Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
DtlCsb7X4AEjHqX.jpg

so the latest rumor is that an A4 trailer was never supposed to come this week

considering the movie that just got a trailer yesterday already had one drop in September and crazy fans clamoring for Avengers Untitled, I give Marvel some major troll points for that one. I don't have to like it, but I respect their game.

Guys, the A4 trailer's not comin til late this month. Marvel's gonna drop it right before the New Years. They know people are salivating for it and gonna make em wait. lol

Also, i bet you it'll drop randomly without notice.

Batman's Court of Owl game but no Superman's game. WHY WB...WHY???

Guys, the A4 trailer's not comin til late this month. Marvel's gonna drop it right before the New Years. They know people are salivating for it and gonna make em wait. lol

Also, i bet you it'll drop randomly without notice.
That's not a bet... it's an expectation at this point.

Look. No one knows--is the gist of it and Marvel is playing this one close to the vest. So unless the scoop ya'll have is solid we are all stuck waiting.

*mic drop

Batman's Court of Owl game but no Superman's game. WHY WB...WHY???
Because they hate boyscouts.

And I personally don't see Marvel waiting until the end of the month to release the A4 trailer, but that's just me.

That's what gets me. Outside of the Captain America movies, this is the Marvel trailer that most evokes a focus on a personal journey to me, and I find that exciting. It's not a "arrogant tool learns humility" trailer or a "look at these fun, wacky adventures" or a "look at this cool new world" trailer. This is a character whose mind and soul has been violated and manipulated at every turn and her goal is nothing less than finding her true self again. There's a lot of meaty dramatic potential there and I think they've got the perfect directors to mine it.

I thought the trailer was fine, and I'll probably end up seeing the movie, but it didn't really wow me. You make a good point about the personal journey aspect, and I do like that it's not the more typical transformation story. However, that's not the appeal of superhero movies to me. I'm interested in the heroism part where someone makes brave choices to help strangers. I don't doubt that Captain Marvel will do just that, and the trailer hints at it, but to me a personal journey is a given in any narrative; it's character development. The specific journey dealing with brainwashing is also something familiar from Winter Soldier's storyline. It also feels limited as a personal story when the trailer doesn't hint at Carol as a person. Little is featured in the way of family, friends, love interests, or any relationships, all of which are elements that hook me like they did with Arthur as a baby, his parents, etc.

What really dulled the trailer for me, and is kind of minimizing my excitement for this, is how many of these elements I've seen before from Marvel. Aliens are something the franchise has been featuring for awhile, and the production design doesn't really tease anything super unique about these aliens. SHIELD and Nick Fury have been a staple since the beginning, and people connected to the armed forces (Captain America is a soldier, Iron Man used to sell weapons) are also commonplace. The new element I do like is the cat, because I'm a softie for them and have had cats since I was a child.

That said, I did learn recently that there are elements of Carol that have been nicked from DC characters like Superman and Supergirl, and that annoys me and bores me at the same time. I'm sure it's not significant things, and I know it's probably petty of me to feel that way, but I can't help it. The bottom line for me is that this movie and this character don't feel very special to me; it feels like a composite and a derivative of others. Even Brie Larson, who is a talented actress who I was impressed with in Room, seems unremarkable so far in the role (trailers aren't really ideal for showing off the spectrum of a performance).

I'm determined to keep an open mind, though. So, despite the above issues, I'm still curious about the movie and will watch it. I'll probably like it fine, too, but I'm not sure I'll love it. I hope I do.

Last edited:
Half-Nelson, Mississippi Grind, Sugar, and It’s Kind of a Funny Story + episodes of The Big C, Billions and The Affair. Intimate personal drama is kind of their specialty.
Ah, good to know.

Got my Aquaman tickets fam!! Next thursday it is!!! :hmr:

It also almost escaped me that Mowgli is coming out on Netflix in 2 days....weird, I thought it was gonna be released in cinemas, but I ain't complaining, I probably wouldn't have gone to the movies for it, but now you can be sure I'll watch it this weekend!

