It's Clobbering Time! The Ben Grimm/ Thing moments we want to see in the MCU

I don't buy them introducing a character like this in She-Hulk.

i dont either. But then again they DID reveal Kang the Conqueror in Loki, Madame Hydra in Falcon, there are probably more reveals to come to give people incentives to tune in subscribe to D+ as well as fan service

they explain it this way

Jennifer has a mystery client who only communicates with her via a different lawyer (which makes sense to me if it is Matt Murdock since he is blind and therefore cannot see Thing - Stark Bauer). (lots of jokes about this, "who has a lawyer just to talk to lawyers")

The character is being done in a mocap suit by Jason Segel. Similar set up to how they did Thanos.

The Thing is fighting a defamation case.

He shows up in Episode 8, has fight scenes in 9 and 10. Mainly fights the Wrecking Crew.

There's a moment where She-Hulk, The Thing, and Daredevil share the screen.

Has a moment with Daredevil about being from New York and their respective areas. More jabby version of Cap and Spider-Man in Civil War
The interesting thing about that guy as The Thing is he's the exact same age as Krasinski. So it would be believable that those two are best friends. Round it out with a younger Sue, and an even younger Johnny, and you have a good family dynamic.

Another thing about introducing Ben in She-Hulk is that infers that the FF is already around. It seems almost impossible to believe that throughout all these events in MCU, that the FF was somewhere in the background and we never heard anything about them.

But She-Hulk seems as good a place as any to introduce him, since she has a long history of affiliation with the FF, even being a backup member.

Another thing about introducing Ben in She-Hulk is that infers that the FF is already around. It seems almost impossible to believe that throughout all these events in MCU, that the FF was somewhere in the background and we never heard anything about them.

But She-Hulk seems as good a place as any to introduce him, since she has a long history of affiliation with the FF, even being a backup member.

right. Off topic but It also seems plausible to me that X-Men would be underground to some degree due to Charles’s sheltering of them from those who would want to exploit his young/vulnerable students

right. Off topic but It also seems plausible to me that X-Men would be underground to some degree due to Charles’s sheltering of them from those who would want to exploit his young/vulnerable students
Fair point. They were more of an undercover operation.
By the way, I can't wait for Hulk vs. Wolverine.

The flight could have been 6 months prior.

Enough that they could be established and even well-known, but not so much that they would have been involved in prior events.

Not saying it’s likely - I still think it’s far-fetched, but I don’t think that detail would be a problem.

It’s kind of sad, really, that something like this would be relatively easy and really cool and inject a HUGE amount of interest into the series…

… but I”m skeptical because they’ve had so many opportunities to do really cool things in prior series and just haven’t chosen to.

And I keep going back to Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian. Five minutes of screen-time. Not really a big deal in terms of cost, time effort etc., but it absolutely made the show and will be remembered as one of the greatest moments in small-screen history.

But I don’t believe Marvel would do that because they’ve had so many opportunities to put exciting characters into their shows and never bothered to lift a finger to do so.

But I don’t believe Marvel would do that because they’ve had so many opportunities to put exciting characters into their shows and never bothered to lift a finger to do so.
I just think they're very cautious about introducing certain characters because they are all valuable properties in themselves, and they need to make sure they are done right.

It’s kind of sad, really, that something like this would be relatively easy and really cool and inject a HUGE amount of interest into the series…

… but I”m skeptical because they’ve had so many opportunities to do really cool things in prior series and just haven’t chosen to.

And I keep going back to Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian. Five minutes of screen-time. Not really a big deal in terms of cost, time effort etc., but it absolutely made the show and will be remembered as one of the greatest moments in small-screen history.

I dont really agree that they haven't. We had He Who Remains, aka our first Kang, and Kingpin appear in shows. Hulk is gonna be a featured character on She-Hulk. Sure, Captain America and such haven't been on shows outside the animated one, but that doesn't mean we haven't gotten exciting characters in the shows

I dont really agree that they haven't. We had He Who Remains, aka our first Kang, and Kingpin appear in shows. Hulk is gonna be a featured character on She-Hulk. Sure, Captain America and such haven't been on shows outside the animated one, but that doesn't mean we haven't gotten exciting characters in the shows

Of the ones we’ve seen, Kingpin - perfect.

Kang? Okay. Kind of, I guess? He’s definitely (potentially) a big character, but the way he was used left me cold. If I was a casual fan who didn’t know his importance in the comics, he’d be a forgettable and even confusing character. “Who is this guy? Why is he there? Why should I care? Whatever.”

Hulk? Yeah. Seems promising, but yet to be seen.

Going back to WandaVision (just as a quick example rather than getting into the 20 others that we’ve had since then) we had rumors of Reed Richards, Blue Marvel, Mephisto and Dr. Strange, and didn’t get any of them. Is that Marvel’s fault for not giving them to us or our fault for wanting too much?

I’d say a little of both.

Which is why I’m going to do my part by assuming in this case something that seems to be too good to be true is and the show will be less interesting than the rumor.

Add Blade, Werwolf by Night and Black Knight in Moon Knight to that list…

Add Blade, Werwolf by Night and Black Knight in Moon Knight to that list…

theres always season 2 and i strongly suspect they will have a guest cameo as alluded to by the showrunner

the rumors were for season 1 and there’s no official season 2 around the next 2-3 years

the rumors were for season 1 and there’s no official season 2 around the next 2-3 years

im 99% sure we see Moon Knight season 2. The ratings have been one of the strongest for all the Marvel Disney+ Shows

still have my opinion, that with everything rumored and confirmed, that there won’t be a Moon Knight season 2 within the next 3-4 years.
But this thread is about Ben Grimm

John Krazinski as Reed and
Jason Siegel as Ben
together makes too much sense.

John Krazinski as Reed and
Jason Siegel as Ben
together makes too much sense.

if we are going by that logic then

Kristen Bell as Sue makes too much sense

and

Zac Efron as Johnny makes too much sense

:hmmI could dig it.:word:

FSMfU6pX0AAA-Oh

l3s45ropcfk61.png

actor-zac-efron-270960_large.jpg

tdDAARP.jpg

^ well when you put it that way….

….

YOU SON OF A DITCH IM IN

upload_2022-7-5_20-5-58.jpeg

In all honesty it could be the most naturally funniest MCU film to date and they wont even have to force the “Marvel humour” they can just improv all the comedy

I actually think Joss Whedon might be the best choice to write this. Brad Bird/Favreau as director please.

:hmmI could dig it.:word:
Got to be honest, I looked at all those pics and it all seemed to be smooth sailing until I saw Jason Segel. He just looked out of place. But bearing in mind he would just be a voice actor mainly, I'm not really against it. I'm sure there are better choices, but I'm not against it. Especially if it means we're getting Krasinski.

^ i really hope they let all the front runners do a screentest so that they select the best actor for the role. Heck do audience screen tests and if they dont react positively to Rogen/Segel, then pick the better one

Heck do audience screen tests and if they dont react positively to Rogen/Segel, then pick the better one
If you would have told me that we would be picking between those two for The Thing, I wouldn't have believed you. I tend to think Rogen would make a better Thing, but Segel is the better actor IMO, so I'm not sure. And just to throw in some credibility, Segel is also Jewish (at least partly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"