Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't seen this breakdown about what happened with Netflix before. I hadn't thought about how the cost and licensing fees might factor into things.

I'd remembered hearing Defenders debuted to much lower viewership than expected, but I didn't realize it'd gotten that bad.

Thanks for sharing, nice to finally understand what's going on...

Both trailers for this movie haven’t done much for me, if anything at all.

I’m not sure if it’s because I never had any attachment to the carol danvers character growing up or if it’s just because the trailers seemed kind of bland.
Brie Larson...ooooh boy

I mean, isn’t that pretty much carol in the comics these days?

Brie Larson is a damn fine actress, the acting we’ve seen in the trailers is because someone wanted her to give a reserved performance, at least early on in the film due to the character’s unclear past. At least that’s what I’m thinking will be the case.

Cap Marvel trailer looks good. It looks like another solid Marvel movie, but may not necessaily be for me.

Regarding Brie's acting, I suspect the movie may take a Wonder Woman approach where the movie will play heavily upon the banter and chemistry between the lead and co-lead. Gal bounced off well with Pine and I'm thinking Brie and Sam will have good repartee together.

Also, uh, what was with that end stinger with Fury and the cat? Did I miss something or did that carry any significance? Or were they simply trying to end the trailer with a gag?

I mean, isn’t that pretty much carol in the comics these days?
No clue. I just know all the adaptations of her had some personality.
I chuckled at the "Her -> A Hero"...cuz now I'm imagining Carol as Hillary

Also, uh, what was with that end stinger with sam and the cat? Did I miss something or did that carry any significance? Or were they simply trying to end the trailer with a gag?
I think a lot of people were wanting the inclusion of the cat (who is kind of a, uh, thing in the comics), and so they just threw that in there.

For the record, Brie Larson on her worst day is 10x the actor Gal Gadot is. I love Gal as WW, but yeah. This is Marvel's first movie with a (very well-deserved) Oscar winner in the lead, and I won't be worrying about Brie's acting even a little bit.

Amazon's adding even more Aquaman early screenings.

Holy cow. WB is really confident about this one.

I think a lot of people were wanting the inclusion of the cat (who is kind of a, uh, thing in the comics), and so they just threw that in there.

For the record, Brie Larson on her worst day is 10x the actor Gal Gadot is. I love Gal as WW, but yeah. This is Marvel's first movie with a (very well-deserved) Oscar winner in the lead, and I won't be worrying about Brie's acting even a little bit.

OH, ok, so the cat is a thing in Capt. Marvel's comics, then? So, I guess it was a fanservicy moment, then. It just seemed...odd its placement in the trailer.

OH, ok, so the cat is a thing in Capt. Marvel's comics, then? So, I guess it was a fanservicy moment, then. It just seemed...odd its placement in the trailer.
Still haven't shown how any of these things transform.

More cat is a good thing :up:

There were hints of a very promising performance from Brie here. Certainly more so than in the first trailer.

I was happy to see the cat, but I agree.

And yeah, in the comics, the cat is an alien called a Flerken, has a rivalry with Rocket Raccoon and generally causes Carol many headaches. Although, that might be a different cat. The one in the movie is apparently called Goose, while the one in the comics is Chewie. Since this movie's set 20+ years ago, Goose might be dead in present day and Chewie could be her cat in the sequels, who knows. And now you know more about Captain Marvel's cat than you could possibly ever have wanted. ;)

Amazon's adding even more Aquaman early screenings.

Holy cow. WB is really confident about this one.

Great to hear!

This is getting off to a great start.

Eh, I just don't buy Brie as CM so far. No, I ain't going to question her acting, cause she is a damn good actress, but lord knows these ''great actors'' have been wasted before on many Marvel films...*cough* Portman. There are actors that no matter how good they are simply can't sell you on the action badass type thing, and so far I ain't buying that from Brie. I got a good laugh at the opening old lady thing tho, A bad kind of laugh. lol

I hope CM does well. The comparisions with WW movie (or Brie vs Gal) are unnecessary and should be avoided, as it is we have enough trouble with Marvel vs DC comparisions and Snyderites.

I hope CM does well. The comparisions with WW movie (or Brie vs Gal) are unnecessary and should be avoided, as it is we have enough trouble with Marvel vs DC comparisions and Snyderites.

I meet up with Brie at some hipster restaurant joint/

She wears huge sunglasses, gucci sandals, a giant bag with her name on it. I wear a black leather jacket and a white tshirt that has Christopher Nolan bowing down to Quentin Tarantino.

Brie: Is that leather?
Me: Uh, I guess, I bought it from a thrift store, vintage, kinda like Brando use to wear.
Brie: Do you know how many animals died for that?
Me: Nope.
Brie: Well, let me send ya a link of this animal screaming.

Waiter: What can I get ya today?
Brie: I'll have the only vegan thing on the menu.
Me: I'll have that a steak...extra bloody.
Brie: Well, let me send ya a link of a baby cow dying screaming. He will have the same as me, thank you.

I notice Gal Gadot in the other table/

tenor.gif

Me: Yo! Gal...Whatcha got there??
Gal: A cheeseburger and chocolate cake!
Me: Please share!
Gal: Come sit down.

Brie: What?
Me: I just want to take a moment to reflect on the other table with Gal. You're a legend tho.

Last edited:
I meet up with Brie at some hipster restaurant joint/

She wears huge sunglasses, gucci sandals, a giant bag with her name on it. I wear a black leather jacket and a white tshirt that has Christopher Nolan bowing down to Quentin Tarantino.

Brie: Is that leather?
Me: Uh, I guess, I bought it from a thrift store, vintage, kinda like Brando use to wear.
Brie: Well, let me send ya a link of this animal screaming.

Waiter: What can I get ya today?
Brie: I'll have the only vegan thing on the menu.
Me: I'll have that a steak...extra bloody.
Brie: Well, let me send ya a link of a baby cow dying screaming. He will have the same as me, thank you.

I notice Gal Gadot in the other table/

tenor.gif

Me: Yo! Gal...Whatcha got there??
Gal: A cheeseburger and chocolate cake!
Me: Please share!
Gal: Come sit down.

Brie: What?
Me: I just want to take a moment to reflect on the other table with Gal. You're a legend tho.
This is Black Narcissus' content I've been waiting for.

All that CM trailer did is make me wanna see a live action DBZ. She looked like a super saiyan.

Hadn't seen this breakdown about what happened with Netflix before. I hadn't thought about how the cost and licensing fees might factor into things.

I'd remembered hearing Defenders debuted to much lower viewership than expected, but I didn't realize it'd gotten that bad.

You know? This is a great example of how much fans and the internet community tend to oversimplify everything; here you have a detailed explanation of the inner mechanics of the Netflix/Marvel deal and model, but for everybody else (myself included) was "Disney this! Netflix that!" and I think it's like that all the time.

The internet is so trigger happy when it comes to blaming someone for anything, but the mechanics behind every decision, weather we like it or not, is composed of a gazillion different variables we know absolutely nothing about; not that this knowledge is gonna stop that kind of reacting anytime soon, 'tis the internet after all...

*high pitched* Ya knowwww??? I was super "meh" on the first trailer, but this one sold me on it; there's bits and hints at a larger (or maybe smaller) emotional and personal story there, and it seems like it could bring something interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"