I thought the trailer was fine, and I'll probably end up seeing the movie, but it didn't really wow me. You make a good point about the personal journey aspect, and I do like that it's not the more typical transformation story. However, that's not the appeal of superhero movies to me. I'm interested in the heroism part where someone makes brave choices to help strangers. I don't doubt that Captain Marvel will do just that, and the trailer hints at it, but to me a personal journey is a given in any narrative; it's character development. The specific journey dealing with brainwashing is also something familiar from Winter Soldier's storyline. It also feels limited as a personal story when the trailer doesn't hint at Carol as a person. Little is featured in the way of family, friends, love interests, or any relationships, all of which are elements that hook me like they did with Arthur as a baby, his parents, etc.

What really dulled the trailer for me, and is kind of minimizing my excitement for this, is how many of these elements I've seen before from Marvel. Aliens are something the franchise has been featuring for awhile, and the production design doesn't really tease anything super unique about these aliens. SHIELD and Nick Fury have been a staple since the beginning, and people connected to the armed forces (Captain America is a soldier, Iron Man used to sell weapons) are also commonplace. The new element I do like is the cat, because I'm a softie for them and have had cats since I was a child.

That said, I did learn recently that there are elements of Carol that have been nicked from DC characters like Superman and Supergirl, and that annoys me and bores me at the same time. I'm sure it's not significant things, and I know it's probably petty of me to feel that way, but I can't help it. The bottom line for me is that this movie and this character don't feel very special to me; it feels like a composite and a derivative of others. Even Brie Larson, who is a talented actress who I was impressed with in Room, seems unremarkable so far in the role (trailers aren't really ideal for showing off the spectrum of a performance).

I'm determined to keep an open mind, though. So, despite the above issues, I'm still curious about the movie and will watch it. I'll probably like it fine, too, but I'm not sure I'll love it. I hope I do.
Hope you do too. :)

Got my Aquaman tickets fam!! Next thursday it is!!! :hmr:

It also almost escaped me that Mowgli is coming out on Netflix in 2 days....weird, I thought it was gonna be released in cinemas, but I ain't complaining, I probably wouldn't have gone to the movies for it, but now you can be sure I'll watch it this weekend!
Awesome dude! :up:

I knew Mowgli was going straight to Netflix but I didn't realize it was only 2 days away. I'll see it this weekend too then.

Half-Nelson, Mississippi Grind, Sugar, and It’s Kind of a Funny Story + episodes of The Big C, Billions and The Affair. Intimate personal drama is kind of their specialty.
Thanks.

Is this a bad thing now? :huh::csad:
There's no "bad" or "good" on this. Nature is nature.

That said, despite not having one now, I'm a dog person. So I'll pet the cat, I'll caress their belly, indulge in their aloof "push & pull"sense of affection and enjoy their fluffiness...but I will not trust them!!!:argh:

There's no "bad" or "good" on this. Nature is nature.

That said, despite not having one now, I'm a dog person. So I'll pet the cat, I'll caress their belly, indulge in their aloof "push & pull"sense of affection and enjoy their fluffiness...but I will not trust them!!!:argh:
I love both. My 2 cats are more like dogs though, nothing aloof about them in the slightest, and they never leave me alone lol. But of course I don't trust them. I sleep with one eye open for each cat and have extensive defences prepared (which are regularly tested and breached about once a week).

I love both. My 2 cats are more like dogs though, nothing aloof about them in the slightest, and they never leave me alone lol. But of course I don't trust them. I sleep with one eye open for each cat and have extensive defences prepared (which are regularly tested and breached about once a week).
I could never respect a cat that didn't try to kill me.

I could never respect a cat that didn't try to kill me.
I tried to throw them out on their second day here when I woke up in the morning after a sound sleep and no signs of blood, contusions or night time murder attempts. As I marched to their room to grab these sorry excuses for a cat, I was attacked with nunchuks and poison darts by cat no.1 but managed to catch throwing stars aimed at my neck just before impact, but that was my only warning for the garotte wire from behind by cat no.2. I died from that combined assault but they traded me one of their 18 lives for 90kg of catnip and a demand for a 3 bird-4 hamster-2 squirrel-a-day diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"