• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

YUCK!

Maybe it will look better in a different pose and in movement. But for now.... that High collar looks hideous.
The way it's just a straight cut collar looks awkward, almost as if it's meant to have a cowl attachment. I know that's not the case, but it has that look to it.
For the record, this is coming from someone that didn't mind the New 52 designs and Supes collar in those comics. The collar would NEVER be my first design choice, but it could have been done much better than this.

I'm remaining open minded a hope some additional photos will change my mind. But, They can't please everyone and if I'm one of those, so be it.

Last edited:
This collar is probably the only instance where I'm actually kind of okay with it. At least for now. It might just be the angle that's making it bearable for me.

New suit is different than what I expected but I do like it. It looks like a modern, functional uniform instead of cheap spandex. While still looking recognizable as Superman. Also like the size and look of the S Shield. And David looks great! Can't wait to see more! :legacy:

Really don't get the MoS-like or "it's cheap" takes. But to each his own. I'm fine with this. The idea that he just mashed stuff together without any thought is also absurd. "A mess"? I can't agree with that. Just reads like hyperbole from fans who didn't get precisely what they'd want.

I’m okay with it! It’s definitely different than what we’ve had before. Overall, I’m not in love with it, but I also don’t hate it. It’s an interesting design without committing any atrocities (*cough* Superman Returns *cough*)....
3. I’m not crazy about all the prominent texture and geometric piping. I was hoping for something simpler.

Generally, I don’t mind the piping/“lines”/texture on the Supes suit. I think it adds a measure of authenticity and verisimilitude. I.e., it’s not a garment that you could just pick up at the leotard department of Walmart. :cwink: But the key, IMO, is subtlety. The detail you notice in closeup shouldn’t be obvious at a distance. At a distance, the suit should have a more “classic” look. Hard to tell from The Photo how conspicuous (or not) the suit embellishments will be in most/other scenes.

As for the high collar, I don’t mind that either. Though… I’m intrigued by the argument that a high collar only goes with no trunks. I’ll have to cogitate on that.

w8iaqpnopkab1.gif

There are aspects of the design I'm not hot on, but I think (hope) my biggest point of contention here is the image itself. Superman, looking like a sourpuss, sitting slouched over in a purple-saturated room. Incredibly odd choice of photo for a first reveal.

There are aspects of the design I'm not hot on, but I think (hope) my biggest point of contention here is the image itself. Superman, looking like a sourpuss, sitting slouched over in a purple-saturated room. Incredibly odd choice of photo for a first reveal.
I don't understand why this is a trend for movie Supermen. Like what's wrong with us seeing the full suit?

Hell even Superman & Lois let us see the suit:

nnlhvss0g4sa1.jpg

It beats me. But I'll be curious to see this suit in full and in broad daylight.

It looks like a cosplay of the cw suit, how the hell is he supposed to. Hide what is essentially a motercycle jumpsuit under his clothes lol. Even if it's like he hits his belt and it grows on him it's till too thick. Superman doesn't need armor but yet,... I don't know I'll reserve my final judgement based on how it looks in the film but first impression is a major disappointment.

The sad this is, this suit looks so much better
All that suit needs is a wider neckline and a bigger shield. The belt should have a yellow buckle and it would be great to me.

Collar idea is ok, if you do the throat cut out.

When did people start hating the uniforms from Guardians of the Galaxy?

Just saying it looks like a fan "update" cosplay update of the first season of the cw suit

View attachment 89533

View attachment 89534

I understand your point, but it just doesn't click for me. People going with the "fanmade/cosplay" insult insinuates that it's cheaply cobbled together or plain rudementary. I just wholeheartedly disagree with that in regards to this suit. Not liking the design is one thing. I don't love it either. It's just fine for me overall. But the craftmanship can't be denied imo.

Why is the design bad for Superman?

Well, before today, have you ever looked at any of the GoTG uniforms & said to yourself or aloud, that would make a good Superman suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"