Memo to parents: Stop pimping out your kids for Youtube hits.

I'm not afraid of being in a situation like that. If my child were, I'd hope I would be.

Which would be an immediate, emotional response not based on logic. That doesn't make it bad parenting for someone to not be bothered by it, all it means is that they took a moment to say "Oh, wait a minute, it's perfectly safe, that's fine."

And please, you're better than the route you're taking. By your logic, I could make an asinine claim myself. I could claim that spending 10 years in prison could be necessary because it's also an experience will shape your life. Although in all honesty, your extreme claim doesn't really work anyway as there's no benefit you could get out of it. Especially not at 4 or 5 years old not knowing any better. The only way it could shape you is if the animal broke out and severely injured you... Oh... Right.

That's entirely my point. It is asinine to say it's a basic necessity of life. I'm not saying it's a basic necessity of life. What I am saying is that driving your car to the zoo isn't, either. There are plenty of ways to gain life experiences that are, statistically, less dangerous than driving to the zoo. And yet we consider it to be an acceptable risk. So, when you're at the zoo, doing something much less dangerous than actually driving to the zoo, there's no reason that shouldn't be considered an acceptable risk as well.

Last edited:
Judging by your logic. Why not dangle your baby over a balcony like Michael Jackson? You get as much out of that experience as the scenario presented in this topic. But hey, as long as you have a good grasp, it's not as dangerous as other daily ordinary tasks that are needed to live a normal life. Then again. Let's think about what you would get out of this experience. Oh right, nothing. At all. Which is my point.

I feel like a broken record at this point.

Judging by your logic. Why not dangle your baby over a balcony like Michael Jackson? You get as much out of that experience as the scenario presented in this topic. But hey, as long as you have a good grasp, it's not as dangerous as other daily ordinary tasks that are needed to live a normal life. Then again. Let's think about what you would get out of this experience. Oh right, nothing. At all. Which is my point.

I feel like a broken record at this point.

But that is way more dangerous. People's arms get tired. They lose their grip. They can get cramps and have muscle spasms. Our arms aren't designed to hang babies over ledges safely, unlike those class walls, which are designed to allow people to get that close to those animals safely.

Again, my point was never based around how much you get out of experiences. You brought that up. My point is that driving to the zoo is no more of a necessity to life than getting really real close to the glass at the zoo while being more dangerous, but people still do it anyway because it only seems less dangerous. And that's a very silly way to look at the world and you're not a bad parent for allowing your child to do something that presents an illusion of danger but you know actually isn't dangerous at all.

I didn't suggest that going to the zoo with children makes you a bad parent or that it's highly dangerous.

As far as a car goes. Yes it is basically a requirement with a child. I'm a grown man and it's hard enough for me to get around on foot and take care of daily routines. If you have no vehicle, you shouldn't be making babies to begin with. That's incredibly selfish and unfair to the child.

You are saying going to the zoo is dangerous because there's always going to be a kid near the glass and if the glass did break, it's not just the kid in front of the glass that's going to get attacked.

Also, it is not a requirement to have a car with a child. You live in a major city everything you need will be in walking distance. When I lived in Chicago I'd sometimes go a month without getting in my car, was able to accomplish everything I needed without any problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"