, Cassie and Luis in audience. Cassie is confused - "Dad, you weren't..." They both look down to Luis, who raises his hands in mock guilt.

- Cut from end of musical to Yelena walking out, giddily singing half-correct lyrics to herself

- Cut from end of musical to Jack in the lobby. He's approached by the Contessa & John Walker: "I'm surprised you can still afford a ticket." "Do I know you?" "You could say I'm someone familiar with... your financial predicament. Must be a terrible pain for accounting, your fiance turning out to be a criminal mastermind. You're definitely not getting that inheritance now." "What do you want?" "To offer you a job. You see, one of my best employees seems to have quit. So I have an opening for someone with a particular set of skills. I already have a shield. I could use a Swordsman."

Last edited:
A rare miss from their apparent ability to have memes/internet fandom down to a science.

That's what it feels like, but it's so confusing to me because it was obviously made to be bad. If they wanted it to be a hit like 'Agatha All Along,' they should have, you know, made it good. But it would have been so easy to make the scene worthwhile. A few possibilities:

- Pan out from stage to Foggy and Matt in the back row. Foggy looks to Matt - "You have no idea how much I envy you right now."

- Pan out to see Scott, Cassie and Luis in audience. Cassie is confused - "Dad, you weren't..." They both look down to Luis, who raises his hands in mock guilt.

- Cut from end of musical to Yelena walking out, giddily singing half-correct lyrics to herself

- Cut from end of musical to Jack in the lobby. He's approached by the Contessa & John Walker: "I'm surprised you can still afford a ticket." "Do I know you?" "You could say I'm someone familiar with... your financial predicament. Must be a terrible pain for accounting, your fiance turning out to be a criminal mastermind. You're definitely not getting that inheritance now." "What do you want?" "To offer you a job. You see, one of my best employees seems to have quit. So I have an opening for someone with a particular set of skills. I already have a shield. I could use a Swordsman."
I spent the whole song expecting something like the first three. Then it kept going. And I was like "okay, so there's a punchline." And then they cut to a shot of the crowd, pulling back. And I was like "okay, so they're going to show someone in the audience at the end of this camera move." Then it kept going. And going. And just... ended.

I liked Barton.
I really liked Kate.
I really liked Yelena.
I really liked Jack.
Really liked Kingpin.

I do not like this show.

For me, the whole is unfortunately less than the sum of its parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"