MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I'd be more upset by the Flash being upstaged...if only he weren't being played by Ezra.

As he is being played by Ezra, I couldn't give a flying **** lol. Also it's Michael Keaton. I mean, come on.

Agreed. That's the thing about this whole situation--you know Batman being in a film is going to overshadow any other character, at least in terms of audience interest. Even if the film is made correctly and the focus is still squarely on the titular hero... Batman being there still shifts focus away. He has that kind of power. If it were a proper Flash film with a properly cast Barry, I'd be mad about Batman being shoehorned in.

But Miller's Barry is so NOT Barry Allen that I'm literally only anticipating this movie for Bats. Even moreso for Keaton. But you'll notice it took Batman being in this film for it to finally materialize. That's WB in action, baby.

Yeah, but i dont know if i would blame Miller for that.
The writing for Flash in the snyderverse is just not good and it makes barry easily look pretty bad.
Look at the CW show too, when its written good then Gustin delivers a good barry allen, but when the writing for the character is bad...boy is he cringy.

I do think Miller can pull it off with good writing and direction...but yeah, im mainly excited for this because of Keaton.
Which is a shame considering its the very first Flash movie we get.
It should be all about Flash, we should be hyped as hell for Barry getting his first solo movie.

But who knows what the future brings, there is a lot possible.

Its like Keaton is supposed to be Doc Brown and Ezra Marty McFly. Like Shazam was the DC version of Big and this is their Back to the Future.

I love Keaton as Batman I hope he is front and center in the trailer...

... and if there vis a scene with Affleck and Keaton in the trailer I will be so excited
:up:

I'd be more upset by the Flash being upstaged...if only he weren't being played by Ezra.

As he is being played by Ezra, I couldn't give a flying **** lol. Also it's Michael Keaton. I mean, come on.

...Miller's Barry is so NOT Barry Allen that I'm literally only anticipating this movie for Bats. Even moreso for Keaton. But you'll notice it took Batman being in this film for it to finally materialize. That's WB in action, baby.

Anything I added would simply be repetition! :yay:

I wonder if Affleck and Keaton are front and center in the first trailer how long it will take fan trailer creators to just create a Batman film trailer with their dialogue/scenes lol

It'd be nice if it did. But the film is ultimately based around the Flash. And I just don't like the smell of what Ezra's been shovelling in either cut of JL. So I can imagine coming away feeling like there's a huge hole in the centre of this movie.

Come to that, I just don't see anything likable or intrinsically heroic-seeming about Miller as a screen presence. He just looks and feels much better suited to playing slimy, cowardly characters. So with the main role being played by someone so fundamentally unsuited to play that role, I think the film's ultimately going to be just a soulless showcase for awesome Batman fanwank.

And that's great for me, as I'm much more of a Batman fan. But the Flash fan in me is still going to be left feeling disappointed to a certain extent.

AWESOME!!!! I can see the The Returns suit is the "base" or "inspiration" for the new suit. You can see the similar breast plate armor. However, The difference that stands out to me is the curved lines coming out on both sides of the emblem toward the upper sides. That looks like a recessed line so its not a folded over cape. Flex point for armor plating? Its definitely a big difference compared to the Returns suit which still had the scalloped style cowl similar to 89. Perhaps this Keaton suit he will also be able to turn his head.....

You know what, after years and years of waiting for a batsuit that would allow the actor to turn his head, I kind of wish Keaton won't have one. The body language he developed is part of his interpretation, he used that limitation it to be that monolithic creepy shadow ...
What I hope though is that his new costume won't be a pain to wear. He is older now and I want this experience to be joyful for him.

Man, IDK. I don't love the idea of it being mo-capped.

That said, if that's the case, I'm pretty confident that it's being done 100% to accommodate Keaton, who never seemed to be a fan of getting into the rubber suit and I could see that being a demand with him at this age. I just really hope it looks photo real, or it's gonna hurt the immersion for me. I could see them putting a real mask on him and mo-capping the rest. I'd hope he would at least wear a mask. I think that part of it is important for a Batman actor getting into character.

You know what, after years and years of waiting for a batsuit that would allow the actor to turn his head, I kind of wish Keaton won't have one. The body language he developed is part of his interpretation, he used that limitation it to be that monolithic creepy shadow ...
What I hope though is that his new costume won't be a pain to wear. He is older now and I want this experience to be joyful for him.
Yes, this. I hope the costume is comfortable enough for Keaton the actor that he can turn his head if he wants to, but that onscreen as Batman he doesn't.

Man, IDK. I don't love the idea of it being mo-capped.

That said, if that's the case, I'm pretty confident that it's being done 100% to accommodate Keaton, who never seemed to be a fan of getting into the rubber suit and I could see that being a demand with him at this age. I just really hope it looks photo real, or it's gonna hurt the immersion for me. I could see them putting a real mask on him and mo-capping the rest. I'd hope he would at least wear a mask. I think that part of it is important for a Batman actor getting into character.
Agree with all of this.

It'd be nice if it did. But the film is ultimately based around the Flash. And I just don't like the smell of what Ezra's been shovelling in either cut of JL. So I can imagine coming away feeling like there's a huge hole in the centre of this movie.

Come to that, I just don't see anything likable or intrinsically heroic-seeming about Miller as a screen presence. He just looks and feels much better suited to playing slimy, cowardly characters. So with the main role being played by someone so fundamentally unsuited to play that role, I think the film's ultimately going to be just a soulless showcase for awesome Batman fanwank.

And that's great for me, as I'm much more of a Batman fan. But the Flash fan in me is still going to be left feeling disappointed to a certain extent.
100%. Fairly or not due to the script, the Flash we’ve seen so far has come off as whiny, blubbering child. He doesn’t need to have Captain America levels of stoicism but I can’t imagine watching 2 hours of just his jittery personality on screen.

Man I am so stoked to see Keaton back as Batman! Now I just want to hear Batdance in the background while he’s kicking ass in his new mech suit

Also why does Ezra always look so creepy/michael jacksonesque in all his photos

E4TKZjRWQAIt1Q6

E4TKZjaXoAMCil6

source

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95