Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 3

Wasn't there a new He-Man actor announced a few months back?

Yes, Kyle Allen was the name attached to the film for the Nee brothers directing. Supposedly he'd stay on if they move studios, but who knows? Before Kyle Allen, it was Noah Centineo, but eventually, he exited the project too and did Charlie's Angels and Black Adam instead. '

Just getting this deal done and then getting it through pre-production could take years. Plus, all these contracts usually have time limits or expiration dates. Or if Amazon Studios comes on, they might have their own say on who should play He-Man if they're investing in the film.

Alan Ritchson at least has the physique to pull off He-Man and he's actually a genuinely good actor, which is a rare combination.

Alan is a great pick! I wanted to say Zac Efron, because he literally looks like the classic He-Man action figure nowadays, but he doesn't have the height.

Alan Ritchson at least has the physique to pull off He-Man and he's actually a genuinely good actor, which is a rare combination.

He's got the look & physique no doubt about that, acting wise he's alright, I wouldn't go far enough to call him genuinely a good actor.

Only thing I'd like to see him to improve on given how crucial it's likely to be for the character is his action/fight scenes. I don't know what it is about him, but particularly in Reacher there's something a little off about some of those fight scenes & I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Anyone who wants to discuss actors for the characters?

There have been all those typical Ray Park, Viggo Mortensen, Gerard Butler, Tom Selleck etc etc suggestions for 10-15 years now.
Should we go for a more up-to-date list of actors who fit the different roles?

Prince Adam is already cast, but I can mention that Charlie Shotwell would have worked quite well (obviously with someone else for He-Man).

Evil-Lynn, then? Eva Green does still suit the character so incredibly well it's almost crazy. But I highly doubt it will ever happen.

Are there any (perhaps recent) MCU actors who could be brought over to Masters of the Universe?
(other than Chris Hemsworth, LOL, that suggestion have been around for a decade)

If we look at DC films during the last years, I think Chris Pine isn't a far-fetched possibility. Considering he also appeared in the latest D&D.... maybe we actually can count him in here, even expect him?
But... who can he play?

New blood? No prob. Here are some picks I slapped together in 10 minutes pulling from Mike Flanagan's reliable stable of performers:

HE-MAN: not sure, maybe Oliver Jackson-Cohen
ADAM: Igby Rigney or Jacob Tremblay
TEELA: Kyliegh Curran
MAN-AT-ARMS: Robert Longstreet
SKELETOR: Hamish Linklater
EVIL LYN: Kate Siegel
SORCERESS: T'Nia Miller
KING RANDOR: Bruce Greenwood
QUEEN MARLENA: Carla Gugino

New blood? No prob. Here are some picks I slapped together in 10 minutes pulling from Mike Flanagan's reliable stable of performers:

HE-MAN: not sure, maybe Oliver Jackson-Cohen
ADAM: Igby Rigney or Jacob Tremblay
TEELA: Kyliegh Curran
MAN-AT-ARMS: Robert Longstreet
SKELETOR: Hamish Linklater
EVIL LYN: Kate Siegel
SORCERESS: T'Nia Miller
KING RANDOR: Bruce Greenwood
QUEEN MARLENA: Carla Gugino
I mostly know about Greenwood and Tremblay before. They might work.
What's the reason you only went with actors who's been in Flanagan's films? Are you a big fan of his?
He directed Doctor Sleep. and it's intriguing you didn't went with Rebecca Fergusson for Evil-Lyn. A too similar character to Rose The Hat?
Then Ewan McGregor. He's recently played Obi-Wan again, a jedi veteran, but you didn't think of him as Randor, Man-At-Arms, or even Stratos.

Sorry for asking, don't take this the wrong way, but is your list actual personal favorites for a MOTU film?

Last edited:
He's got the look & physique no doubt about that, acting wise he's alright, I wouldn't go far enough to call him genuinely a good actor.

Only thing I'd like to see him to improve on given how crucial it's likely to be for the character is his action/fight scenes. I don't know what it is about him, but particularly in Reacher there's something a little off about some of those fight scenes & I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

You don't need to be De Niro to pull off a character like He-Man. Alan Ritchson could do it.

