Gotham Knights

Not a huge fan of the voice acting so far. Combat as shown is weird. The random bits where they seem to stop the offensive, to back away, doesn't make sense. It could be for demo purposes, sure, but it doesn't exactly paint the combat in the best light. And single button attacks is not my favorite.

Gameplay looks fun enough but agreed about some of that voice acting. Also really, really miss the Arkham games counter system. Blocking hits in stylish ways was one of the main things that made me feel like Batman in a fight sequence. Dodging and cartwheeling out of the way of a single punch feels silly haha

I think the Red Hood ones are my favorite.

Gameplay looks fun enough but agreed about some of that voice acting. Also really, really miss the Arkham games counter system. Blocking hits in stylish ways was one of the main things that made me feel like Batman in a fight sequence. Dodging and cartwheeling out of the way of a single punch feels silly haha
Yeah, it felt very natural and it worked well in the games that copied it too lol.

If Nightwing doesn't get a disco suit then this is all for nothing.

The facial animations and voice acting is still goofy. Really hoping the gameplay is better than shown off so far, because I fear this script is going to be painful.

Props for the Nightwing's ass line, though.

As long as the gameplay and story are decent I can get past the less than stellar dialogue and voice acting.

The game has me constantly yo-yoing on if I like what I'm seeing. One moment, looks fun. The next, looks disappointing. Think this has fallen into the "wait for reviews" category at this point.

My worry is that it will just be one of those IP content games that's more a time sink than a well rounded game that you waste investing 8n unlocking that one skin or weapon etc you want but never feels worth the time.

Wow most of those suits look like ass. The idea to give Robin jackets instead of cape in most of them is a terrible one. Let superheroes wear capes, dammit.

The facial animations and voice acting is still goofy. Really hoping the gameplay is better than shown off so far, because I fear this script is going to be painful.

Hmm, that wasn't too impressive.

Wow most of those suits look like ass. The idea to give Robin jackets instead of cape in most of them is a terrible one. Let superheroes wear capes, dammit.

giphy.gif

The score in that clip sounds like something that would play on a game console homescreen. Hope the rest of the score is better. The Arkham games' scores were always really good.

Considering they scratched the pS4 release....this looks VERY PS3 quality

Painful dialogue aside, I'm starting to think they didn't have much budget (or time?) for this. This looks kinda cheap. It really is lacking that "Arkham" polish that we expect from modern Batman games. I feel like this should have come out on PS4 / XBone and then ported to the newer consoles anyway.

Painful dialogue aside, I'm starting to think they didn't have much budget (or time?) for this. This looks kinda cheap. It really is lacking that "Arkham" polish that we expect from modern Batman games. I feel like this should have come out on PS4 / XBone and then ported to the newer consoles anyway.
My hype levels have gone down a fair bit. I was looking forward to this more than most other games but it doesn’t feel like it’s got the love and resources that the Arkham games did. I expect more 2 generations and more than a decade after Arkham City.

Red Hood looks a little less weird than the Batgirl footage we had. Still, the combat flow feels a bit off to me.

Something looks off about the combat to me. The lack of free flow bothers me.

I was pretty thrilled for this, but I admit the footage is giving me pause. Went from a pre-order to one I'll wait until reviews come in on. Hope they're good, there's a lot to love, but it looks... not quite there still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"