Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ArmsHeldOut
It was only until recently that I learned Bing Russell was his dad.

Didn't know that either. That's some real Hollywood royalty in the Russell/Hawn family.

MV5BMTg2NTg0MDI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIyOTgxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

They do look alike.

Most of the mechanics should make me enjoy this game a lot more than I do, but it is still my least favorite open world Spider-Man game with good swinging.

Which path should I choose first? Taking orders from Black Cat? Or leaving her to take the exact same orders from Moon Knight instead for no logical reason?

Now that I name dropped Moon Knight, I feel it is necessary to remind myself and tell everyone here that the character is a dude with aliases and disguises, he's not a person suffering split personality disorder like Brian Michael Bendis chose to do with him for some odd reason. I enjoy the stupid run Bendis wrote, but it still irks me that he chose to make his own weird stamp on the character and imported some of what he did to him in the Ultimate Universe (also known as 1610 universe).

At Target today I walked by a kid who was super jazzed about getting an Aquaman shark toy. It was sweet.
Someone better be getting me one for Xmas!

Minor issues with Titans notwithstanding, the latest episode was excellent. I especially appreciated how the showrunner built suspense
around the Robin reveal. Thwaites fans are gonna love this one!

I’ll watch it. Will be interesting comparing it to the other film.

GODDAMMIT

found out they pushed A Star is Born a week later so now it opens almost 2 months after USA

I hate living here, Jason please let me move in your guest house

The night comes for us is off the wall crazy. The gore, uber violence, sweet choreographed action. They did Bobby wrong he didn't go out as a hero. Some scenes had me wincing in pain. 11/10

The night comes for us is off the wall crazy. The gore, uber violence, sweet choreographed action. They did Bobby wrong he didn't go out as a hero. Some scenes had me wincing in pain. 11/10
His death was a tear-jerker.

I will start Titans soon. Heard good things about it.

Same. Currently watching DD Season 3. I have no idea why people are saying it's tediously slow. I was riveted from the first episode. I think it's mostly because Charlie Cox does such a fantastic job of being compelling both as Matt Murdock and as Daredevil. I love watching both sides of his life.

just watched Crazy Rich Asians, such an enjoyable movie! all the actresses there were fierce as hell

l just watched the first season or True Detective and I loved it. It was brilliant, espacially Rust character.
Imo, Sharp Objects is still superior, it had a more compelling villain, and more female characters. Anyway, HBO keeps making excellent shows.

Last edited:
I honestly didnt see the big deal about True Detective. Harrelson and Mccaughnehey put on really good performances but eh, everything else didnt seem that mind blowing to me. It was a decently written crime story. Maybe I missed something.

Outlaw King

pBg8QMJ.jpg

This movie got press cause it showed Chris Pine doing full frontal, but I swear that I didn't see it or I missed it. lawd. Probably one of them blink and you missed moments cause I didn't see anything. Florence Pugh is very good here with her limited role, she has one of them round faces that kinda makes her look a bit chubby, but then she takes off her clothes and goddamn, snickers level thicc. Aaron Taylor Johnson always seems to be in a different movie tone and acting wise, I'm sure as hell no expert when it comes to the Scottish accent, but he didn't sound right to me. One can still tell that he was having a lot of fun with this role tho. The director cut about 30 minutes of footage and you can tell, it ain't bad by any means, but you feel there are moments left untold, less meat on the bone etc. I think the director watched the GoT Battle of the Bastahs over and over and decided to shoot the main action sequence in a similar style, but just make it longer, I ain't joking. I admire NETFLIX for funding this, it sure as hell wasn't going to make any real money at the box office. Disney doing their own thing, I pray to Zod that Netflix can keep it together, I like comicbook stories as much anyone here, but goddamn, only comicbook and Star Wars stuff, IF Netflix ever goes under is a bleak view in my mind for the film world. I admire this kind of movie even got made, and it I could have watched the director cut of it, it just feels like they don't make movies like this anymore. A solid 8.

The first season of True Detective was some of the best television I've seen. Never bothered with the second season and don't plan to do so with the third. No TD without Rust and Marty for me.

Superman is always on point.
DrmHOygX4AAMmKw.jpg

l just watched the first season or True Detective and I loved it. It was brilliant, espacially Rust character.
Imo, Sharp Objects is still superior, it had a more compelling vilain, and more female characters. Anyway, HBO keeps making excellent shows.

Yeah Season 1 is spectacular. I'm hoping Season 3 is a return to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"