My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

I have looked at it a few times and thought the yellow and red looked uneven but I think it might be an illusion. I think the red is raised higher than the yellowm
Where the red and yellow meet, the red has a slight curve upward. Or am I seeing things?
I've been wrong before, and will be again.

EDIT. I see now. There is a recess or small crevice between the yellow and red. So it is all probably the same height.

Last edited:
I think the elements (at least in the centre of the sheild) are the same height, it just dips because of the stitching/where the different parts meet, like a football.

Hand-Stitching-University-28-Inches-5-Football.jpg

Its an extreme close up, from a distance I really think it'll be fine. Really doesn't look like the texture overshadows the design, unlike the BVS / JL suit

Oh I like it. I'm not complaining a bit.

All the artist renderings I’ve seen so far keep missing the curvy yellow edges. Like, look at the top border in the photo - there’s definitely some curvature happening there, y’all!

Random note, just from looking at the MoS pic above - I’m really glad we’re avoiding the shiny look this time.
I was just showing that as a scale example of size in ratio to his body... (it was a very quick edit) so didn't really have time to wrap it to look more formfitting

To my eyes, it ( the actual S ) looks slightly raised.

View attachment 81901

I have looked at it a few times and thought the yellow and red looked uneven but I think it might be an illusion. I think the red is raised higher than the yellow
to me it doesn't seem like one is raised over the other... it looks more like they are to separate pieces that into lock like a puzzle (you can see the grooved and tapered edges)

which I'm not sure I like how deep those ridges look, makes it seem like the shield is very thick and solid... not something that is going to couture to his body... that might make his movement kind of stiff in appearance

I think the elements (at least in the centre of the sheild) are the same height, it just dips because of the stitching/where the different parts meet, like a football.

Hand-Stitching-University-28-Inches-5-Football.jpg

Its an extreme close up, from a distance I really think it'll be fine. Really doesn't look like the texture overshadows the design, unlike the BVS / JL suit

yes, a soccer ball is a good analogy to what I was trying to say...
(didn't see this post till after I already posted mine)

at the very least, it doesn't look like something you could just wear under shirt, an it not be noticeable

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the KC symbol as it isn't traditional, specially for the start of a franchise... but that's only a small nitpick. The cast is superb, and Gunn is amazing as a director. Can't wait. :super:

I still appreciate that film for what it was. Far from my favorite Superman movie but also far from my least favorite. Even with the shortcomings of it, I have never felt Brandon was a problem. I thought he did great and was fun seeing him back in the Arrowverse.
I actually like that film more than I dislike it for sure. I wasn’t overly impressed with Bosworth as Lois, and the whole thing of Superman spying on her family seemed to be an odd choice. But as a whole I thought there were a lot of moments that I liked and I actually really liked Routh in the role quite a bit.

I actually like that film more than I dislike it for sure. I wasn’t overly impressed with Bosworth as Lois, and the whole thing of Superman spying on her family seemed to be an odd choice. But as a whole I thought there were a lot of moments that I liked and I actually really liked Routh in the role quite a bit.
And the art deco aesthetic is unmatched.

Is it actually rounded? I couldn’t tell if it was that or just the close-up effect getting a bit fish-eyed.

Yep, it is rounded. If you look at the edges of the "S", they are still straight so if it was the fisheye effect everything would be rounded. The yellow and red borders also have slightly different curvatures.

He was trying to play me against the world lol.

I never understood the dislike for the Superman Returns suit. Still don't. That suit reveal was still so damn cool.
Really? That suit is absolutely atrocious. The t-shirt collar, the small speedos, small “S”, those really funky looking boots. Then to top it off, not only did the suit look flat and boring, there were “S” symbols everywhere…literally everywhere. Even under the boots. It had no imagination whatsoever.

I have a ton of nice things to say about Returns. It doesn’t totally work but it has way more positives than negatives.

Really? That suit is absolutely atrocious. The t-shirt collar, the small speedos, small “S”, those really funky looking boots. Then to top it off, not only did the suit look flat and boring, there were “S” symbols everywhere…literally everywhere. Even under the boots. It had no imagination whatsoever.
X-Men's black leather outfits should've clued us into how bad Singer is with superhero costumes. His best costumes were the future costumes from Days of Future Past, but even those are pretty generic and unimaginative compared to modern superhero costumes.

It might well be nostalgia fuelled bias talking, but I'm actually fond of the black leather outfits from the OG films. I think they were right for the time.

It might well be nostalgia fuelled bias talking, but I'm actually fond of the black leather outfits from the OG films. I think they were right for the time.
FOR SURE! In 2000, we were fresh off of Blade and The Matrix so black leather was ALL the rage. If they tried to do bright blue and yellow suits, it might've been giving Batman & Robin or Mystery Men vibes. And I'd also argue that, when taking all of the high budget Hollywood superhero costumes into account, X-Men's black leather suits are near the bottom...along with the Superman Returns suit. :lol:

I think the main reason I'm looking forward to a full OFFICIAL reveal is because I need to see David actually in the suit and how it looks on him.

Most of photo manips I've seen online just look like his head on a different body. I just don't see Superman yet.

I hope what I'm saying is coming out right, because it's not David. He physically looks the part.

I always consider the Superman saving the plane scene as my favorite scene across all Superman media. I hope we get an awesome scene where there is some outrageous crisis, that even in a world filled with Superheroes, people still know, "This looks like a job for Superman!"

because who, but Superman, would be able to catch a plane out of the air? Not many
and it would have to be in the pursuit of saving people, not just stopping the bad guy.

So Superman's mom also makes the underwear on the outside of the suit? I know they from Kansas, but come on.

#nopantiesonthesuit

Wearing underwear over your pants never made sense, so I have a solution.

Keep the red undies. Ditch the pants.

well, when your wearing a onepeice fitted jump suit, those trunks come in handy "when you gotta go, you gotta go" it beats a button flap in the back lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"