Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

I had no idea Oscar Isaac was Jewish. I know he was @Speed Force’s top choice for Reed Richards, but he was never who I even remotely considered doing a role like Marc Spector, since I don’t see him doing TV again after he broke big with Star Wars. Hell, he even stated he would never come back for Star Wars for a Disney Plus show. Leaving me with the impression he was interested in doing TV. I guess something in the role must’ve clicked with him and made him accept.

Glad he gets a second shot at Marvel in a live-action role after Apocalypse wasted his talents.

Last edited:
I'm excited because I love Oscar Isaac, but I was really pulling for him to play Reed Richards

I had no idea Oscar Isaac was Jewish. I know he was @Speed Force’s top choice for Reed Richards, but he was never who I even remotely considered doing a role like Marc Spector, since I don’t see him doing TV again after he broke big with Star Wars. Hell, he even stated he would never come back for Star Wars for a Disney Plus show. Leaving me with the impression he was interested in doing TV. I guess something in the role must’ve clicked with him and made him accept.

Glad he gets a second shot in a Marvel role after Apocalypse wasted his talents.

Where'd you hear that? Because his Wiki says he's Guatamalan and was raised in an evangelical Christian family and doesn't mention anything about him being Jewish.

Where'd you hear that? Because his Wiki says he's Guatamalan and was raised in an evangelical Christian family and doesn't mention anything about him being Jewish.

ElRZlM-XEAUcqTh

Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis)

Awesome choice - really happy...haven‘t considered him not knowing he has jewish roots. the name Isaacs would‘ve been a hint, but I thought its not unusual that Latin Americans have names with biblical/hebrew background.

Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle,[citation needed] and a Cubanfather, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano, a pulmonologist.[9][10][11] He has two siblings: an older sister, climate scientist Nicole Hernandez Hammer,[12] and a younger brother, journalist Mike Hernandez.[13] Isaac's family settled in the U.S. when he was five months old, and he was raised in Miami, Florida.[14][15][16] He has described his evangelical Protestant upbringing as "very Christian."

Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle,[citation needed] and a Cubanfather, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano, a pulmonologist.[9][10][11] He has two siblings: an older sister, climate scientist Nicole Hernandez Hammer,[12] and a younger brother, journalist Mike Hernandez.[13] Isaac's family settled in the U.S. when he was five months old, and he was raised in Miami, Florida.[14][15][16] He has described his evangelical Protestant upbringing as "very Christian."
Doesn’t change the fact he does have Jewish roots - he has Israeli ancestry, and has already played a Jewish character before so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here...

Last edited:
Perfect casting. Goddamn did they win with this one.

I'm not expecting much though. I want violent, unhinged, multiple personality Moon Knight with a moody atmosphere. But we're probably gonna get a very sanitized Disney Plus show where he's just a super hero.

I like the casting a lot because it came out of nowhere, and now I can't unsee it. Marvel does it again, also #krasinskiforreedrichards

For those who care: Comic book Moon Night is 6’2 while Oscar Isaac by comparison is 5’9. Not that being tall is a big aspect of the character, and Isaac can still be intimidating without have a big stature, but I did kind of imagine they’d try and get a taller dude who was at least 6’0. Oh well.

For those who care: Comic book Moon Night is 6’2 while Oscar Isaac by comparison is 5’9. Not that being tall is a big aspect of the character, and Isaac can still be intimidating without have a big stature, but I did kind of imagine they’d try and get a taller dude who was at least 6’0. Oh well.
Height hardly matters when it comes to film and tv. Look at Downey. He's 5'8-5'9, Scarlett Johansson is like 5'2. There's ways to make him look taller if need be. Not a big deal at all. Especially when you're casting someone as talented as Oscar Isaac.

Height hardly matters when it comes to film and tv. Look at Downey. He's 5'8-5'9, Scarlett Johansson is like 5'2. There's ways to make him look taller if need be. Not a big deal at all. Especially when you're casting someone as talented as Oscar Isaac.
Oh I largely agree, but for certain characters height definitely matters. You’re not gonna cast a short 5’4 guy as Thor for instance, even if he is a great actor. You have to get a big guy for that type of role but you are largely correct the height generally doesn’t matter much when it comes to casting.

Last edited:
I volunteer to be that guy...

I don't see it right now no matter how good a performer Issacs is.

I will have to wait for that trailer to make me more excited.

Awesome casting. I feel like this is the first blockbuster role his considerable talents won’t be wasted in, so yay. Can’t wait! :up:

Glad he gets a second shot at Marvel in a live-action role after Apocalypse wasted his talents.

I suspect he's not Jewish.

Doesn’t change the fact he does have Jewish roots - he has Israeli ancestry, and has already played a Jewish character before so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here...

Doesn't seem like he has Jewish ancestry to me.

People bring up height a lot for these roles, it's largely irrelevant.

Yeah, the dude's not Jewish.

Now look, obviously, being Jewish isn't a major part of Moon Knight's identity. But it is part of his backstory, and I would've preferred if he was portrayed by a Jewish actor.

He’s of Jewish descent from his father’s side, but raised Christian.

He is the third Oscar in the family. “My father and my grandfather were both named Oscar,” he revealed. “I am the third Oscar. It’s from the Academy Awards. Isaac is Jewish from my father’s side. I am definitely a big mix of many things.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"