I mostly know about Greenwood and Tremblay before. They might work.
What's the reason you only went with actors who's been in Flanagan's films? Are you a big fan of his?
He directed Doctor Sleep. and it's intriguing you didn't went with Rebecca Fergusson for Evil-Lyn. A too similar character to Rose The Hat?
Then Ewan McGregor. He's recently played Obi-Wan again, a jedi veteran, but you didn't think of him as Randor, Man-At-Arms, or even Stratos.

Sorry for asking, don't take this the wrong way, but are your list actual personal favorites for a MOTU film?
I am a big fan of his, particularly his Netflix shows. I'm not particularly wedded to any of these choices, I just landed on Flanagan because he's known for reusing a lot of actors, and with five horror ensemble casts and a handful of movies, I knew I'd have some fun picks to choose from.

You don't need to be De Niro to pull off a character like He-Man. Alan Ritchson could do it.

Oh I agree with you on both.

I actually think this is a similar statement across the vast majority of comic book characters. The actors & actresses involved having good on screen chemistry means a lot more than their pure acting ability IMO.

Obviously the better actor you are you might be able to somewhat fake the chemistry better, but you could get a few actors that you'd consider mediocre overall, but you put them together & for one reason or another they play off each other well.

I'm throwing out a bunch of actors, mostly from CBMs

Michael Shannon as Man-At-Arms?
Pom Klementieff: Sorceress?
Antje Traue / Evangeline Lilly: Evil-Lyn?
Connie Nielsen: Queen Marlena?
Mackenzie Foy: Teela?
Jacob Tremblay: Orko (voice)?

Still not sure what character for Chris Pine

Evangeline Lilly would make a great Evil-Lyn. Not sure if they could get her. Would be a good way for her to play the bad guy for once as well.

Evangeline Lilly would make a great Evil-Lyn. Not sure if they could get her. Would be a good way for her to play the bad guy for once as well.
Thanks for liking my suggestion.
She can challenge herself with a character like this.

To everybody: I understand the appeal of Alan Ritchson. He looks so strong.
Sorry to let everybody down here, I looked up his age and I don't see it possibly happen. He turns 41 next week. The actor for He-Man can't be that old.
Or... can he?
I got to think about the 80s version. Dolph Lundgren said he was the only one who could play He-Man, because Stallone (41) and Arnold (40) were too old. Yeah, despite them being in their prime, doing stuff like Conan/Red Sonja and Rambo around those years.
I don't think it had much to do with their age, to be honest.

Hey, perhaps I should turn this topic upside down?
I remember suggesting teen actor Dakota Goyo for Prince Adam somewhere back in
2014-15. He visually suited that role then.
He's aged out of the character now. What about him being He-Man instead?

Last edited:
To everybody: I understand the appeal of Alan Ritchson. He looks so strong.
Sorry to let everybody down here, I looked up his age and I don't see it possibly happen. He turns 41 next week. The actor for He-Man can't be that old.
Or... can he?
I got to think about the 80s version. Dolph Lundgren said he was the only one who could play He-Man, because Stallone (41) and Arnold (40) were too old. Yeah, despite them being in their prime, doing stuff like Conan/Red Sonja and Rambo around those years.
I don't think it had much to do with their age, to be honest.

I'd be fine with Alan Ritchson still.

Can it actually be true? Is Dakota Goyo a suitable candidate for He-Man?

This is what I was talking about

1700779899018.png

Same with Alexander Ludwig (right now 31). Back around Witch Mountain he would've been an ideal Adam, and by the time he was on VIKINGS he started turning into an ideal He-Man.

intro-1689278619.jpg

Same with Alexander Ludwig (right now 31). Back around Witch Mountain he would've been an ideal Adam, and by the time he was on VIKINGS he started turning into an ideal He-Man.

intro-1689278619.jpg
I see what you mean. :like:

Goyo is only 24 so there's still a chance it can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"