Grand Theft Auto 6

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
What would you love to see in gta6? I know it'll be years away but it's always fun to speculate.

- I really want a female character this time. It's silly not to have one.
- horses. I just think it'll be cool
- bring back the jetpack!
- if you're out in an area like sandy shores you should have weather conditions like dust tornados etc

We really need a thread for this? GTA 5 was just released. Wow.

Time travel , Futuristic city , post apocalyptic future missions , Underground caves and city , Gang wars , Afterlife Missions ....

Agreed. There is no need. We havent even seen what DLC for GTA V will bring

Yeah, there really is no need, but I'll bite.

Time travel , Futuristic city , post apocalyptic future missions , Underground caves and city , Gang wars , Afterlife Missions ....

No. This isn't Saints Row.

What would you love to see in gta6? I know it'll be years away but it's always fun to speculate.

- I really want a female character this time. It's silly not to have one.

No. There is no reason to have a female character just for the sake of having one. The fact is, Rockstar is smart. They know their demographic well. Most 15-30 year old guys (who make up this franchise's demographic) don't have a burning desire to be a woman. It would be silly to have a female character just for the sake of having one and that is really all that would be.

- horses. I just think it'll be cool

No. It would've made sense in V, with all the open country area that surrounds Los Angeles/Los Santos, but since VI will probably be set in Vice City, a caricature of Miami, the environment doesn't really lend itself. There aren't many ranches surrounding Miami.

- bring back the jetpack!

Its silly, but okay, if they want to. I think what would be really funny is to have a jetpack and every time the player character tries to use it, it malfunctions as a result of there being no conceivable reason for the PC being able to fly a jet pack and they die a gruesome death. Would be a funny way for Rockstar to mess with all the people who keep asking for it.

- if you're out in an area like sandy shores you should have weather conditions like dust tornados etc

No objection to that.

For it to take place in city that hasn't been used in a GTA game.(like Chicago) Or for San Fierro or Las Venturas to get their own maps.

The ability to create a big gang and then assault whatever you like, Banks for example. Some more buildings that aren't hollow, would love to make a heist in one, Die Hard style.

I would really love to see a completely different map with different cities and areas other than any modified version from previous ones Just let the original be original and launch something new in GTA VI .

personally, i would love for the next GTA game to go retro once again like Vice City. have it take place in the 70s in a Chicago-like city.

I dunno about looking ahead (many years) to GTA VI, but there are things I'd like to see in the more immediate future for GTA V expansions:

*More customization for cars. Granted, they've done a better job than the bare-bones Spray-N-Pays of the past, but it would really be nice to add some style and visuals to your vehicle --- flames, racing stripes, street racer vinyls, vanity plates, bumper stickers, etc.

*Pets, including livestock and horses. There's still rumors that this very much is in GTA V's future DLC, so fingers crossed here. There's tons of things within the game that hint at horses, including stables, ranches, and most notably, a horse racing track.

*Just as GTA IV was able to make Liberty City feel brand new again with expansion packs that focused on specific subcultures within the city and added new encounter areas and gameplay features, I'd like to see GTA V DLC explore some specific subcultures of Los Santos....particularly a latino protagonist and storyline (for a city that is supposed to emulate Los Angeles, the hispanic presence in Los Santos is bafflingly subdued in the main game); DLC focusing specifically on the surfer/hippie/beach bum subculture; and an expansion pack that turns the tables and lets you play as a cop, albeit of the corrupt and/or loose cannon variety.

No way, Las Venturas or bust for DLC!

I would like it to maybe take place in the UK.

and an expansion pack that turns the tables and lets you play as a cop, albeit of the corrupt and/or loose cannon variety.

I'd really like this, and it's something I've been mentioning for years. In previous GTA games it might not have worked, but there's no reason it couldn't in V. In much the same way Michael can't harm his own family members, there's no reason the same effect couldn't be put in place when dealing with innocents for a cop character. Playing as a crooked cop (and being able to do 'vigilante' missions without gaining a wanted level) would be spectacular.

