Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
*high pitched* Ya knowwww??? I was super "meh" on the first trailer, but this one sold me on it; there's bits and hints at a larger (or maybe smaller) emotional and personal story there, and it seems like it could bring something interesting.
That's what gets me. Outside of the Captain America movies, this is the Marvel trailer that most evokes a focus on a personal journey to me, and I find that exciting. It's not a "arrogant tool learns humility" trailer or a "look at these fun, wacky adventures" or a "look at this cool new world" trailer. This is a character whose mind and soul has been violated and manipulated at every turn and her goal is nothing less than finding her true self again. There's a lot of meaty dramatic potential there and I think they've got the perfect directors to mine it.

You know? This is a great example of how much fans and the internet community tend to oversimplify everything; here you have a detailed explanation of the inner mechanics of the Netflix/Marvel deal and model, but for everybody else (myself included) was "Disney this! Netflix that!" and I think it's like that all the time.

The internet is so trigger happy when it comes to blaming someone for anything, but the mechanics behind every decision, weather we like it or not, is composed of a gazillion different variables we know absolutely nothing about; not that this knowledge is gonna stop that kind of reacting anytime soon, 'tis the internet after all...

*high pitched* Ya knowwww??? I was super "meh" on the first trailer, but this one sold me on it; there's bits and hints at a larger (or maybe smaller) emotional and personal story there, and it seems like it could bring something interesting.

the cat gotcha didn't it?

She had me at Blockbusters in the first trailer

but I want that avenger trailer MORE

That's what gets me. Outside of the Captain America movies, this is the Marvel trailer that most evokes a focus on a personal journey to me, and I find that exciting. It's not a "arrogant tool learns humility" trailer or a "look at these fun, wacky adventures" or a "look at this cool new world" trailer. This is a character whose mind and soul has been violated and manipulated at every turn and her goal is nothing less than finding her true self again. There's a lot of meaty dramatic potential there and I think they've got the perfect directors to mine it.

Winter Soldier is my favourite solo Marvel film =)

i forgot about this

w5p7ZyL.jpg

CM looks bloody awful. Larson doesn't convince in ANY of her lines, particularly the 'end it' line. Unsurprisingly, count me out.

Google said that Grace Fulton is taller than Michelle Borth which I found amusing.
Yeah, there was no need to cast an older version of Mary, all that was need was to use makeup magic to make Grace Fulton look a bit older.

Not a bad CM trailer, bland-ish, the human story element is something different but it's Marvel doubt they'll fully focus on that...couple of cool shots though. More of SLJ is always gold.

Yeah, there was no need to cast an older version of Mary, all that was need was to use makeup magic to make Grace Fulton look a bit older.
True. I supposed that Mary in the movie is 15-18 years old and at that age most girls already have been through their growth spurts and not going to be a lot different facially to their older self.
Nowadays people commonly used makeup or contouring to give themselves more mature vibe so yeah, makeup trick is very possible especially for a big budget movie. And Mary Marvel, that I know of is not physically changing a la Billy.

But maybe their counterparts aren't their adult selves per se, if they're using 'idealized adult version of themselves' angle. I could see that work.
But usually a person wanted their idealized version to be taller. :funny:
Just trivial matter, they won't meet each other in the movie anyway.

Ya I don't get why they cast another actress for Mary.

Isn't she already in her prime physically? Unless they want her to be skinny and have the super version to be bulky, which means Michelle has to muscle up?

It's gonna be so cool to see the audience reaction when they all change lol. Keep my mouth shut to let my family have the surprise.

Just saw the new Captain Marvel trailer.

Might be on the minority on this and it pains me a bit to say it, but this is the first MCU movie I'm completely uninterested in. Though I did love that Fury cat joke.

I wonder if they will keep it quiet until the movie

they must wanna advertise the representation of the heroes though other than just showing the kids

Cats always improve film trailers. :cwink:

And yes that is the big one! The end of an era.

I wonder if they will keep it quiet until the movie

they must wanna advertise the representation of the heroes though other than just showing the kids
In the name of six Immortal Elders they better be a secret. Or a sheetstorm a la Doomsday trailer might happen again. :funny: Let it be a nice surprise.

Kids will appear in trailer and ads, absolutely. We already saw a glimpse of them in Comic Con trailer and I think Mary was at the scene when bullies beat up Freddy.

Plus, a large cast of kids (and diverse) is an attractive point for audience right now, and really sell the 'family movie' aspect of 'Shazam!'. It and Stranger Thing but a superhero movie, that's a unique, distinct selling point right there.

In the name of six Immortal Elders they better be a secret. Or a sheetstorm a la Doomsday trailer might happen again. :funny: Let it be a nice surprise.

Kids will appear in trailer and ads, absolutely. We already saw a glimpse of them in Comic Con trailer and I think Mary was at the scene when bullies beat up Freddy.

Plus, a large cast of kids (and diverse) is an attractive point for audience right now, and really sell the 'family movie' aspect of 'Shazam!'. It and Stranger Thing but a superhero movie, that's a unique, distinct selling point right there.
Similar to Big Hero 6 or any teen superhero thing thus far, they're probably not going to have much time for the rest of the kids.
We pretty much get it's a buddy comedy first & foremost between Billy/Shazam & Freddy.

Similar to Big Hero 6 or any teen superhero thing thus far, they're probably not going to have much time for the rest of the kids.
We pretty much get it's a buddy comedy first & foremost between Billy/Shazam & Freddy.
Of course, Billy-Freddy duo shenanigans FTW!
But they would be crucial in how Billy finally opened his heart and find his new home and family, I'm sure.
And I'm expecting bonding moments for all of them and 'aww' scenes with Darla. :D

What else have they done?? Not familiar with.

Cats are evil assassins and I'm impervious to nostalgia GL, please...

....it was the punching of the smiley old lady. Punching old ladies is my jam. :o

Winter Soldier is my favourite solo Marvel film =)
Still the best MCU movie, IMHO.

Oh man!! I totally forgot about the Shazam family!! That's gonna be schweeeet!! I hope they don't reveal it before the movie, but I doubt it, since it will more than likely leak through toy lines and stuff, they might want to get ahead, and they won't miss the opportunity to promote 5 extra multiracial children-to-superheroes.

Half-Nelson, Mississippi Grind, Sugar, and It’s Kind of a Funny Story + episodes of The Big C, Billions and The Affair. Intimate personal drama is kind of their specialty.

Really liked Mississippi Grind. Mendo and Reynolds had great chemistry.

Really liked Mississippi Grind. Mendo and Reynolds had great chemistry.
Agreed, and I thought Half-Nelson was great as well. Ryan Gosling’s Oscar nod for that was much more well-deserved than his one for La La Land, IMO.

so the latest rumor is that an A4 trailer was never supposed to come this week

considering the movie that just got a trailer yesterday already had one drop in September and crazy fans clamoring for Avengers Untitled, I give Marvel some major troll points for that one. I don't have to like it, but I respect their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"