MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have introduced Wanda's hex magic/probability powers in CW but they had no idea that Jean would be coming back to Marvel only 3 years later - so I can't really blame them for making her derivative of Jean considering the complicated nature of Wanda's powers from the comics.

He was lazy. The Evolution cartoon did a great take on Wanda's power set. There's no reason they couldn't have done something like that or better.

And thats perfectly fine. There are two many stories in the 55 year history of the X-men that can be explored than needing to rehash any one thats already been told

Saying the Phoenix or Dark Phoenix saga has been shown is like stating FanFourStic was the definitive F4 movie.

The Last Stand was NOT a Phoenix movie. Phoenix was barely a character in that horrible POS.
I don't think this latest attempt by the same hack will be any better.

But that's not comic accurate. I mean I could definitely do without the death part or delay it until her 10th film but to omit a very important story arc that was at play since Clarmont introduced them seems odd. I thought the reason why we all wanted Marvel to have the rights back was to make it more comic accurate not less...

There's more to comic accuracy than being a slave to a narrative that will have been done twice already in the last 12 years. When you look at the history of the mcu and the story lines they've adapted how many of them from start to finish are actually like the books?
The reason why people want the xmen, F4, and spiderman back in the mcu is because how great the characters are. The xmen and fantastic 4 are weak underdeveloped characters at fox.

Last edited:
Saying the Phoenix or Dark Phoenix saga has been shown is like stating FanFourStic was the definitive F4 movie.

The Last Stand was NOT a Phoenix movie. Phoenix was barely a character in that horrible POS.
I don't think this latest attempt by the same hack will be any better.

No its not, bc no one has every said what Fox did was the definitive DPS

But that's not comic accurate. I mean I could definitely do without the death part or delay it until her 10th film but to omit a very important story arc that was at play since Clarmont introduced them seems odd. I thought the reason why we all wanted Marvel to have the rights back was to make it more comic accurate not less...

That doesnt even make sense. Doing the story or not doesnt make the films any more or less comic accurate

Tbh, I don't want Hank to start off blue. The ape-like proportions on him is something we've never seen before

I actually would like for when he mutates into his more beastly form, he should be gray blue instead of such a strong blue that he was In the foxmen series. I've also had a soft spot for the all gray design as well.

That doesnt even make sense. Doing the story or not doesnt make the films any more or less comic accurate

What are you talking about? I was saying they need to include character interactions like romantic ones if they are apart of the comics. Are you sure you understood what I was meaning?

If Beast turns blue or furry, I want him to look like his Avengers Beast form (which was his classic furry form even for X-Men, before Jim Lee).

Beast-Marvel-Comics-McCoy-Avengers-Defenders-X-Men-a.jpg

But I use the term "Avengers Beast" because he was with that team mostly in the 70s and that's where the majority of his appearances were. John Byrne did use this Beast in Uncanny X-Men occasionally too.

What are you talking about? I was saying they need to include character interactions like romantic ones if they are apart of the comics. Are you sure you understood what I was meaning?

obviously not, hence the confusion. And no I did not get you talking about romantic interactions in your post since that wasnt mentioned. You did talk about omitting the story arc (DPS), which was what was being discussed

obviously not, hence the confusion. And no I did not get you talking about romantic interactions in your post since that wasnt mentioned. You did talk about omitting the story arc (DPS), which was what was being discussed

Sidebar: what you think about this chick for MCU Storm?

220px-Mishael_Morgan_2014.jpg

She's Mishael Morgan, she's been a lead actress on The Young and the Restless for a couple of years now, but she's actually a really good actress. She has the attitude for Ororo down pact.

She's Mishael Morgan, she's been a lead actress on The Young and the Restless for a couple of years now, but she's actually a really good actress. She has the attitude for Ororo down pact.

Visually she could work

If Beast turns blue or furry, I want him to look like his Avengers Beast form (which was his classic furry form even for X-Men, before Jim Lee).

Beast-Marvel-Comics-McCoy-Avengers-Defenders-X-Men-a.jpg

But I use the term "Avengers Beast" because he was with that team mostly in the 70s and that's where the majority of his appearances were. John Byrne did use this Beast in Uncanny X-Men occasionally too.

I still would love to see Beast as an Avenger. Preferably Kelsey Grammar, but I can imagine that both him being Beast in Last Stand and his age could be an issue.

She has a great look for Storm. Wish she were 7 years younger, though.

Pretty. I'll check out her work when/if she's mentioned to be up for the part.

Only 5'5 though I really need a tall statuesque Storm. No more petite ladies.

Wolverine has cooties he needs to stay away from Scott & Jean

LMAO

Yup.
Let the smelly runt focus on somebody else.
Or better yet, leave him a loner.

His one true love should always be Mariko anyway.

Read what I was quoting and you'll understand.:yay:

I would love to see Beast and Wonder Man in the Avengers. They were always great together.

He was lazy. The Evolution cartoon did a great take on Wanda's power set. There's no reason they couldn't have done something like that or better.

1. Who is “he?” Do you mean the Russo Bros?

2. Can we stop calling filmmakers who made a very good film that managed to be a Cap sequel, feature almost a dozen other heroes, introduce both Spider-Man and Black Panther, include a romantic arc for Cap, create emotional stakes and several blockbuster moments (and do all of this super successfully) “lazy” because they didn’t include one element from the comics with like the eleventh most important character in the movie?

2. Can we stop calling filmmakers who made a very good film that managed to be a Cap sequel, feature almost a dozen other heroes, introduce both Spider-Man and Black Panther, include a romantic arc for Cap, create emotional stakes and several blockbuster moments (and do all of this super successfully) “lazy” because they didn’t include one element from the comics with like the eleventh most important character in the movie?

he can come back and clarify but I think the statement would be more apt for Whedon as he was the one that defined Wanda's powers in AoU. The Russos just went with the established continuity for her

Oh and I wouldnt call Wanda the 11th most important character in the film. She ranks up there and is core to the entire premise of it. Id rank her 5th after Cap, Tony, Bucky and Zemo

I meant Whedon, the Russos had nothing to do with Age of Ultron, that's the movie that introduced Wanda as a character and established her power set... The previous after credits scene in which she appeared was not enough to really showcase what her powers were about. But to be fair, it may have been something that he was told he had to do.

So let's talk costumes. Should they be a modernization of the original yellow and blue Kirby design ala:
deadpool-2-to-feature-cooler-negasonic-teenage-warhead.jpg
42e9a1714367e4fac67d1ff3800b6201.jpg

Or should they go straight for the Jim Lee looks from the 90s:
x-men-concept-art.jpg

Don't forget the costumes from the Astonshing X-Men run. Not counting Giant-size cause I have a hard time imagining them adaptating the costumes from that era. But hey, anything is possible.

Me, personally? I would like to see them start with the uniform Kirby look and then graduate into individualized suits from the Jim Lee suits. I mean, like all of the MCU heroes, their costumes will continue to evolve from film to film so it would be cool to go that route

I'm dying to see the 90's costumes, but yeah, I think for the first movie (or first appearence, who know how Marvel will do it), it could be the Kirby look. Then changing to Jim Lee suits.

Do not want the Jim Lee 90s look for X-Men. They were the worst.

Give us skull cap Cyclops. And I'd like Marvel Girl in green if she's not in her classic yellow and black.

Ideally I don't want the X-Men to have uniforms because we've seen too much of that already. Give them all individual costumes like in the 70s. Have them look non-unified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"