Someone once told me playing a cop in GTA would be a terrible idea because GTA has always been about criminals. But there's no reason a cop can't be a criminal. You'd just be Al Capone with a badge.

100 cool points to everyone who gets that reference.

I would have to definitely say that it would be fun to explore being a crooked cop. That would definitely be a lot of fun to see that.

I would have to definitely say that it would be fun to explore being a crooked cop. That would definitely be a lot of fun to see that.

Especially considering that these guys are modeled after the LAPD, who have the dubious distinction of being considered by many to be the most corrupt law enforcement agency in the country. There's *tons* of bad cop mileage to be had in Los Santos.

Especially considering that these guys are modeled after the LAPD, who have the dubious distinction of being considered by many to be the most corrupt law enforcement agency in the country. There's *tons* of bad cop mileage to be had in Los Santos.

Yea im gonna have to second or third that idea. Deff would be a neat take. Being able to almost do what you want and get away with it because of your status would be neat. I would wonder how theyd handle the wanted system tho. I mean now, ya blast someone and the cops show up because ya committed murder, but if youre the cop, it could be "self defense". Wonder how the gameplay would change to accommodate that?

Yea im gonna have to second or third that idea. Deff would be a neat take. Being able to almost do what you want and get away with it because of your status would be neat. I would wonder how theyd handle the wanted system tho. I mean now, ya blast someone and the cops show up because ya committed murder, but if youre the cop, it could be "self defense". Wonder how the gameplay would change to accommodate that?

I touched on it briefly in my post, but I think just making it so you couldn't harm innocents would be the way to go. Like how the cross hair turns to an X if you point it at friendly characters (Michael's family, etc). Obviously it wouldn't be a perfect system because gamers are bound to find ways around it, but it would certainly cut down the amount on intentional chaos one could cause. Not sure how things like explosion-related deaths could be avoided though, or running people over in the car.

I suppose one option could be making it really difficult for the cop character to gain a wanted level, and if you do manage to get one, rather than going to jail or hospital you'd simply be reloaded to your previous save.

How about Rio or Mexico City for the next two games?

The dirty police squad element could really add alot of new dimensions.

Plus there could by a bribe system where your progress is determined somewhat by who you bribe and when you bribe them.

I think the GTA series exhausted the possibilities for America's notorious locales and satirical material.

I'm thinking, relevantly enough, that cops would be bound by a sort of "Rodney King" factor; you get overly aggressive with the police brutality, and passersby start whipping out their phone cameras and putting you on Youtube, and there's a sort of "vox populi" civil unrest level that keeps going up until you go too far and the city erupts in riots. And on the other end, there's always that Hollywood stereotype of the police chief who'll take your badge and gun when you become too much of a loose cannon, because he doesn't want the mayor breathing down his neck.

I'm thinking, relevantly enough, that cops would be bound by a sort of "Rodney King" factor; you get overly aggressive with the police brutality, and passersby start whipping out their phone cameras and putting you on Youtube, and there's a sort of "vox populi" civil unrest level that keeps going up until you go too far and the city erupts in riots. And on the other end, there's always that Hollywood stereotype of the police chief who'll take your badge and gun when you become too much of a loose cannon, because he doesn't want the mayor breathing down his neck.

That's a really interesting idea. Like instead of Wanted Stars, you get a Civil Unrest Meter. I also like the idea of getting suspended, making it so you can't do missions and various police-related activities for X amount of time.

I touched on it briefly in my post, but I think just making it so you couldn't harm innocents would be the way to go. Like how the cross hair turns to an X if you point it at friendly characters (Michael's family, etc). Obviously it wouldn't be a perfect system because gamers are bound to find ways around it, but it would certainly cut down the amount on intentional chaos one could cause. Not sure how things like explosion-related deaths could be avoided though, or running people over in the car.

I suppose one option could be making it really difficult for the cop character to gain a wanted level, and if you do manage to get one, rather than going to jail or hospital you'd simply be reloaded to your previous save.

Yea that could work, but to me that seems like they'd be changing GTA too much. Going too far in another direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"