MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about that for some time.
I think maybe Wanda might go through a change post Avengers 4.
They might show there's more to her powers, and it's really reality altering, and not what we've seen so far.

I hope that's the way they go anyway.
I dont know how TP/TK can be spun into really being reality warping. I dont see why it should be an issue in regards to Jean anyway. Two different characters in different franchises. If we can hae multiple characters who can fly, are super strong, expert fighters, I dont think it will be a big deal if Jean has her classic TP/TK.

Wanda is really the one that messed up. They can course correct her though by having her appear in Dr. Strange and develop her as a mystic, giving her those iconic hex powers she is known for. They can also reveal her to be a latent mutant and have that be a part of her powerset following her X-gene activiation. The TP/TK came about from the mind stone manipulation and depending on how that story is concluded, she can lose them in Avengers 4

One of the gripes I had with Age of Ultron was how they made Wanda a Jean clone.
Whedon dropped the ball on that one.

IW went even further by making her a redhead and copying Jean's look from Xmen 3

One of the gripes I had with Age of Ultron was how they made Wanda a Jean clone.
Whedon dropped the ball on that one.
They should have introduced Wanda's hex magic/probability powers in CW but they had no idea that Jean would be coming back to Marvel only 3 years later - so I can't really blame them for making her derivative of Jean considering the complicated nature of Wanda's powers from the comics.

The question is - what will MCU Jean be like? They can finally dive into her backstory that all of the Fox films neglected to tell

I love the idea of Wanda learning her comics power. But I'm not sure if that's in their mind. I do hope they have more plans for Wanda.

And speaking of her, now that the deal is done and the next Avenger will most definitely undo[BLACKOUT] the deaths in IW[/BLACKOUT], in a way or another, I wonder if they do have something in mind for Pietro.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of bring dead characters back, but I feel he was so underused, unfortunately.

They should have introduced Wanda's hex magic/probability powers in CW but they had no idea that Jean would be coming back to Marvel only 3 years later - so I can't really blame them for making her derivative of Jean considering the complicated nature of Wanda's powers from the comics.

The question is - what will MCU Jean be like? They can finally dive into her backstory that all of the Fox films neglected to tell

Wanting or not, Phoenix is a big part of her identity and Marvel won't be aproaching that storyline anytime soon. So I hope they establish her as one of the core X-Men members, explore her background and the relationships she has.

Wanting or not, Phoenix is a big part of her identity and Marvel won't be aproaching that storyline anytime soon. So I hope they establish her as one of the core X-Men members, explore her background and the relationships she has.
Yes :up: Also bring back the "Marvel Girl" alter ego. It's never been used in a film before :woot:

That's why I want them to cancel Dark Phoenix's theatrical release. Marvel should leave that story open to them later down the road. Two Dark Phoenix adaptations already by Kinberg could mean Marvel never touches the story again

I think the supporting cast was actually the weaker part of SM H. Flash had more screentime than Raimi's Flash did I think, but I think was not much less generic. MJ was one note and kinda obnoxious to me. Liz seemed kinda one dimensional. Ned worked to me though.

Yeah I liked Ned but wasn’t too keen on the other supporting characters.

Yes :up: Also bring back the "Marvel Girl" alter ego. It's never been used in a film before :woot:

That's why I want them to cancel Dark Phoenix's theatrical release. Marvel should leave that story open to them later down the road. Two Dark Phoenix adaptations already by Kinberg could mean Marvel never touches the story again

Yep. Can you imagine both the Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga adapted in the MCU? With a well developed Jean? That the audience spent enough time to get to know her and care about her? And care about her relationships and how she feels? In that very well established cosmic universe? In a franchise not afraid of embracing fantasy and sci-fi?

Can you imagine how beautiful it can be? So yeah, I'd love to see Disney dropping DP to the streaming service along with New Mutants. Realistically or not.

And thats perfectly fine. There are two many stories in the 55 year history of the X-men that can be explored than needing to rehash any one thats already been told

I'm all for the Marvel Girl alter ego, especially now it would be at Marvel. No better time to use it. Stop just calling her Jean Grey and then Phoenix. Why do others get to have a secret identity name but she doesn't until she starts transforming later?

I'm all for the Marvel Girl alter ego, especially now it would be at Marvel. No better time to use it. Stop just calling her Jean Grey and then Phoenix. Why do others get to have a secret identity name but she doesn't until she starts transforming later?
Right. But the Fox movies never using that name may be a blessing in disguise because now the MCU gets to call her Marvel Girl, cementing her as MARVEL'S Jean Grey.
Yep. Can you imagine both the Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga adapted in the MCU? With a well developed Jean? That the audience spent enough time to get to know her and care about her? And care about her relationships and how she feels? In that very well established cosmic universe? In a franchise not afraid of embracing fantasy and sci-fi?

Can you imagine how beautiful it can be? So yeah, I'd love to see Disney dropping DP to the streaming service along with New Mutants. Realistically or not.
Marvel Studios' X-Men: The Phoenix Saga part 1 and 2. Would be an event film, that's for sure. Especially with proper buildup and character investment and them embracing the fantasy, sci-fi elements. Just another reason why the Last Stand was so disappointing to me, at least the audience had grown with those versions of the characters. That version of DP could have been an amazing film whereas the Kinberg version is happening with zero development and investment into the version of X-Men that debuted in Apocalypse. Either way, the ingredients for a proper DP story are already in the MCU with the fleshed out cosmic universe.
And thats perfectly fine. There are two many stories in the 55 year history of the X-men that can be explored than needing to rehash any one thats already been told
That's true but the Phoenix saga is undoubtedly one of the most iconic if not THE most iconic X-Men story. There are plenty of other stories for Marvel to adapt but it's a shame that Marvel may never get to adapt one of the most iconic comic book stories of all time in the MCU because of the rushed mess that Kinberg has created.

