Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much looking forward to everything. :funny:

WW84 and Aquaman the most, but I'll get more excited about the projects that are further away as they get closer.

Pretty much my stance. If a movie looks good, I'm hyped. This is one of those cases where your mileage is going to vary depending on how much affinity you had for the previous flicks; if you were super into what came before I can see why you wouldn't like what you've seen of Aquaman and Shazam. Thankfully, I have zero investment in any of that (save for Wonder Woman), so am looking forward to both of those flicks, as well The Batman, Birds of Prey and The Joker. Suicide Squad 2 is gonna be a wait and see, but they already have a very easy bar to clear.

I'm looking forward to WW84, The Flash, BoP and The Batman the most right now. Hoping for the best with Aquaman. Not feeling the hype for Joker, SS2, Shazam! or New Gods yet. If Supergirl happens, I'll probably get hyped for that, but the whole 70's thing and lack of Superman would do a lot to kill my enthusiasm if either of those pan out.

For me, it's The Batman (unless Affleck's successor repulses me to the point of indifference), BoP (the rumored Logan-esque approach, the cast, and more have started to pique my interest of late), and WW84. Aquaman looks okay; the latest trailer is one of the best I've seen put together in some time. That said, I'm still not stoked for it. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I wish the color could've been dialed back just a notch.

Phillips' Joker film has the makings of something special, and even if that's mostly due to Phoenix's involvement, consider me intrigued. That's all I'm gonna say about it for now. Shazam looks kind of fun... until Zack Levi shows up. SS2? Not interested right now, but that could change with time. Supergirl could be cool, but I'd prefer that it not be in lieu of a proper Superman sequel.

Last and definitely least on this oh-so-meaningless list would have to be New Gods. My rejuvenated interest in characters like Mister Miracle and Big Barda aside, I'm still not sure what to make of this project. It just feels so goddamned irrelevant.

Pretty much my stance. If a movie looks good, I'm hyped. This is one of those cases where your mileage is going to vary depending on how much affinity you had for the previous flicks; if you were super into what came before I can see why you wouldn't like what you've seen of Aquaman and Shazam. Thankfully, I have zero investment in any of that (save for Wonder Woman), so am looking forward to both of those flicks, as well The Batman, Birds of Prey and The Joker. Suicide Squad 2 is gonna be a wait and see, but they already have a very easy bar to clear.
Anticipation for next DCEU movies has got nothing to do with whether I liked the earlier movies, for example I really loved Man of Steel, BvS Extended Cut and Wonder Woman (meh on Suicide Squad and Justice League) but I can't get excited for Batgirl, Birds of Prey, New Gods, Suicide Squad 2 and Joker. Don't know what to think of Matt Reeves' Batman.

While, I am looking forward to Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman 1984 and Flash. So whether I am a fan of Snyder's DCEU movies or not is irrelevant as they are not going to be anything like his movies.

And that's great. But I do see quite a lot of people who are fans of those who insist they don't like the direction the franchise is heading because they feel it is moving away from what appealed to them in the first place, which is why I made that distinction.

And that's great. But I do see quite a lot of people who are fans of those who insist they don't like the direction the franchise is heading because they feel it is moving away from what appealed to them in the first place, which is why I made that distinction.

I think it's best if fans make up their own minds instead of jumping on to bandwagons, either it's "I hate Snyder movies bandwagon" or it's "I hate everything that's not following Snyder approach bandwagon".

I wouldn't say I'm particularly excited for any future DCEU movie, so I'm more in a wait and see mode. If I'm impressed by Aquaman and Shazam I could change my tune, but so far apathy is pretty much the only thing I feel when I think about the future DCEU slate. I'm holding out some hope that would change, but in case it doesn't, I won't be all broken up about it. I still enjoy talking to people about the DCEU, but I think I'm probably more invested in exchanging different opinions with other fans about it, then I am in the actual movies. After witnessing continuous failures, at some point you just become desensitized about the whole thing.

Last edited:
I'm very excited for Matt Reeves..............................................................................................................to announce who is playing the bloody Batman in his bloody Batman film! :argh:

I'm very excited for Matt Reeves..............................................................................................................to announce who is playing the bloody Batman in his bloody Batman film! :argh:

I'm excited and also a little worried.

In other news, Titans isn't perfect (no surprise there), but it's surprisingly better than I expected. It actually reminds me a lot of Supernatural.

I'm not living my life right:

IcNYcmCO5jE.jpg

For me, it's The Batman (unless Affleck's successor repulses me to the point of indifference), BoP (the rumored Logan-esque approach, the cast, and more have started to pique my interest of late), and WW84. Aquaman looks okay; the latest trailer is one of the best I've seen put together in some time. That said, I'm still not stoked for it. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I wish the color could've been dialed back just a notch.

Phillips' Joker film has the makings of something special, and even if that's mostly due to Phoenix's involvement, consider me intrigued. That's all I'm gonna say about it for now. Shazam looks kind of fun... until Zack Levi shows up. SS2? Not interested right now, but that could change with time. Supergirl could be cool, but I'd prefer that it not be in lieu of a proper Superman sequel.

Last and definitely least on this oh-so-meaningless list would have to be New Gods. My rejuvenated interest in characters like Mister Miracle and Big Barda aside, I'm still not sure what to make of this project. It just feels so goddamned irrelevant.

The Batman will break me with hype if Affleck is in the role. Otherwise it depends on the trailer. BOP, WW84 interest me as they could be special. Flash and Shazam could fall either way, but I love the actors even if I dont love the characters(Zac Levi and Ezra Miller). Zero interest in Supergirl, Black Adam or SS2. Would be interested in a MOS2(if HC and McQuarrie team up), GLC or Cyborg movie.

Joker and New Gods could be special. I'm MOST interested in a Batman movie with Ben Affleck going up against Leto's Joker. Nothing would hype me up more. Nothing. Other than maybe Snyder's version of JL.

I'm not living my life right:

IcNYcmCO5jE.jpg
If you take a picture with Momoa someday please share it with us. :funny:
There's no doubt that Joaqker is killing it. :funny:

5023866-6273133-image-a-85-1539461773489.jpg

source
Those pictures are definitely great. :ilv:
Love everything from this movie so far bar the pee-gate.

The article mentioned story beats that not announced yet(?) so, enjoy the pictures and if you don't mind spoilers, it's an interesting read.

If you take a picture with Momoa someday please share it with us. :funny:

Those pictures are definitely great. :ilv:
Love everything from this movie so far bar the pee-gate.

The article mentioned story beats that not announced yet(?) so, enjoy the pictures and if you don't mind spoilers, it's an interesting read.

I'd be too dead to do that.

I don't mind the approach so much. Go dark, light, serious or not, just make it top quality and I'll enjoy it. There are certain stories or characters you only do one way but for the majority I don't mind.

Just watched Sorry to Bother You.

Strong contender for the worst movie of the year, good God.

Searching was fantastic, thankfully.

I keep it simple. It's straight forward stuff for me. I'm a DC guy and have been skipping most other films in cinema. What I saw from Aquaman excites me and I will be in the theaters for every DC release because I am simply fond of DC characters. My enthusiasm compared to the MoS-BvS days? Not close but I'm still very eager to see DC/WB turn this thing around so the future can hopefully reach those hype levels again. Phoenix's Joker already has a welcomed vibe to it. A vibe a fan is supposed to feel. I have a feeling that's going to be off the chains and another great Shazam! trailer and the first look at WW84 will probably get the juices flowing again. Where my faith fails at right now is with WB but I'll continue to believe in these characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"