Birds of Prey Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Dinah Lance... Drake... she's Black Canary, ok?

Abudefduf

Superhero
Reaction score
tumblr_moclxmqHFi1rdovqoo1_250.gif

A thread dedicated to our first big screen live-action Black Canary.

Here's that creepy manip from the other thread, by the way, in case anyone wants to see it.

DoRguSgX0AEhNKp.jpg

Wow, I was not closely following this, so I didn't see that manip, it works magnificently.
But with the actual costume I expect and hope there will be no exposed stockings; I know some consider them iconic but the character in live action would work the same a bit more practically dressed, if not even better.

A couple scene with the stockings could be enough to calm those fans, I hope.

Let the stockings wars begin!

Okay! :cmad: I honestly think they should keep the stockings. It's the leotard/stockings combination that probably needs to go.

This is my favorite look of hers and the one I think should be used as inspiration for the movie version.

628091768562bf2ab149e0a32ea761bd.jpg

If SS and Harley's design are any indication, you're probably getting the overly sexy hot pants with ass hanging out, tattoo sleeves, and/or a canary tattoo under/between her boobs.

I got a feeling they’re distancing themselves from Suicide Squad in as many different ways as possible. Don’t know why. Just my brilliant intuition. :o

If SS and Harley's design are any indication, you're probably getting the overly sexy hot pants with ass hanging out, tattoo sleeves, and/or a canary tattoo under/between her boobs.
You say that as if it would be a bad thing. :o

tumblr_moclxmqHFi1rdovqoo5_250.gif

All joking aside, I agree with David H. I'm pretty sure the one responsible for Suicide Squad's weird character designs was Ayer, and he's not directing this.

^ Oh no I'd enjoy seeing ass hanging out as much as the next guy, but I'd just hate for it to be ruined by the overly edgy designs we've seen to date.

Fingers crossed that they learned something from Wonder Woman.

Robbie’s said she doesn’t want to wear the hotpants.

triple the gratuitous butt shots?

I mean obviously Snyder liked Gal's butt. For the record so did I, it's a nice butt. However getting caught up staring at it definitely detracted from her accomplishments and involvement in the team.

I was referring to Jenkins though. They toned the edge and butt shots down for her movie.

I mean obviously Snyder liked Gal's butt. For the record so did I, it's a nice butt. However getting caught up staring at it definitely detracted from her accomplishments and involvement in the team.

I was referring to Jenkins though. They toned the edge and butt shots down for her movie.
I was also referring to WW the movie. I chuckled each & every time. It was during action scenes, but lol.
Heck, I'd wager that has the most of any of them.

I was also referring to WW the movie. I chuckled each & every time. It was during action scenes, but lol.
Heck, I'd wager that has the most of any of them.

I'm sure I paid attention and TBH I'm sure they're there. Just don't remember being taken out of the movie by it the way you're describing.

You're not going to get totally away from them. But the 10 second pan up of Gal in leather pants in JL is the worst of any of them.

What about the “gag” of Flash falling on top of her?

I'm sure I paid attention and TBH I'm sure they're there. Just don't remember being taken out of the movie by it the way you're describing.

You're not going to get totally away from them. But the 10 second pan up of Gal in leather pants in JL is the worst of any of them.
It's weirder cuz' I'm staring up people's skirts. Not expecting that from this movie if that's the metric you wish to take cues from.

Sadly it's the best metric we have

Lol. Just don't film from that angle while they're kicking butt in revealing outfits, jeez

You know you're making me want to go back and watch that movie for this now. I'm blaming you if it takes me out of it. :p

Canary should be a little better with her outfit though even if they do go the hot pants route.

Canary should be a little better with her outfit though even if they do go the hot pants route.
I have zero frame of reference with Cathy Yan.

Is Jurnee a singer? Will she be doing her own singing? Has anyone heard her singing? I looked on YouTube and the only clip I found was when she was singing in a movie, but she was quite young.

The first thing I thought after this was announced was why not cast her as Renee Montoya?

Now that I see those photo manip images, I gotta say she fits this role.

What about the “gag” of Flash falling on top of her?
That one I wouldn't blame Snyder for. It was done during the reshoots and I think Gal didn't even know about that until she saw the movie.

That one I wouldn't blame Snyder for. It was done during the reshoots and I think Gal didn't even know about that until she saw the movie.
I blame Whdedon for that scene he even filmed a similar scene in Avengers.

I blame Whdedon for that scene he even filmed a similar scene in Avengers.
The version Whedon did in the Avengers looked like something from an American Pie movie.
latest

I wonder what she will look like in fan art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"