That's why they should dump it. Leave the door open for an MCU Pheoenix adaptation down the road

I'm perfectly fine with them adapting the millions of other stories the X-Men has and exploring unexplored places. But the deal is so, so close. And, like Marvel United said above, Dark Phoenix is one of their most iconic storylines. And not only that, is the most important story for a character that I want to be central when joining the MCU.

I'd rather see that story in the MCU than under FOX.

Its a codename, not a secret identity. The X-men didnt have one in the Fox films. With that said, Marvel Girl never made sense for the movies bc she was a grown woman in her 30s, not a young girl. I suppose they could have gone with that in Apocalypse, but I cant recall if they even gave the kids at the school codenames

That's true but the Phoenix saga is undoubtedly one of the most iconic if not THE most iconic X-Men story. There are plenty of other stories for Marvel to adapt but it's a shame that Marvel may never get to adapt one of the most iconic comic book stories of all time in the MCU because of the rushed mess that Kinberg has created.

That's why they should dump it. Leave the door open for an MCU Pheoenix adaptation down the road
I think its very limiting to keep going back to that. Its ironic how people want Marvel to go in a different direction than what Fox did but just want them to rehash a story they've done (twice) even if the movie would be different. Keeping this off the table should force them to look at other iconic stories or lesser known great ones to adapt which have yet to see the light of day. All roads should not keep leading back to the same one.

Dark Phoenix will likely release and it should be allowed to be the swan song to the Foxverse. Its fans, supporters, not to mention cast and crew deserve at least that before everything is gutted and we start over in a brand new era of X-men films

I don't want Dark Phoenix again. I'd rather have Jean be a long term member of the MCU X-team without a death sentence hanging over her for once. And now that the story's been told there's no reason to tell it again anytime soon. It's one thing repeating a story in comics when a hundred or so other stories come in between. In film we've only had a handful of stories so to start repeating already will make the source material look extremely limited to the GA.

I think its very limiting to keep going back to that. Its ironic how people want Marvel to go in a different direction than what Fox did but just want them to rehash a story they've done (twice) even if the movie would be different. Keeping this off the table should force them to look at other iconic stories or lesser known great ones to adapt which have yet to see the light of day. All roads should not keep leading back to the same one.

Yes, twice. This story is being adapted for the second time. We just wanted it to be in a better place, with well developed characters, and all other elements Marvel can provide.

I completely understand your point about adapting a storyline that has been adapted before. But this is an iconic storyline and very beloved. And wanting or not, it does become part of Jean's identity. Marvel will certainly keep their distance from it, but they'll eventually approach the phoenix idea, because it is part of Jean's identity.

I guess I’m the only one who finds the Dark Phoenix story wildly overrated....

One storyline I hope we eventually get to see is Fatal Attractions.

main-qimg-38ce2c001cefa4673ada76bf4a0ad0d6-c

So much can come from that. Could lead into an X-Men/Avengers crossover movie where they have to take on Onslaught, and/or a Wolverine MCU solo where he comes to grips with his bone claws and he takes on the Hulk again or something.

Yes, twice. This story is being adapted for the second time. We just wanted it to be in a better place, with well developed characters, and all other elements Marvel can provide.

I completely understand your point about adapting a storyline that has been adapted before. But this is an iconic storyline and very beloved. And wanting or not, it does become part of Jean's identity. Marvel will certainly keep their distance from it, but they'll eventually approach the phoenix idea, because it is part of Jean's identity.

They can go the Phoenix route without doing the Dark Phoenix Saga. Like Iceman, Id rather not have death looming over Jean's head

One storyline I hope we eventually get to see is Fatal Attractions.

main-qimg-38ce2c001cefa4673ada76bf4a0ad0d6-c

So much can come from that. Could lead into an X-Men/Avengers crossover movie where they have to take on Onslaught, and/or a Wolverine MCU solo where he comes to grips with his bone claws and he takes on the Hulk again or something.

The teams fighting over the fate of Xavier would likely be better than what we got in the books with them fighting over Hope

Yeah I'd love to have the xmen include jean and not include her death or the love triangle.

I just wanna really get to know Jean as a person, the way we've gotten to know Tony and Steve and Peter and all the other heavies. That way when the looming threat of the Phoenix Force finally emerges, it actually means something besides a light show.

I'd be thrilled if they call her Marvel Girl. Anything from the beginning of X-Men would be fine except the sex ratio and Hank's Kirby design.

Tbh, I don't want Hank to start off blue. The ape-like proportions on him is something we've never seen before

Yeah I'd love to have the xmen include jean and not include her death or the love triangle.

But that's not comic accurate. I mean I could definitely do without the death part or delay it until her 10th film but to omit a very important story arc that was at play since Clarmont introduced them seems odd. I thought the reason why we all wanted Marvel to have the rights back was to make it more comic accurate not less...

So let's talk costumes. Should they be a modernization of the original yellow and blue Kirby design ala:
deadpool-2-to-feature-cooler-negasonic-teenage-warhead.jpg
42e9a1714367e4fac67d1ff3800b6201.jpg

Or should they go straight for the Jim Lee looks from the 90s:
x-men-concept-art.jpg

Don't forget the costumes from the Astonshing X-Men run. Not counting Giant-size cause I have a hard time imagining them adaptating the costumes from that era. But hey, anything is possible.

Me, personally? I would like to see them start with the uniform Kirby look and then graduate into individualized suits from the Jim Lee suits. I mean, like all of the MCU heroes, their costumes will continue to evolve from film to film so it would be cool to go that route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"