Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'm fine with it. :oldrazz:

Elizabeth%20Tulloch%203_5b9bf83803a170.14193167.jpeg

LG is a Man City fan so he can f**k right off but this is too much fun
x4e3IbOM_o.png

They chose that pic of her because that's the first promo pic of Bitsie as Lois.

Returning to my Godzilla commentary to say one thing; "That's a lot of fish" is not a bad line, I wonder why some film critics made such a big fuss about this particular line.

Supergirl has found its Lois Lane in Elizabeth Tulloch:

Elizabeth Tulloch Cast As Lois Lane

Lois is described as:

"Daughter of US General Sam Lane, Lois is a tenacious, righteous and stubborn reporter who will go to any length to get the story and almost never fails."

In addition to the great news, Elizabeth herself took to social media to share her overwhelming excitement for the part! Here's what she had to say about becoming Lois Lane:

"Excuse me while I fangirl for a moment: I am so excited (thank you Warner Brothers, the CW, DC Comics, @gberlanti, @davidrapaport, Jessica Queller et al) to be playing the iconic Lois Lane on the Arrowverse crossover episodes. And I can’t wait to work with my friend @dpanabaker and of course @tylerhoechlin

When I started acting, one of my teachers asked me to watch the screen tests for the role of Lois Lane for 1978’s Superman. All of the actresses were terrific, but it was always clear to me why Margot Kidder won the role: she seemed lit from within, full of joie de vivre. Now, at a time when the noble profession of journalism feels under siege, it’s a privilege to join the club of actresses who have played the dogged reporter.

As far back as 1938 when she first appeared in Action Comics #1, Lois Lane has defied and subverted society’s expectations of how women should behave. She was portrayed as opinionated, inquisitive, and an unapologetically badass career woman at a time when many representations of women leaned more towards meek and demure.

One of the reasons the character has remained so compelling for the last 80 years is that she has all these formidable, strong-willed qualities, but she’s also vulnerable, romantic, and feminine. A truly modern woman."

QnA for Mandy I watched last night, and he was wearing that gold jacket. lol

ppl went crazy over Pine's full frontal in that new movie, but we get a full frontal in Mandy and nothing but crickets. lol

As much as I'd like to watch another Superman show, I wouldn't want Superman having his own council sidekicks telling him what to do or how to fight.

They should just give Hoechlin his own Superman show

Not like they’re doing anything major with the character anytime soon

Add to that Hoechlin's performance was very highly praised whereas other recent incarnations have faired way more mixed responses.

Supergirl has found its Lois Lane in Elizabeth Tulloch:

Elizabeth Tulloch Cast As Lois Lane

Lois is described as:

"Daughter of US General Sam Lane, Lois is a tenacious, righteous and stubborn reporter who will go to any length to get the story and almost never fails."

In addition to the great news, Elizabeth herself took to social media to share her overwhelming excitement for the part! Here's what she had to say about becoming Lois Lane:

"Excuse me while I fangirl for a moment: I am so excited (thank you Warner Brothers, the CW, DC Comics, @gberlanti, @davidrapaport, Jessica Queller et al) to be playing the iconic Lois Lane on the Arrowverse crossover episodes. And I can’t wait to work with my friend @dpanabaker and of course @tylerhoechlin

When I started acting, one of my teachers asked me to watch the screen tests for the role of Lois Lane for 1978’s Superman. All of the actresses were terrific, but it was always clear to me why Margot Kidder won the role: she seemed lit from within, full of joie de vivre. Now, at a time when the noble profession of journalism feels under siege, it’s a privilege to join the club of actresses who have played the dogged reporter.

As far back as 1938 when she first appeared in Action Comics #1, Lois Lane has defied and subverted society’s expectations of how women should behave. She was portrayed as opinionated, inquisitive, and an unapologetically badass career woman at a time when many representations of women leaned more towards meek and demure.

One of the reasons the character has remained so compelling for the last 80 years is that she has all these formidable, strong-willed qualities, but she’s also vulnerable, romantic, and feminine. A truly modern woman."

^ This for any person who thinks Lois isn't an important character.

As much as I'd like to watch another Superman show, I wouldn't want Superman having his own council sidekicks telling him what to do or how to fight.

I'd also be concerned with whether they would agenda-fy the show like they have with Supergirl. I love Kara and Alex on the show, but it's gotten hard to watch because the writers can't help but insert themselves.

Also, credit for spelling 'council' correctly.

P.S. is there a thumb's up emoji?

Green Arrow's wife playing Mr. Freeze's wife? That's... interesting.

Not familiar with her, but she looks cool.

I don't watch Supergirl (probably never will), but I'm familiar with the actress. She definitely has a Lois-y look about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"