Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promos get bloodier and bloodier. ) I like it.

For those who have watched...do these short promos reveal much, if at all? Aside from the first and second trailer, I've avoided everything else, whether TV spot or otherwise.

Yeah I'm also avoiding the promos. I made the mistake not to with Days of Future Past. Never again. :woot:

I feel that X-23 promo won't be in the film. It looks more like an advertising. Found footage or something.

Yeah I'm also avoiding the promos. I made the mistake not to with Days of Future Past. Never again. :woot:

I am the same, I want to be as spoiler free as possible on this one so not watched anything since the final trailer.

High Res version.

jbK7laG.jpg

It's done in such a classic style, really one of the best I've seen in a long time.
Love that the artists artificially added folds, to make the poster look vintage.
At least I assume they are added by the artist, as who would scan from a folded poster, and not the original work.
Plus posters aren't even folded anymore, but rolled up?!:yay:

[YT]tyYlq_imnL0[/YT]

Oh man that was painful and sad.
Thought the lines from the first trailer more referred to Logan.
But they parallel what Laura is going through too.

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real...
1jpbx5.gif

:waa:

Last edited:
I enjoyed it, I think it's a really cool little video, but it will be indeed odd if it ends up being in the film. I struggle to image a scenario, where it becomes useful in the narrative. The way it's edited and all...

But damn, Dafne Keen has quite a screen presence. What's with these awesome young girls (Eleven, X-23) stealing scenes recently?

I am the same, I want to be as spoiler free as possible on this one so not watched anything since the final trailer.
Yeah seeing all the footage already can kinda take the fun out of it. I want to be surprised in theaters dammit. :woot:

When does embargo lift?
This Friday at 1:30 PM PST. That's probably right after it premiers in Berlin (though I haven't done the math)

This clip and the Sunseeker seem like regular old promotional clips made for the film and not part it. So I think it's fine, they basically only cover what we already know from summaries of the film and or prior knowledge of the comics. Avoiding TV spots will be important though. One was really spoiler-y.

Last edited:
They should find a way to include:
] Her cutting herself
In the actual film. It says a lot about her mental state, and it's also true to the comics as well.

This Friday at 1:30 PM PST. That's probably right after it premiers in Berlin (though I haven't done the math)
Thanks. :up:
This clip and the Sunseeker seem like regular old promotional clips made for the film and not part it. So I think it's fine, they basically only cover what we already know from summaries of the film and or prior knowledge of the comics. Avoiding TV spots will be important though. One was really spoiler-y.
Yep. So people shouldn't really worry about spoiled with these.
I think it's sad. This mentality.

I feel like having reservations about these big creative risks are normal though. Emma Watts didn't really get Deadpool in the beginning either. But she trusted Ryan and co. to deliver and they did, and Watts/Snider seems to have done the same with Hugh and Jim as well. They came around and that's really all that matters in the end. Logan's success will hopefully keep Fox open for more R-rated adaptations.

Im glad to see more mutant kiddies in these promos...makes me hopeful for some New/Young X-Men cameos

Checked a few local theaters to see how pre sale tickets were doing for this movie, and was shocked to see one of the local AMC theaters was completely sold out for every showtime on Friday March 3. :wow:

I should add, that AMC theater is HUGE, so they'll probably add more showtimes as we get closer.

Are the premiers happening at 10:23?? I've seen some theaters on twitter that are doing that - a very cute wink to fans. I hope my local theater does something similar.

That Laura.mov video looks so cheap! That better not be in the movie!

And yay to that new mutant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"