Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

I'm fine with Oscar Isaac in the role. Hadn't considered him.

I thought for Agents of SHIELD that they said that white doesn't work on film when it came to Mockingbird's costume. So how come it works now for Moon Knight? Or are they going to make him grey or just go for the black costume? I do hope he has the full white costume rather than the one with the gold and the ankh symbol, or the one with the black body. White makes him look more like a wraith, while black has been used way too often, especially with Batman. I don't mind if he gets the ankh later on, but the classic moon symbol is a must.

He might not even have a costume ;)

He has had a variation that was primarily black.

-1481057977.jpg

Spector's approach is he wants the enemy to see him coming. He'd rather take a hit than waste time blocking it. He's rather unhinged.

"I told him I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon."

So if they take the white out of his costume, they are taking out some crucial aspects of this character and his personality.

Last edited:
He might not even have a costume ;)

He has had a variation that was primarily black.

-1481057977.jpg

Spector's approach is he wants the enemy to see him coming. He'd rather take a hit than waste time blocking it. He's rather unhinged.

"I told him I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon."

So if they take the white out of his costume, they are taking out some crucial aspects of this character and his personality.
I really hope that this being on Disney+ and not Netflix or ABC, means that he will have a comic accurate costume. It’s a pretty cool, distinctive design. It would be great for him to stand out especially if he’s going to interact with the movie characters at some point.

they want to sell toys - of course he‘ll have a costume

I'm confident that there will be a costume I just hope it isn't seen until the final episode.

Its Marvel Studios and not Netflix of course he's getting a Costume

they want to sell toys - of course he‘ll have a costume

I don't want it in the final 15 minutes of the last episode. And I'm hoping it's a high quality movie worthy costume, not something terrible like DD's costume.

Also I don't want it to look like all the other movie costumes which seem too similar in design after a while. No pads or segments etc. Also I want his mask to be white but only appear black when hidden in shadows, not fully black.

Well is it really representation if he's not playing the character as Latin? Also, a large majority of the Latin population does not like the term "Latinx" and does not identify with it.

I've heard of Isaac having some Jewish heritage, but it all sounds very dubious at best. As far as I know, he was born and raised in an Evangelical Christian family.
There are latino jewish people.
He could be playing a latino jewish marc spector or could be playing a latino marc spector.
He will just have to wait and see.

He played a Mossad agent in the movie Operation Finale.

they don‘t market that series, like they do with Falcon and WandaVision, without showing him in costume. He‘ll might not get it in the first 2 episodes, but he won‘t get it the mast 15min of the series either.
Imagine all those shirts and posters that say „MoonKnight“ but just have an average looking guy on it...

I can't believe that there are some people doubting if he will get a costume :funny:

I'll stop doubting there's a costume, when we see the costume and they don't constantly rip off his mask to make sure we see his face.

We've seen too much of that in various Marvel series, whether Netflix or ABC. We've heard excuses about how white doesn't film well so it has to be made grey instead when many other TV series have someone in white. And when Marvel shows have finally had a costume it's been terrible like DD's or only showing up right at the end.

DD season 3 was so cheap that they couldn't even give Bullseye a costume but stuck in him in DD's terrible red costume and stuck DD back in his "Trial of the Incredible Hulk" outfit or proto costume.

I'm fed up of proto costumes or the idea of having to earn it. Since Moon Knight is so unhinged anyway, when will he ever earn the right to wear the full white costume?

I want him to have it straight away. If there's a proto costume, give him the Fist of Konshu version with the ankh and gold bracelets, since that seems more Egyptian, even though it's not his first costume.

We've seen too much of that in various Marvel series, whether Netflix or ABC. We've heard excuses about how white doesn't film well so it has to be made grey instead when many other TV series have someone in white. And when Marvel shows have finally had a costume it's been terrible like DD's or only showing up right at the end.

DD season 3 was so cheap that they couldn't even give Bullseye a costume but stuck in him in DD's terrible red costume and stuck DD back in his "Trial of the Incredible Hulk" outfit or proto costume.

I'm fed up of proto costumes or the idea of having to earn it. Since Moon Knight is so unhinged anyway, when will he ever earn the right to wear the full white costume?

I want him to have it straight away. If there's a proto costume, give him the Fist of Konshu version with the ankh and gold bracelets, since that seems more Egyptian, even though it's not his first costume.
Yes please.

clean.jpg

Although I had this comic when I was younger, I didn't realise the cover was by Earl Norem until now.

These are really the only 2 costumes I want to see for Moon Knight:

90509140a3443a5e85aa218f5529c15a24324e2ar1-444-691v2_uhq.jpg

Moon_Knight.jpg

I'm fine with Oscar Isaac in the role. Hadn't considered him.

I thought for Agents of SHIELD that they said that white doesn't work on film when it came to Mockingbird's costume. So how come it works now for Moon Knight? Or are they going to make him grey or just go for the black costume? I do hope he has the full white costume rather than the one with the gold and the ankh symbol, or the one with the black body. White makes him look more like a wraith, while black has been used way too often, especially with Batman. I don't mind if he gets the ankh later on, but the classic moon symbol is a must.

The key answer is "Who do you mean by 'they'?" The "They" in AoS is a completely different set of people than the "They" here, meaning different levels of talent, different creative sensibilities, and different budget. I mean, while its not exactly the same people, we are talking about significant overlap with the production team of Runaways and their "No such thing as magic" complete nonsense talk during season 1.

Speaking as a born, Bar Mitzvah'ed Jewish person, most of the discourse I've seen on this topic hasn't been nasty. And I don't think it's wrong to bring up this issue.

1. I don't think it's wrong for people who are Jewish to want to see a Jewish borne actor or someone who identifies as Jewish portray this character.

2. I've only found like one story where Isaac mentions Jewish heritage, but I dunno, it seemed rather dubious. The article above even mentions he was raised in a Christian household. With that in mind, I don't think it's wrong to bring this up or have this conversation.

3. As a Jewish person, I think Isaac is a talented actor. I'm willing to put my objections aside provided those Judaism aspects in his background and relationship with his father are left intact. I'm willing to reserve judgement on that, but I'm also reserving the right to change my mind depending on how its depicted.

4. Isaac has portrayed Jewish and Israeli characters before, so I believe it's possible he can throw himself into that role if need be.

5. Representation matters. People have a right to voice their opinions on this issue. Now, yes I think there's a way to do so tactfully and respectfully, and sometimes people online forget how to do that. But nothing presented in my article I think proves that it's wrong to bring this issue up because it gets brought up when many other films and shows in recent years.

6. No one has seen a single frame of the show. We don't know if those elements of his background will even be maintained and kept intact. If the writers were to say downplay or erase those aspects of Moon Knight's background, I think there is more cause of concern and to criticize the issue.

There are latino jewish people.
He could be playing a latino jewish marc spector or could be playing a latino marc spector.
He will just have to wait and see.

I'm aware there are Sephardic Jews. But he was born and raised in a Christian household.

I'm aware there are Sephardic Jews. But he was born and raised in a Christian household.
I read that his father is latino and jewish.
He could be playing both in the mcu or just a latino in the mcu.

More interested in this one now as I like Isaac's casting a lot.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"