Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the Robin alleyway fight scene. Good LORD, that was brutal. I have to watch the entire episode now to get the context of it but man, does Robin seem angry af in this show. I dig it...I think. There were some bits that made me wince and felt were unnecessary though.

There's a jump scare in episode 8 of Haunting of Hill House that is the WORST JUMP SCARE SINCE MULHOLLAND DRIVE

actual footage of me rn:
giphy.gif

Dead rats and used condoms is how you do it right. :o

:barf:
Actually the rat is alive, Margot Robbie made him a pet and now it's Guillermo del Toro's.
They renamed him 'Venustiano'. :funny:

Margot Robbie: Guillermo del Toro in possession of Jared Leto's 'Suicide Squad' rat

But he did send the Skwad a dead pig. :eek:
And I thought Ayer said that 'used condoms' actually not really 'used' but condoms that were removed from its container or something. But still, tacky as heck. WTF dude.

With right script and direction Leto could do better than SS. He's talented but he really needs to tone down the 'method acting' part.

Watching Titans. Looks sweet already, love the vibe the show's going for.

Finally saw Sorry to Bother You (and I say "finally" not only because I just finally found it online in good quality, but because my internet was super ****ty today and it took me forever to watch this movie); LOTS of very interesting bits that somehow fail to the sum of these parts. The social commentary on automation and the shallowness of modern trends is well appreciated, and the ingenious camera work and cinematography makes it appealing even when those topics are found aplenty nowadays (not a criticism per se, those things need to be brought up imho), but they didn't quite gel at the end; feels to me like another movie that had great potential, and it kinda feel apart on the weight of its own ideas...real pretty to look at, tho!

Lakeith Stanfield is a treasure tho, I've seen him in very few things (that I can remember right now), but there is such an honest vulnerability to his eyes and he's just so damn likeable, I wanna watch anything he does. I feel like I was enjoying the movie quite a bit, but the movie tip-toed around its own edge; it never fully embraced its own weirdness...and honestly the ending (the very-very ending) kinda ruined it for me.

Still an interesting watch, tho.

Really liked Titans, there's room for improvement of course, but it was much better than I was expecting; I feel the actors playing Grayson and Starfire embodied their characters awesomely (I haven't read a lot of Starfire, so I don't know much about the character in the comics, but I really liked Anna Diop's performance) and yeah...Grayson is BRUTAL!! Like @idiot09 said, he's more brutal than Batfleck (speaking of, I think I missed that reference you were talking about buddy), and yeah, as it has been said, this could easily fit in that universe too, even tho they're separated.

It also made me think of something: it makes sense to me that Robin's fighting style would be more "brutal" than Batman's; I know in this particular scene in the show his brutality is character motivated, due to his current anger and probably not his usual way, but it just made me think that Batman can rely on his superior stature and physical strength to get the job done, while Robin (specially a younger Robin, someone who started years prior to the point we see Grayson in Titans), being a much smaller physical treat, well, he'd have to be pretty brutal to get the job done (and to add to the intimidation factor, which psychologically and strategically gives him an advantage over his opponents).

MV5BMTg4Mjg5NjQwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc1MDg0NTM@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I finally watched a movie that exceeded my expectations after a string of underwhelming ones (Blade, Blade II & Sorry To Bother You).

The two leads have great chemistry (they are cute as hell :ilv: :hrt: :ilv:) and the movie is surprisingly funny too . I loved it and I'll definitely re-watch it sometime in the future.

Getting ready to check out some supernatural shows this weekend. Might give Light as a Feather a watch after Haunting of the Hill House.

Who is gonna be the Nathan Fillion cameo in Suicide Squad 2?

Venom keeps kicking ass at the BO. Wasn't sure whether to go see it but I think I will in a few days. Really like how the moviegoing audience is giving a big FU to the critics.

New Wonder Woman 1984 set pics.

Late to the party with Killing Eve but worth mentioning it here as it doesn't get discussed a lot, worth a watch for the leads performance if nothing else. Jodie Comer is going to be a star, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

A friend of mine actually raised up a good point awhile back when we were talking about how the X-Men joining the MCU. Given that the rejection of Mutants in society is part of the lore's biggest selling point, I wonder on how they will present that in the MCU?

The MCU has had several superheroes established, both aliens and enhanced people, who have been widely accepted by the general public. So for mutants to suddenly be hated because they have powers wouldn't make sense.

People in the comics tend to hate mutants specifically because they are born different and most of them aren't trained superheroes. They're just random people walking around the Earth with the potential to cause serious harm. You don't have to worry about Captain America or Thor accidentally killing dozens of people when they go to pick up a Big Mac from their local McDonalds, but with mutants that's a definite real possibility.

And of course, even in the real world, racism is often irrational.

A friend of mine actually raised up a good point awhile back when we were talking about how the X-Men joining the MCU. Given that the rejection of Mutants in society is part of the lore's biggest selling point, I wonder on how they will present that in the MCU?

The MCU has had several superheroes established, both aliens and enhanced people, who have been widely accepted by the general public. So for mutants to suddenly be hated because they have powers wouldn't make sense.
Let's just say they already crossed that bridge with In/Nuhumans. The government is adamantly against them since they're walking weapons hiding out in plain sight. It's like a mass shooter or domestic terrorist.

MV5BMTg4Mjg5NjQwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc1MDg0NTM@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I finally watched a movie that exceeded my expectations after a string of underwhelming ones (Blade, Blade II & Sorry To Bother You).

The two leads have great chemistry (they are cute as hell :ilv: :hrt: :ilv:) and the movie is surprisingly funny too . I loved it and I'll definitely re-watch it sometime in the future.

The chick on the right is currently dating Leo Dicaprio. He knew her since she was 9 years old. A bit of ''Now You Know Rainbow'' facts for ya. lol She is hnnnngh af tho. Au natural, baby, swing low, sweet chariots.

Anyway, Blade is one of the greatest cbms of all time, bald man. We talking about comicbook film genre in 1998 here, man. Put some RESPECT on his name.

Shout out to that man Wesley Snipes who would leave sticky note messages for the film crew that ended with “- Blade”

So they're going with "Tired of being Victimized and it's time to pay it forward" Barbara Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"