Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

It's relatively new for the US. It was always the norm in the UK.

That was one thing I liked about the UK version of The Office. Six episodes per season, short and to the point. No need for any fluff or filler in-between. Same with Extras. Really, I think US shows could take a page from the UK and have shorter seasons.

All of you people dunking on this show for focusing on the Steven Grant character because of how apparently boring/uninteresting he is or how much he takes away from actual Moon Night stuff, or how it would’ve been better if it was just a two hour movie, are nuts.

If it had acquiesced to all of your requests, it wouldn’t have nearly been able to delve deep enough into all of the psychological stuff and rushed through so much plot and story, and you would’ve made that complaint instead. A shorter version of this would’ve focused more on the superheroing stuff and wouldn’t have nearly been as interesting. I for one have appreciated the slower pace and deep exploration into Mark and Steven’s mind/past. The actual superheroing stuff in the show I actually find to be the least interesting part.

We care about Steven because of how much time we get to spend with him. Imagine all of that time we get with him in the show compressed into only 30 minutes or less of run time, or having to sprint through all of his tragic backstory as a child in the third act. That would’ve been terrible.

I’ve had my druthers and issues with the previous shows that I also somewhat share with others and agree with them on, but this ain’t it, chief.

Isn't it called "series" in the UK? I've never heard the term "season" for UK shows.

All of you people dunking on this show for focusing on the Steven Grant character because of how apparently boring/uninteresting he is or how much he takes away from actual Moon Night stuff, or how it would’ve been better if it was just a two hour movie, are nuts.

If it had acquiesced to all of your requests, it wouldn’t have nearly been able to delve deep enough into all of the psychological stuff and rushed through so much plot and story, and you would’ve made that complaint instead. A shorter version of this would’ve focused more on the superheroing stuff and wouldn’t have nearly been as interesting. I for one have appreciated the slower pace and deep exploration into Mark and Steven’s mind/past. The actual superheroing stuff in the show I actually find to be the least interesting part.

We care about Steven because of how much time we get to spend with him. Imagine all of that time we get with him in the show compressed into only 30 minutes or less of run time, or having to sprint through all of his tragic backstory as a child in the third act. That would’ve been terrible.

I’ve had my druthers and issues with the previous shows that I also somewhat share with others and agree with them on, but this ain’t it, chief.
I think filming during covid is what hurt the show. There is a better version of this story that can be told. This show just isn't firing on all cylinders. Maybe they just needed to throw something together to get the character out before Doctor Strange 2 I guess.

Wrong. I cared about Steven the very first episode. All it took was for him waiting at the restaurant not realizing that it was Sunday.

Extra time does mean I care for a character more. That’s ridiculous. Countless movies have proved that. The focus on Steven was never the problem and the very first episode is still proof of that - and is the strongest of this series and would have been the template for a really great movie.

The problem is the countless times the plot meanders and DOESN’T focus on Steven. That’s where a movie would have made it more character driven, more cohesive, and more emotional because of it IMO.

I enjoyed the series but it’s really due to Isaac’s performance. I’ll have to binge watch because I didn’t really follow why they were looking for a tomb one minute and then back at the pyramid with the avatars the next. What was the point of the tomb?

The other gods and their avatars were lame though. First, completely naive. Then unable to defend themselves against a bunch of humans.

Yeah it was a huge letdown. It started off pretty good but had a steady decline in each episode.

I liked the show, but the finale wasn't the best. Loki still had what I thought was the best finale because it didn't include a big battle between the main character and the big bad. Sure, it was talking from He Who Remains, but it was a variant of Kang, which I am fine with. Loki is still my #1 show. The next one is Ms. Marvel. I expect many of the teenage TV/Film tropes in that one and I will be disappointed if none of that happens.

I am confused as to how Moon Knight will interact with the rest of the MCU.

Last edited:
I was waiting until all of the episodes were in before watching episodes 2-6. I liked episode 1 just fine, but thought 2 sucked. Basically, I think Steven is a Fing idiot and hated episode 2. In the opinion of others, does it get better? I realize that some of you will disagree about episode 2, but I'd like to see him embrace the character more.

This show was... fine. There's cool and interesting stuff with beautiful imagery. But I didn't like the pacing, the episodic week-by-week format just didn't work for me, and the mythology got a bit confusing, not gonna lie.
It should've been a movie.

I liked that
Layla became a superhero because the MCU needs more non-American superheroes on Earth. Before this we had.....Shang Chi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked that (...)
You might want to spoiler this in the general (not episode-specific) thread since not everyone has caught up yet and there are people such as InCali two posts above you coming here to ask what peoples' thoughts on it were before they continue watching.

You might want to spoiler this in the general (not episode-specific) thread since not everyone has caught up yet and there are people such as InCali two posts above you coming here to ask what peoples' thoughts on it were before they continue watching.
Yes, please tag anything to do with the current episode which has just come out, or discuss specifics in the dedicated thread. Thanks.

This show was a rotten carrot IMHO. I've never been more disappointed with an MCU show or product than this. And I mean a lot of the elements were there. The writing was terrible.

I have no idea why they took this approach for a first season.

I was waiting until all of the episodes were in before watching episodes 2-6. I liked episode 1 just fine, but thought 2 sucked. Basically, I think Steven is a Fing idiot and hated episode 2. In the opinion of others, does it get better? I realize that some of you will disagree about episode 2, but I'd like to see him embrace the character more.

Solely my opinion, but I think it only got worse. I feel like we never actually got Moon Knight in this show.

I fear the reactions on this forum for Ms. Marvel and She Hulk will be similar to Moon Knight. Just remember, Ms. Marvel is likely geared more towards teenagers since the likely teen tropes are expected. Those tropes that we might think are terrible on the show, teens may feel otherwise. Many of us aren't teens anymore. Yes we dealt with teenage stuff in the Spider-Man movies and some of the usual teen tropes (the nerdy protagonist, his nerdy best friend, a school crush, a school dance, a concerned but loving adult family member, the local bully who picks on the protagonist except he isn't a jock which is different, teachers and principals concerned for the students) but I feel like there will be more of that in Ms. Marvel and Spider Man spent a lot of time with older heroes anyways. Kamala Khan isn't going to do that. Most of the people she will spend time with are her high school classmates or her family.

With She Hulk, it's a comedy. There are a lot of people working on that show with experience in comedy. One of the cast members has experience in improv comedy, so that might help with the show's comedy. Having said all of that, I get this feeling that both Ms. Marvel and She Hulk will be met with the same comments as we've seen many of you with Moon Knight. I hope I am wrong.

I guess it's me never having any history with Marvel or DC Comics seeing things in a different view. As I have said, there's not one Disney+ MCU show that I hate. I like them all, but some a lot more than others. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing that I don't have a preconceived notion of comic books coming in. I like Moon Knight, but not as much as I did with Loki and WandaVision. I guess I am in the minority though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"