It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

I’m sure he won’t be, but who’s “Murphey”?

Is he/she a Marvel employee or just an internet BSer?

The easiest “scoop” in the world is to say it won't happen, because it almost certainly won’t.

i will believe it when i see it is probably best

What actually might be cooler (and certainly more likely) than the rumored appearance:

After credits at the very end.

Jen (in full She Hulk) walks into a bar and approaches a large man in a trench coat sitting at the bar with his back to the camera.

Jen: Buy a lady a drink?

Large Man: Sure…. Let me know if you see one.

With just enough of a glimpse of orange, rocky skin that we know it’s Ben.

Last edited:
What actually might be cooler (and certainly more likely) than the rumored appearance:

Jen (in full She Hulk) walks into a bar and approaches a large man in a trench coat sitting at the bar with his back to the camera.

Large Man: Sure. Let me know if you see one.

That would be great. :funny:

Large Man: Sure…. Let me know if you see one.

Perfection.

37 days to go, people. Let's get our predictions in.

I'm sticking with Segel. And I won't be surprised if he's featured in Episode 4 of She-Hulk which drops a few days before D23.

My prediction is nothing in She-Hulk and Ben will be played by an actor who hasn’t been discussed.
I think Segel meets very specific criteria. Honestly, he wasn't on my radar at all for Ben until recently. But it all clicks when you break it down:

4. 6'4". He's Krasinski's height and looks like a believable bff to Krasinski's Reed.

3. He's 42. Again, same age as Krasinski, further making people buy that these two are brothers from another mother.

2. He's Jewish. In today's PC obsessed society Hollywood is more and more succumbing to the idea that you can't play a certain race or nationality unless you yourself come from that region. I'm not into it personally (the whole point of acting is to pretend to be something you're not) but Segel is a Jew and would be playing Jewish Benjamin Jacob Grimm.

1. Segel is a voice actor. That's all, folks. That's the key trait that never hit me until recently regarding his casting. The Thing will be a 100% CGI creation. The voice is everything. Segel being VERY talented at voice acting can nail the ever loving blue eyed Thing's raspy larger than life lower East side accent.

The segal rumour just seems too likely to not be true. I can live with it. I hope they can bulk him up just a bit or even chub up so he’s hefty plus he has the right cool uncle energy

80% of all the ridiculous WGTC rumors turned out to be true…so why not this one?

I still don’t buy Ben showing up in She Hulk, but this article is that it seems to indicate that sort of scenario fits exactly what they were trying to dok:

Spider-Man Wasn’t Allowed to Appear In Disney+’s She-Hulk (Exclusive)

“There were a lot of characters from the comics– we wanted a lot of the comics for characters for fun situations where we could bring in like a character and think of like funny reasons why they would be in legal trouble.”

I still don’t buy Ben showing up in She Hulk, but this article is that it seems to indicate that sort of scenario fits exactly what they were trying to do
Ben would fit perfectly into the She Hulk story, it just seems unlikely that they would introduce such an important character in such a fashion. At least I consider him an important character, maybe some others don't. Plus, CGI-wise, I would think he's kind of complicated-looking. Since the FF movie isn't due out for two years, don't you think they'd want to spend more time getting his look just right?

Ben would fit perfectly into the She Hulk story, it just seems unlikely that they would introduce such an important character in such a fashion. At least I consider him an important character, maybe some others don't. Plus, CGI-wise, I would think he's kind of complicated-looking. Since the FF movie isn't due out for two years, don't you think they'd want to spend more time getting his look just right?

That’s my feeling.

It would fit perfectly, but it’s too much to be real.

And I think one of the biggest issues is he would upstage She-Hulk.

I still don’t buy Ben showing up in She Hulk, but this article is that it seems to indicate that sort of scenario fits exactly what they were trying to dok:

Spider-Man Wasn’t Allowed to Appear In Disney+’s She-Hulk (Exclusive)

“There were a lot of characters from the comics– we wanted a lot of the comics for characters for fun situations where we could bring in like a character and think of like funny reasons why they would be in legal trouble.”
Sounds like there could be a lot of fun cameos who need legal help for various matters. As @Fluedd say above, Ben might not make sense at this point, as fun as it would be to see him.

Would be the biggest surprise cameo in MCU history since Spider Man No Way Home and MoM

I really feel like Marvel should be making a much more concerted, planned effort to introduce characters prior their own films/shows.

If done right, I think it would benefit both shows.

Why didn’t we see Shang Chi in something prior to his solo film? Why didn’t we get to meet some Eternals characters prior to their film? Moon Knight? Etc. etc. etc.

If Reed Richards had shown up in WandaVision, as was rumored, it would have made WandaVision better, it would gotten people excited for FF and it would have made everything feel more connected.

From the beginning up until Endgame, everything felt connected and components of one large reality. Now things feel much more segmented.

If you consider all the FF, X-men and other characters that will be coming, there are 100’s to work with.

Let’s see Jennifer Walters hanging out with Sue Storm. Let’s see Charles Xavier and Kitty Pryde popping up etc. etc. etc.

It would require some effort and a master-plan that maps out where all these characters are going… but don’t we all imagine (perhaps naively) that Feige and his people are doing that?

Let’s see Jennifer Walters hanging out with Sue Storm. Let’s see Charles Xavier and Kitty Pryde popping up etc. etc. etc.
That would be ideal. It gets complicated when they start thinking about actors' contracts and number of appearances. They probably have to be careful about when and where they use them, or they'll start costing more money.

I would have loved to have seen Reed in WandaVision (which was a rumor going around for awhile). And it wouldn't have been an alternate universe Mr. Fantastic either, we'd know who our 616 Reed is.

Feats of strength that make the audience go Dayum! He could go up against Thor or the Hulk.

Feats of strength that make the audience go Dayum! He could go up against Thor or the Hulk.
I'm not sure why, but in the comics they always seemed to make a point of keeping the Thing as being fairly limited in strength. Obviously he's very strong, but they seemed to always keep him just under the level of the top guys. I think out of all the times Hulk and Thing have fought, Ben only won the most recent one.

I'm not sure why, but in the comics they always seemed to make a point of keeping the Thing as being fairly limited in strength. Obviously he's very strong, but they seemed to always keep him just under the level of the top guys. I think out of all the times Hulk and Thing have fought, Ben only won the most recent one.

It’s actually 4-3 for Hulk. Thing wins the next one then we have a tie

It’s actually 4-3 for Hulk. Thing wins the next one then we have a tie
That doesn't sound right to me. On further reflection, I think Thing won another battle when his power levels were ramped up. But 4-3 doesn't sound right. It's hard to find a definitive article on all the matchups. In any case, there's no dispute that Hulk is stronger.

I hope they retcon Thing to be nearly as strong as Hulk, but remain smarter just like in the comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"