My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

200w.gif

Just post all that weird AI generated shirt like everyone else.
My bad, lemme just...

1713989892535.png

That poster is actually great, but yeah, I don’t love the belt.

Eh. Feels alien. I like it. But I also don't mind trunks. The blocking of it just works.

images

GHTPxxqaQAAeJd4.jpg

Who needs AI when someone with above average Photoshop skills can achieve this. :p

I do wonder what, and where, the suit comes from, and what it's made from.

Will it be a simple my mom helped me make it from the material from inside my crashed ship?

Or, will it be given to him in the FOS like in superman the movie and MoS.

Or, will it be given to him ( in the FOS ) but just as the \S/ shield. It would be Nano tech, and it can make any article of clothing.
The superman suit and his everyday clothing can come from it, and all are indestructible.

It's Gunn, he loves alien tech in his films, so I wouldn't rule something as wild as that out.

Personally, I prefer option 2. He gets a fully formed suit from the FOS.

Last edited:
Why can't Pa Kent make it? I mean, it's 2024 and if we can believe a man can fly, surely we can believe a man can sew?

It’d be nice if Superman could make his own costume for a change. Dude almost never gets to pick what he’ll wear or what he’s called these days :funny:

I’d betting Gunn will either likely go the homemade route or not address it at all

I do wonder what, and where, the suit comes from, and what it's made from.

Will it be a simple my mom helped me make it from the material from inside my crashed ship?

Or, will it be given to him in the FOS like in superman the movie and MoS...
In terms of the nerdy minutia… :nerd:

A Kryptonian origin for the suit could rationalize the trunks. I.e., an alien society will have alien fashion sensibilities; and that pretext can justify any and all details about the iconic suit — including the traditional trunks.

It’s a tad trickier with the “My Mom made it” approach. Arguably, Ma Kent being inspired by the “circus strongman” motif made sense back in the 1940s. But a 30-year-old Supes in 2025 would have been born in 1995. And the notion of a suit design would have come up years after that. So inspiration from the Barnum & Bailey era in (say) 2015 or later might be a bit of a stretch.

Of course, there’s always good old willing suspension of disbelief. Under that scheme, any suit design (with or without trunks) can be made compatible with any suit origin.

From the same artist:

Much better IMO. Trunks >>>>

They got lazy with that belt one. I already did the trunks let me just make this blue... What do you mean that's too thick to be a belt?

In terms of the nerdy minutia… :nerd:

A Kryptonian origin for the suit could rationalize the trunks. I.e., an alien society will have alien fashion sensibilities; and that pretext can justify any and all details about the iconic suit — including the traditional trunks.

It’s a tad trickier with the “My Mom made it” approach. Arguably, Ma Kent being inspired by the “circus strongman” motif made sense back in the 1940s. But a 30-year-old Supes in 2025 would have been born in 1995. And the notion of a suit design would have come up years after that. So inspiration from the Barnum & Bailey era in (say) 2015 or later might be a bit of a stretch.

Of course, there’s always good old willing suspension of disbelief. Under that scheme, any suit design (with or without trunks) can be made compatible with any suit origin.
Yup. It's really hard to say or predict what Gunn will choose to do.
As you said, he may simply choose to ignore the suit origin, or, he may go into extreme detail.

Superman.png

Messed around in MS Paint, but I think a simple belt even a singular color could work as well. I cheated of course and used shadowing because I'm lazy. 🙃

This is actually part of my head cannon. My ideal Krypton is based on the golden age, astropunk/atompunk aesthetic, where the fashion is similar to Supes's costume.

1714165515228.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"