Gotham Knights

I think 4 Player would've been a logistical nightmare, considering players can split up in the free roam, completely untethered.

I think 4 Player would've been a logistical nightmare, considering players can split up in the free roam, completely untethered.
Yeah, guess you’re right.

Seems like a broad mix. Nothing outstanding, but an 8 from Press Start and 7.75 from Game Informer. Few people seem to love the story though.

I would imagine it might be similar to Avengers, where fun enough for big fans but nothing special, and uninspired combat. Very curious how it actually feels.

Unsurprisingly a mixed reception. It's either you love it or hate it. One of the reviews mentions it's a GOTY contender with Elden Ring. :shrug:

I was hoping it was still somehow going to get a very good reception across the board, but seems more mixed than I wanted.

72 sounds fine to me, i didnt expect a 90 or so.
But in general im currently quite infuriated with reviews in general.

Because of how much weight people give them and how lazy reviewers themself have become.
Some of the stuff they critize is insane.
I saw literally reviews complaining that its not Arkham enough when constantly it was said that its not Arkham and doesnt want to be it.

Anyway, only reason at this point im not getting it yet, is because my list of games is already so large that i can not justify buying more games.
Thats why i cant get God of War at release, because i have here dozens of games i need to finish before getting new ones.

Yeah, lack of endgame with a short story mode is not great.

I've seen a couple of streamers player today. Everyone has kind of had a consensus that it's a very average game, and close to below average. Which I guess tracks given the reviews.

Combat does look clunky as hell though. I don't think I've seen one person play with any sense of fluidity.

I've seen a couple of streamers player today. Everyone has kind of had a consensus that it's a very average game, and close to below average. Which I guess tracks given the reviews.

Combat does look clunky as hell though. I don't think I've seen one person play with any sense of fluidity.
:csad: Wonder why when they’ve been perfecting this style of gameplay for so long.

My guess they're trying hard not to be arkham. Even when they did origins they couldn't quite nail the rocksteady flow of combat. I wish they had the guts to not have pulled the plug on the Superman game.

My guess they're trying hard not to be arkham. Even when they did origins they couldn't quite nail the rocksteady flow of combat. I wish they had the guts to not have pulled the plug on the Superman game.
I was only asking for a great Arkham game with the Bat-Family, so that sucks.

I wonder what the reception would've been if they had taken this premise (the Bat Family teams up after Batman is killed) and made something closer to a 2D arcadey beat em up like that recent TMNT Shredder's Revenge game.

I’m slightly underwhelmed by the revelation that this game is mediocre at best. I kinda suspect this was going to happen especially when the game was delayed and pushed back. Also without Batman there’s a huge void . I’ll wait until the price goes down before I pick this up.

I’m slightly underwhelmed by the revelation that this game is mediocre at best. I kinda suspect this was going to happen especially when the game was delayed and pushed back. Also without Batman there’s a huge void . I’ll wait until the price goes down before I pick this up.

Why would you not want to continue using the freeflow combat system? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I wonder what the reception would've been if they had taken this premise (the Bat Family teams up after Batman is killed) and made something closer to a 2D arcadey beat em up like that recent TMNT Shredder's Revenge game.
I don’t know about instead of, but I’d definitely take that as well. Great idea for a game. :up:

Why would you not want to continue using the freeflow combat system? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I feel like they wanted very desperately go away from the Arkham series...which in the end is kind of their sad downfall.
Because despite their hard work, their constantly telling people it is not meant to be arkham...that is exactly why some dont like it.

But i think the developers missed the point people made.
Its not that people wanted it to be in the same univese etc...people wanted it to play as fun as the Arkham games.

As sad as the negative response is to GK(And make no mistake, i will buy this game and play the hell out of it, no matter what critics say) a part of me goes "See, now make a Batman game with the arkham gameplay".

I keep repeating this over and over again, but why would you NOT decide to let WBM continue doing games like Origins?

I mean sure, the first 2-3 years after its release, opinion was different...but around 2016-17 people kept screaming for remaster, sequels etc...why would you not listen to that?

Or in general, why would you let the Arkham formula sit somewhere and not use it, while doing a game that instead tries to go away from that?

Anway...can we now finally get a Origins remaster, a sequel and or a new franchise with the Arkham Formula...that would be nice.

I don’t know about instead of, but I’d definitely take that as well. Great idea for a game. :up:

You know, one of the many things i dont get, is why we dont have more 2d style DC action games.
Like there is no better base than having the batfamily in some sidescroller beat em up going through gotham city.
Its fun, its simple.
I still throw in once in a while Batman Returns for the SNES because that is so much fun.

Yeah I’m still looking forward to playing the game myself and judging for me but yeah Warner Bros. Games give us that Origins remaster.

You know, one of the many things i dont get, is why we dont have more 2d style DC action games.
Like there is no better base than having the batfamily in some sidescroller beat em up going through gotham city.
Its fun, its simple.
I still throw in once in a while Batman Returns for the SNES because that is so much fun.
They don't take too much in the way of resources and can be a quick cash-in that the retro gamers love. The Bat Family would make for an awesome quartet on a game like that, with all the co-op moves and banter they could add in. A lot of fun for less effort and easy money.

They don't take too much in the way of resources and can be a quick cash-in that the retro gamers love. The Bat Family would make for an awesome quartet on a game like that, with all the co-op moves and banter they could add in. A lot of fun for less effort and easy money.

Absolutely, it would be so much simple fun without having to put millions into it.
And i just dont get it.
Leaving out my general Lack of understanding how this whole gaming industry sleeps on Comic book IPs in general...side scrolling beat em ups are a perfect Genre to put Comic book Characters into without too much risk.
Its a simple idea that can work for dozens of Characters, from batman to spawn, conan, vampirella, Wonder woman, Green arrow etc.

So many Characters to dip your toe in...i just dont understand why the Comic and gaming industry arent deeper connected yet.

Just started but I’m liking it so far but I can definitely tell that the combat will get old.

This is a big reason for not really being hyped for this game. It was a big big reason the arkham games where so good. Heck spiderman ps4 and miles Morales combat is similar to the arkham games but still different and I feel like you could have done 1 more arkham type of game any way without it feeling like to much of arkham. Not only does the combat not look great but I have also been hearing that the games frame rate is not good. I never understood the obsession of 60 or 30 fps cant even tell the difference but I am hearing that the game also drops a lot so its not a stable 30 and that is a issue.

Yeah I’m still looking forward to playing the game myself and judging for me but yeah Warner Bros. Games give us that Origins remaster.

Yeah I would like that. I love the xmas setting and music in that game and really my only issue for the most part it that its to similar to city. I guess I am lucky because people said the game was buggy but never really had buggy game.How ever like 15% of the time the game will drop a little in frame rate where the other 3 basically never do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"