Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dany accepts Tyrion (she thinks he is a Lannister) I am sure she'll forgive the Starks... as she compared the Lannisters and Starks in a convo with Barristan

Perhaps. Do you think she'd still separate Robert Baratheon from the Lannisters, and so view the Starks as the whelps of the Usurper's dog?

All I know is that Barristan was very disappointed in her attitude towards the Starks, and so am I.

I am very disappointed in the lot of you, and you don't want to see me when I am disappointed.

Her intial opinion may not matter that much if she encounters them midway through a battle between Stark forces and freakin' ice zombies. The Stark would be unlikely to raise much of a fuss if they get desperate enough to do anything for some dragon fire, and it's hard to see Dany being hostile towards an opponent who's entangled in a magic war.

Of course, I kind of feel like our four main political Starks all have some kind of immediate counter to Dany's immediate righteous anger just because of their circumstances. Unlike the other houses, the Stark's don't have the traditional old patriarch or matriarch to be targeted by Dany. At the very least, their individual stories are all intriguing enough to slow her down if they meet her.

Sansa: "Your highness, I believe you know what it's like to be traded like meat to monsters, yes? I was gift wrapped for two seperate serial killers. How was your marriage?"

Bran: "I am contacting you through my magic control of ancient tree-powers. I'd meet you in person, but I regret to say my young body is crippled, which I'm sure has no impact on your sympathy at all."

Arya: "I can wear your face!"

Jon: "Two things: One, I've already died, and two, freakin' ice zombies."

👆👆👆👆👆

Loved Bran and Jon's interactions lol:woot::woot::woot:

All I know is that Barristan was very disappointed in her attitude towards the Starks, and so am I.

I miss Barristan.:(

And Bronn. Where the hell is Bronn? Id completely forgotten about him until randomly the other night it just popped in my head, "Where the **** is Bronn?"

13263759_882336765246167_6673906922399718437_n.jpg

I saw a cartoon of some soldiers on a battlement looking down on the ironborn. There were flies buzzing around the ironborn, half of them looked like idiots while one of them was humping a squid.

Not saying it reminds me of the show or anything, but just saiyan

I saw a cartoon of some soldiers on a battlement looking down on the ironborn. There were flies buzzing around the ironborn, half of them looked like idiots while one of them was humping a squid.

Not saying it reminds me of the show or anything, but just saiyan

ZZwLUQk.gif

I didn't mind it in the show either... but strictly seeing it for the show that it is/has become... It wasn't surprising at all to me or anything... disappointing in comparison to the book sure... but I really didn't expect much out of Euron and all IN THE SHOW strictly. The bridge was more surprising than anything to me because of how pretty spot on it was.

and i mean... a little cut under his eye instead of the eyepatch and ****ed up eye? :cmad:

I wouldn't have minded it if that bay were filled with Euron's fleet and he'd thrown in the grandiosity from the books.

Do ya'll think we'll get more children at the Isle of Faces in the show?

I wouldn't have minded it if that bay were filled with Euron's fleet and he'd thrown in the grandiosity from the books.

Do ya'll think we'll get more children at the Isle of Faces in the show?

Is that a thing in the show? I can't recall them going there previously.

I know of a certain Dutch island filled with children... but thats neither here nor there.

Is that a thing in the show? I can't recall them going there previously.

Not that I know of. Harrenhal's the closest we've been, though it could've been name-dropped by Arya when she, Gendry and Hot Pie were on the run in season two.

his hands were a bit small... and his obsession with dick jokes... maybe he's hung like a gerbil

I didn't mind it in the show either... but strictly seeing it for the show that it is/has become... It wasn't surprising at all to me or anything... disappointing in comparison to the book sure... but I really didn't expect much out of Euron and all IN THE SHOW strictly. The bridge was more surprising than anything to me because of how pretty spot on it was.

and i mean... a little cut under his eye instead of the eyepatch and ****ed up eye? :cmad:

D&D have an odd determination to remove eccentricities or unique definining characteristics from the show's character designs.

This is the character in the books:
kingsmoot_euron_greyjoy_by_zippo514-d67nxn3.jpg

I didn't think all of his physical traits would be kept, but this was something akin to what I was expecting in a toned down Kingsmoot:

12277447_1667615613492094_146535833_n.jpg

I wish Daario had his blue hair and blue beard and gold mustache.:D

Daario_naharis.jpg

Instead they gave us Daario Surfer Dude:

daario_naharis_hbo.jpg

I would have liked to see Dany with violet eyes too.

Yea i was going to mention Dany's eyes as well. Tyrions eyes as well..i thought, for the show, the blackwater scar on his face was going to mess with his eye too...

You guys have just ruined it for me. I now hate this show's Euron..what an average looking boring bastard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"