Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also feel it has the benefit of the long form storytelling - as comic book series do.
everyone gets more time - characters get fleshed out and the story has room to breathe.

charlie cox is probably my fave actor to have donned a superhero mask right now.
Can you imagine a TV series made out of Nolan's Gotham with the same production standards, and Ledger's Joker getting 10 episodes but plenty more for the likes of Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Two Face, Ra's, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Bane etc.

Is it better?
Comparing the two because they're team shows & they spend a couple of ep with diff characters from different places before they eventually come together by ep 3 or 4.
It's way better than Defenders, imho.

Nah, I still consider Nolan's first two Batmovies to be superior to all of DD seasons so far. I'm most definitely in the minority on season 3 being all that great, I prefer the first two. Hell, the last season of Legion was just a tad better for me too.

Even Rises isn't nearly as bad as some would have you believe. People just have a hard time reconciling the notion of Batman retiring because it isn't something his comic book counterpart would ever do, at least not w/o good reason. Nolan also took obvious liberties with Robin and Catwoman, which, again felt like too much of a departure from the source material in the eyes of many fans. I was initially put off by the Blake character myself, but I've since come to accept that Nolan had every right to reimagine Robin as he saw fit so long as it made sense plot-wise or within the overall story he was trying to tell.

Even the manner in which Blake was so easily able to deduce Batman's secret identity isn't a deal-breaker for me, as I understood what Nolan was going for there. It's kind of like when you encounter someone who exhibits a certain form of behavior that you immediately recognize because you've seen it before in yourself. That's what happened with Blake. He saw past the facade of "playboy Bruce" because it was eerily reminiscent to some of his own previous acts or performances. And once you peel back the layer of playboy Bruce, it isn't all that hard to make the connection between a billionaire bachelor with a tragic past (who just so happened to return from a self-imposed exile at roughly the same time of Batman's first sighted appearance) and a resourceful vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp.

Whatever the case, if you can come to terms with comic book deviations and the like, and just sort of accept the film for what it is--specifically within the confines of Nolan's Batverse--it makes for a much more palatable experience in my opinion. I've said this before, but the dialogue alone is some of the best I've ever heard in a comic book movie.

Last edited:
That's probably the best photo of Hoechlin as Superman. He has a presence here and Lois is a good fit. I like the vibe the official pic gives off. Feels like..Superman. it sells it to me. I also like the Fortress dynamic as well. Very familiar.

DD season 2 was bogged down by The Hand, imo. I didn't give a s*** about that guff.
Same. S3 was a much-needed return to form. That said, nothing will ever come close to S1 for me.

This trailer alone used to give me chills back in the day.

I just want one peaceful Oscar season where my fav doesn't do or say something awful

How the hell did this intelligent, knowledgeabe and kind man utter these comments. The use of N word aside - which is horrible and he shouldn't have use that - his entire point is so silly. I think he was talking now comparing to when the movie is set - in the 60s - but good Lord this such a bad way to word this

Bradley Cooper must have enchanted his tongue. It's the only explanation

Sucks that a bad comment like that can utterly ruin someone's career and reputation in today's zero tolerance climate. Nothing good can ever come from a non-black person, especially in the public eye, saying that word in real life, particularly during a time when people could not care less about context. In 2018 it's completely irrelevant what point he was trying to illustrate while using it, people just see a rich white guy using a racial slur. That's kind of sad. I think most people should relearn to recognize that mistakes are sometimes just mistakes. People will screw up like everyone else does. Props to Ali for being very classy when he accepted his apology.

Last edited:
That's probably the best photo of Hoechlin as Superman. He has a presence here and Lois is a good fit. I like the vibe the official pic gives off. Feels like..Superman. it sells it to me. I also like the Fortress dynamic as well. Very familiar.

It is just me or does Tulloch (the new Lois) bear a certain resemblance to Christopher Reeve in that image? She could be his sister.

chrisreeve2.jpg

44320696_2184897831768568_6901066083883858108_n.jpg

The latest episode of Titans is really satisfying so far. The team is finally coming together.

This is an interesting image - it's very similar, in my opinion to the marketing images and screen shots we had from superman 2 - it envokes the donner-verse to me, regardless of the suit, which is growing on me (the natural, more common cape tucked into the collar could go a long way). But, the background, i'm assuming is the fortress, looks very Donnerverse, as does Lois's attire.

I think it was intentional as a lot of people were making comparison's to Clark being more 'old school/boy scout' and traditional with a modern twist - a lot of the GAs till hold the donnerverse as the pinnacle. I like it, i can't complain - Lois also looks mature, experienced and confident.

In all honesty I would forget the Reeves movie altogether if Affleck was willing to do a 10-12 episode Batman series. And then you bring them altogether for Justice League movies only. I mean doing thing that way you can see Batman's No Man's Land, Knightfall could be 3 seasons in itself and you could also do a Teen Titans series with Conner, Cassie, Bart and Tim. Hell if you wanted you could reboot the whole DCCU through TV series on their network and only do Justice League movies.

