Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
gabriel-soares-all.jpg

A video on what makes a remake good. I found it pretty interesting.

DC streaming site has a winner in Titans. More shows of the same quality or better mould and they'll be on the right path.

I really like the Witcher producer lady. She's the first Hollywood filmmaker I've seen in a long time that doesn't try to act like fan criticism only comes from the crazy people.

DC streaming site has a winner in Titans. More shows of the same quality or better mould and they'll be on the right path.

I'm even more excited for Doom Patrol now.

This swerve lmao.

tumblr_pgjrwi8hKL1slqf6ao1_540.gif

tumblr_pgjrwi8hKL1slqf6ao3_r1_540.gif

Anna Diop killed it.

Surprisingly her appearance turned out to not even be the eighth most distracting thing in the pilot. But you know how certain fans are.
8th wuhhh..? Don't talk to me in parts of inch measures. :o

Anyway, Blade is one of the greatest cbms of all time, bald man. We talking about comicbook film genre in 1998 here, man. Put some RESPECT on his name.

I didn't say it was bad tho. It was just a bit underwhelming in the sense that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

It has the right template with the horror vibe, humor, kkrazzy action & comic book fantasy stuff. But it doesn't have a lot of re-watch value as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
It's alright, if you're not a Marvel fan who reads Inhumans.
Thanks. I know very little about them. To be fair, I still wish they made it a movie as originally planned, rather than a TV show. Hope Eternals turns out differently from a critical standpoint.

Is Inhumans at least a guilty pleasure?
Inhumans is quite possibly the most unintentionally funniest thing I've seen from any show.

The lengths they go to make the characters either tone down their traits or overhype their powers is impressive. It's got to be satire of some kind...it has to be.

Most puzzling thing about Inhumans is how it looks so low budget when at the time of it's release it was the most expansive cbm series.

So Titans is... good?
The production quality isn't great, but it's no worse than what you'd regularly see on a show like Gotham or Supernatural. Most of the performances range from serviceable to good, with Teagan Croft and especially Brenton Thwaites showing the most promise. The story thus far is presented like a neo-noirish crime mystery, one that will no doubt reveal deep-rooted evils as it unfolds. What else? Oh! There's more than a modicum of violence to be found throughout, as can be expected from a dark, gritty show with a TV-MA rating (the Robin fight scene in particular is like something out of a comic/video game, and it's almost as good as you've been hearing). The mood is, of course, pretty serious for the most part, but not in a dour kind of way. Once the other main characters start joining the fray, there's bound to be additional levity. That should make for a decent tonal balance overall even if I personally think it's already fine as is.

I finally watched TTGTM and I liked it a lot. I would say it was on par with Lego Batman in terms of enjoyment.

I actually dozed off while I was watching it yesterday at night and I was not really feeling it. The musical numbers were cool but the one liners & the sight gags weren't doing it for me. But I re-started from where I left off yesterday and nao I love it.

The songs are clearly the MVP in here. They are used really well throughout the movie. Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg & Deathstroke are great in the movie as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"