Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unwatch the previous, watch the sequel.
#HailHydra

I'm watching Solo: A Star Wars Story & the one thing that jumps out at me is that the movie is not good to look at. It's dark to the point of being almost incomprehensible. I know that the PT made plenty of wrong decisions with regards to using CGI as opposed to using practical effects but it at least looked clean & you could see what was going on but Solo looks almost unwatchable atm. The OT had a grimy & dirty look to it and RO successfully replicated that feel but Solo isn't doing it for me.

0k, I'm probably exaggerating on the level of the issue but Solo really does not look good. This could rival Arrival in terms of looking drab & dreary.

The prequels did not look clean. Like at all. They look like the cut scene from a video game. Seriously, it's like PS3 graphics with real people inserted. It's terrible.

They look like the cut scene from a video game. Seriously, it's like PS3 graphics with real people inserted. It's terrible.

They do look bad. But I did not mean clean w.r.t PT in the sense that it looks polished or photo-realistic but rather in the sense that it looked decipherable. I didn't have a hard time following the action in the PT. While I just can't say the same for Solo. It's way too dark in the first half hour or so. It gets considerably better afterwards (when the Train chase sequence begins) and I think it looks really very good right nao (I'm at the part where the Millenium Falcon is on the hyperspace journey and navigating through the Akkadese Maelstorm).

The prequels did not look clean. Like at all. They look like the cut scene from a video game. Seriously, it's like PS3 graphics with real people inserted. It's terrible.
Some of the least convincing environments and backdrops for characters that I can think of.

tumblr_pb02c8wtVg1us57u5o9_r1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Awesome, will never look outdated. :oldrazz:

Anakin and Obi Won should have been on fire long ago given how close to molten lava they get :o

Apparently boots in a galaxy far, far away are melt proof.

Anakin and Obi Won should have been on fire long ago given how close to molten lava they get :o

Apparently boots in a galaxy far, far away are melt proof.
Obi used the force to not burn. :oldrazz:

giphy.gif

Awesome, will never look outdated. :oldrazz:

You know, say what you will about the prequels, but that whole climactic sequence in Revenge of the Sith gets me emotionally every time and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

I'm watching Solo: A Star Wars Story & the one thing that jumps out at me is that the movie is not good to look at. It's dark to the point of being almost incomprehensible. I know that the PT made plenty of wrong decisions with regards to using CGI as opposed to using practical effects but it at least looked clean & you could see what was going on but Solo looks almost unwatchable atm. The OT had a grimy & dirty look to it and RO successfully replicated that feel but Solo isn't doing it for me.

0k, I'm probably exaggerating on the level of the issue but Solo really does not look good. This could rival Arrival in terms of looking drab & dreary.

The movie is dark and drab in many places.

The movie just suffers from too much interference. A lot like Justice League. When a movie is made like that, it shows.

My god they’re talking about making supergirl a period piece set in the 70s. Just freaking reboot. Superman would literally make no sense in that world.

Solo was fantastic. I liked it a lot. I ended up with a smile on my face and that's all I was asking for.

I though Alden was the big question mark before watching the movie and the marketing materials didn't really do Alden any favors to alleviate any concerns but he won over the skeptic in me. He was very good as the young Han Solo. He looked assured. He felt natural and I could see a smooth transition from Alden to Ford.

My god they’re talking about making supergirl a period piece set in the 70s. Just freaking reboot. Superman would literally make no sense in that world.

He wouldn't be there! He would either not have arrived yet or is a young 'un down on the Kent Farm.

Unless it's got its own continuity where Kal-El arrived in the 40's or 50's.

So an Elseworlds type of thing? Or out of the DCEU continuity? This is gonna be confusing. If Cavill really is still in consideration for another possible Superman movie they might stick with this current continuity and so remove Supergirl from the uncertainty of the modern day DCEU. WB want their cake and eat it too.

Crisis on Infinite Earths the movie will come to merge them all, and Supergirl will feel very out of time and place.

they don't know how to clean up this mess i guess.

Well, they did say 2018 would be "like a soft reboot". And it feels like it, espacially if (when?) Ben leaves.

As for Supergirl, I rather have her in the modern world but it worked for WW. But it's just a rumor. I rather panick when we'll have something official.

Do a power girl movie, boob window and everything, trigger everyone, collapse in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"