I said earlier in the month, imagine if Snyder was given a series on netflix to show his story arc proper, would be cool - but i agree... imagine if Netflix had the 7 preliminary characters for tv shows which accumulated to a movie of them all combining - epic.

I think that Gotham Central idea was the closest they came, right?

If Watchmen is a hit, then perhaps something might come up. But then again, we've got Reeves' Batman coming at some point.

Absolutely. And the beauty of Batman is you dont need a big budget. The majority of the production budget likely would go towards the set design of the cave, the batmobile and the suit. They can start small, season one focusing on him taking down mob bosses like Falcone, maybe the Red Hood or Black Mask. Then if the show's successful and they have more money to play with they can bring in Batman's more eccentric rogues like Mr Freeze and Ivy.

GCPD or gotham knights i think a working title was given would have made a great show, i was chatting with someone on here a while back, but it would be like CSI, with Jim Gordon and the villains are Batman's rogue galleries with Cameo's of Batman and family - that would be fun - i know it sounds similar to Gotham, but where this is different, is that the focus is on the team and their interogation of villians etc than actually delving into the lives of them.

I honestly, when i heard Disney+ had got Tom Hiddleston for a series i was like "Come on DC, sort it out."

TV is changing, how we watch it, regard it and the money available to it - interesting times.

I have no idea what their plans are internationally, but Disney is pretty much done with Netflix on the domestic front. They confirmed not long ago that Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the last Marvel movie added to Netflix and that everything starting with Captain Marvel will end up on the new Disney service instead.
If Netflix lose all disney related stuff, due to it shifting it's content to its own platform, WB/DC could step in for sure. It might hurt the DC streaming site, or work with it... I would say, DC streaming site for new, ambitious material, cartoons, re runs etc and Netflix for it's main set of heroes. I mean, realistically, these series don't have to break the bank every episode and allow characters to breath.

Sucks that a bad comment like that can utterly ruin someone's career and reputation in today's zero tolerance climate. Nothing good can ever come from a non-black person, especially in the public eye, saying that word in real life, particularly during a time when people could not care less about context. In 2018 it's completely irrelevant what point he was trying to illustrate while using it, people just see a rich white guy using a racial slur. That's kind of sad. I think most people should relearn to recognize that mistakes are sometimes just mistakes. People will screw up like everyone else does. Props to Ali for being very classy when he accepted his apology.
I just remember about a news from this year.
Netflix Fires Chief Communications Officer Over Use of Racial Slur
A guy fired from Netflix because of his “descriptive use of the N-word” happened several months ago at a public relations meeting about sensitive words (in comedy).

Although it could be that other higher ups want him out and used the opportunity to sack him.

- - - - -

Zachary Levi is getting ready for reshoot.

Last edited:
GCPD or gotham knights i think a working title was given would have made a great show, i was chatting with someone on here a while back, but it would be like CSI, with Jim Gordon and the villains are Batman's rogue galleries with Cameo's of Batman and family - that would be fun - i know it sounds similar to Gotham, but where this is different, is that the focus is on the team and their interogation of villians etc than actually delving into the lives of them.

i have always wanted a live-action adaptation of Gotham Central.

Overlord

0fvXpdv.jpg

I think I had a grin on my face most of the time. Yes, the characters are cliche versions that we have already seen many times before, but once it gets going, it is just goddamn fun. I mean, if they want to remake Escape from New York, we have Wyatt Russell right there. The dude finally gets a good role to chew the scenery like his old man. A young Snake right there. Also, some of the war action scenes are just straight up awe looking from the setup and everything. Top notch stunt crew right there. It kinda takes a bit to get going at the beginning, but smooth as hell from there, it ain't perfect by any means, but like I said, so much fun watching this. And for that alone, it gets 9/10 from me. Instant buy when it becomes available.

Also, I know the director signed up to do Flash Gordon, but this man needs to jump on a cbm quick. He would be ideal for many characters. I bet the mouse took notice and will offer him some Star Wars thing, it would not surprise me.

Overlord

0fvXpdv.jpg

I think I had a grin on my face most of the time. Yes, the characters are cliche versions that we have already seen many times before, but once it gets going, it is just goddamn fun. I mean, if they want to remake Escape from New York, we have Wyatt Russell right there. The dude finally gets a good role to chew the scenery like his old man. A young Snake right there. Also, some of the war action scenes are just straight up awe looking from the setup and everything. Top notch stunt crew right there. It kinda takes a bit to get going at the beginning, but smooth as hell from there, it ain't perfect by any means, but like I said, so much fun watching this. And for that alone, it gets 9/10 from me. Instant buy when it becomes available.

Also, I know the director signed up to do Flash Gordon, but this man needs to jump on a cbm quick. He would be ideal for many characters. I bet the mouse took notice and will offer him some Star Wars thing, it would not surprise me.

I looked up Wyatt Russel and didn't realize he was Kurt's son. I've been watching Lodge 49 with him as the main guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"