The Amazing Spider-Man Less CG, More STUNTS In Amazing Spider-Man

Count me in with the group that is thrilled and overjoyed that it is going to be less CGI and more practical stunts this time around. I love the Raimi films despite their flaws which, in my oppinion included the CGI specifically on Spidey himself. While I see the point of some of you that Spidey has superhuman agility I always felt a disconnect and was taken out of the movie in the Raimi films whenever it would go CGI Spidey. It did not feel like I was watching Spider-man in flesh and blood anymore it was jarring to me. That is why I am so excited about the more practical approach and even the spy set footage we have seen looks very promising. I have liked a lot of what I have seen so far from this film, and I would say it's a great time to be a Spider-Man fan true believers.

Nice to see support for the practical.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!! I'm all for more practical stunts, especially with the swinging, IMO it shows more weight to the character vs CGI. I love the Raimi films, but over the course of them, it seemed like Spidey was getting lighter and lighter, hell he might as well been flying.

The more I find out about this movie the more it seems to be sort of a live action version of the spectacular spider-man animated series, and if that is the case I'm as giddy as a school girl.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!! I'm all for more practical stunts, especially with the swinging, IMO it shows more weight to the character vs CGI. I love the Raimi films, but over the course of them, it seemed like Spidey was getting lighter and lighter, hell he might as well been flying.

Yeah but we need to remember that Spidey is totally different than other superhero or human.

I am all for practical as long as it doesn't limit anything...

Practical + cgi = perfection. For instance...watch the scene in Spider-Man 2 when Spidey is climbing up the wall to save Aunt May outside of the bank and he reaches out for her when Doc Ock grabs him. Watch that and see if you can tell when they go from practical to CGI. It's seamless. That is a perfect example of how to do practical + cgi.

Practical + cgi = perfection. For instance...watch the scene in Spider-Man 2 when Spidey is climbing up the wall to save Aunt May outside of the bank and he reaches out for her when Doc Ock grabs him. Watch that and see if you can tell when they go from practical to CGI. It's seamless. That is a perfect example of how to do practical + cgi.

Oh I didn't notice this before. Good example, chaster.

I second this.

That is what I hated.. He is human first, with spider like abilities second. If you want it to look just like the comic book you might as well make it a cartoon then. A live action movie is different than a picture drawing you see in a book. Sorry to disappoint the die hard fans but you have to give a little for it to translate well on to the big screen. People love the previous films because they were the first films ever of spider-man and there's no other films to compare them to.

That is what I hated.. He is human first, with spider like abilities second. If you want it to look just like the comic book you might as well make it a cartoon then. A live action movie is different than a picture drawing you see in a book. Sorry to disappoint the die hard fans but you have to give a little for it to translate well on to the big screen. People love the previous films because they were the first films ever of spider-man and there's no other films to compare them to.

This! :up:

But....they CAN make.....well maybe you right. Only if they reallly focus on Spidey's ability and everything. Since the budget is really low. I don't think so.
Well I don't know. I just really want to see Spidey that can move realllly fast, strong, do some crazy s***. It is kinda like WOS game. Unlike flying Spidey= epic fail.
But I know that they can do it.

The more I find out about this movie the more it seems to be sort of a live action version of the spectacular spider-man animated series, and if that is the case I'm as giddy as a school girl.
YES! I really hope so.
It would be cool if Webb or Vanderbilt had actually watched the series, it's unlikely but it would be awesome if they did.

It would be cool if Webb or Vanderbilt had actually watched the series
I doubt it. Then again, who did watch it, it wasn't even a successful series?

It's not even sort of a live action version of the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon (or I would shoot somebody in the head) especially if Petey starts dating Liz Allan. What it is is you not being able to let go of the show being dropped like a hot potato. Let's not allow this to be another idiotic rumor like the budget being 80M dollars.

Oh Kaw, I know that you hate SSM. It is like 1 out 100. Basically everyone likes SSM. Btw, this was a successful series with good review and etc. I know this series cancelled but that was a good series to us..not to you.

^^ Because of unfortunate reasons. Not because of the reasons that you'r glad it was cancelled.

Raimi nailed nothing. Sure he did well in a few scenes but the majority of the time, spidey's movements were stiff and completely off.
Now, that being said, this damien walters guy who's a stuntman for this film, just look at his clips, everything he did in those clips wipes his nut-sack with anything Raimi did in trying to convey how spidey should move.

Agree to disagree.

That video was impressive as far as parkour goes, but as has been said, Spider-Man doesn't move that way. And it isn't because that guy isn't good enough, it's because moving the way Spider-Man should move is physically impossible.

People love the previous films because they were the first films ever of spider-man and there's no other films to compare them to.

It goes without saying that this is an objectively stupid thing to say, right?

i dont remember that specific sequence off hand, but i do remember feeling that the bank fight felt like almost like a cartoon. that may have been intentional though. and given what they were doing while falling off the side of the building, isnt entirely unexpected.

but there are bad practical effects too guys....like when he's on the ground and practically begins his swing away = bad practical effects.

Agree to disagree.

That video was impressive as far as parkour goes, but as has been said, Spider-Man doesn't move that way. And it isn't because that guy isn't good enough, it's because moving the way Spider-Man should move is physically impossible.

Yes, thats point.
Whats about Spidey video games? and SM new animated series? and some awesome SM2 ( 18 wheel-er truck) and SM3 ( saving Gwen) scenes.

This is 2012. GCI will be sooo much better than 2007 or 2004

They can do it.

Also if this movie show the way Spider-Man should move is physically impossible. Everyone will love Spider man.

Rather than that "realism Spidey". I still dont know why I have a funny about that.

Also if this movie show the way Spider-Man should move is physically impossible. Everyone will love Spider man.

Rather than that "realism Spidey". I still dont know why I have a funny about that.

And I still don't know why I find it funny that people still associate practical stunts and effects with "realism"

And I still don't know why I find it funny that people still associate practical stunts and effects with "realism"
Possibly because practical effects use real people (in this case), and there fore the moves will be more grounded than what one would see if an effect were digital, not too mention the stuntman in the article mentioned going towards "realism".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"