Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that there are even camps on this is funny to me. Of all the things to have arguments over...

No boob window
C0Oa939.gif
boob window
RipePessimisticAurochs-size_restricted.gif

I legit thought someone went by the name 'Ignored Member' on SHH. I thought it was a really cool name.

Then I clicked on a recent post made by the same name and it turns out to be a poster who has been on my ignore list for more than a year. Topkek.
4DJjESuL_o.gif

I had a similar reaction, then I saw the name is in black text.

Time to finally revisit and evaluate Roland Emmerich's Godzilla film, to see how whether it is bad or underrated.

Starts with a nuclear test site on a beach, and a bunch of lizards (I think) get struck by the radiation and die, except for one egg that survives. Then we cut to... a military fishermen ship? Godzilla isn't an urban myth to them, it is a real threat that attacks their ship, and that terror was cut to abruptly show Matthew Broderick's character (Niko Tatopoulos) singing 'Singing in the Rain' (He is good singer :o), under the rain, to electrocute Earthworms (none which goes by the name; Jim).

Jean Reno: "Ask that one survivor of that ship about what he saw"
Doctor asks in Japanese, gets no response.
Jean Reno
*lights his lighter and flails it over his head*: "What did you see?"
Japanese man answers the Frenchman asking his question in English: Gojira.

Lighter fire brings one's attention to remember giant claws. :shrug:

And then we cut to Tatoupolis again pretty soon after that moment.
I don't know whether the editing deserves to be blamed for writing that rushes between scenes or not.

No Boob Window, for god's sake, do we have to have this discussion, there isn't even a discussion to have. :(. Do values even exist in this day & age ?

An expert biologist studies earthworms for three years to see they are 17% larger than normal due to radioactive residue, THREE...YEARS...FOR THAT.

His new boss knew his field and a lot about him, is suddenly impressed upon seeing him up close, after knowing so much about him.

Old Japanese survivor with no name said "Gojira, Gojira", but the footage shown to Statoupolis has him stuttering "je" twice. And looks like my commentary reads like a CinemaSins line, so I hate this revelation.

Giant creature heads West from Panama to somewhere near Tahiti, and then moves even further to the West to go to the United States of America. Why? Who knows? Who cares? Let it slide.

This movie is really fast move at moving between main players in the story.

"You're maybe the wrong man for the job, but you're cute"

Some say the line "I think he's kinda hot" is misplaced in Man of Steel, what do they think of this line?

Ok, so that Japanese ship is for a company of canned fish, but I got the impression it's military.

Fishermen ship in U.S.A is under a storm, one guy talks like he's in a storm and there are loud noises around them, audio recording devices recorded his audio that way. The other guy replies like they are together in the same room instead of raising his voice, and he is somehow heard.

Marvel's Captain Marvel trailer is ready to be released.

Giant mouth opens up to snag the small hook of a fishing rod, and there was zero sign of it. This Godzilla movie is really bad at showing little when there is need for it.
Then the back of the creature rises up from a distance that is possibly longer than the monster.

This is a monster that seeks out fish to eat, leaves the water full of fish, grabs giant metal vehicles that contains large amounts of fish where there is a much bigger supply of fish the creature chooses to ignore, and then it threatens streets to find fish after biting a fishing hook that had no catch to it.

Oh look, spoof on the late critics Siskel and Ebert.

He survived by standing where he was between the toes of a monster, that is how Eddie Brock/Apu/Chief Wiggum/Comic Book store guy lives on.

Manhattan is not an island, it's a peninsula, and there is no way a creature that large could blend in with so many buildings where it is in site of everyone's vision to be seen, it just can't disappear by simply walking around the corner.
This movie is a weird kind of bad.

Camilla Luddington aka Lara Croft in video games. Character looks like her and she does the mocap/voice.

some hnnngh trivia for ya'll...completely naked on a few episodes of Californication.

giphy.gif

As a Grimm fan I'm thrilled about who they cast as Lois in Supergirl.

images

And once again they chose to cast an actress for Lois that's older than the actor for Superman. At this point, I think only Erica Durance was younger than Tom Welling and they only had like a year gap. Smallville's Lois was still older than Clark tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"