NATALIE PORTMAN is Thor!

Thor seems to still have feelings for Jane Foster from what we saw in AEG.
The way he explained the story about the Aether and how they supposedly cured her in Asgard might be some bread crumbs leading to the possibility of her never getting totally cured... hence the whole Jane Foster Thor storyline coming into play.

I’m so glad to see her story continue beyond the dark world. Let’s be honest, marvel rarely get things wrong but getting an academy award winning actress just to faint all the time was not a strong move. Plus the mighty Thor is just so cool

One of the coolest things to come out of SDCC. I love me some Natalie Portman, so this is just incredible. Really hope they find a way to have her wield Mjolnir.

Imagine if they revealed Darcy was enchantress the whole time haha

With Taika at the helm i trust him to take the best out of his cast.
In Ragnarok one of the many highlights where the caracter work and how well they played off each other. Give Natalie Portman some more depth and drama like the character of JFT in the comics so she can really make a statement.

I’m expecting a much better character written for Portman, and a much better performance from her.

I like her character. The whole sequence when she gets taken to Asgard and meets Frigga was very warming up until Friggas death, which worked emotionally. It showed the potential chemistry between the 2 if given the right material to work with.

She must have been promised a more integral role to entice her back, lets see what Waiti has in store.

It's kind of funny how Toy Story 4 and Thor 4 are essentially doing the same thing in regards to bringing back the hero's old love interest in a more action-oriented role.

But anyway, I was iffy about the idea at first but I've come around. I did really love the first Thor movie and it always felt weird how Ragnarok unceremoniously ditched such a major character from the first two movies.

I wonder if Thor will still be fat when he sees Jane again.

I like her character. The whole sequence when she gets taken to Asgard and meets Frigga was very warming up until Friggas death, which worked emotionally. It showed the potential chemistry between the 2 if given the right material to work with.

She must have been promised a more integral role to entice her back, lets see what Waiti has in store.

Apparently she was convinced after just one meeting with Taika:

Natalie Portman Returns as Thor in New Film: 'She Was in Right Away'

I hope they bring they bring something unique and different about Jane being The Mighty Thor, like in the comics.

I hope they bring they bring something unique and different about Jane being The Mighty Thor, like in the comics.
I would prefer very like the comics, as in in the same story. Have her battling with an illness to which she will eventually succumb to. How often is a superhero film going to tell a story like that?

You know what’s an interesting angle? In the comics there’s Donald Blake so Thor is at least part mortal but in the movies this is not the case. So as well as the obvious, the mighty Thor is the first part human asgardian

In Thor and Ragnarok, Thor has his iconic helmet for one scene but in this new movie, I really hope that female Thor has a helmet. The female Thor has such a distinctive look that not having the helmet will make her look like a different character.

I"m kind of curious to see on what would happen around here IF (this is a big if) Natalie ended up not only getting top billing in this film and replaced Chris as the new Thor of the MCU like how she did in the comics (for awhile at least). Would fans be accepting of that idea like how they have been with the notion of Supergirl replacing Superman?

I"m kind of curious to see on what would happen around here IF (this is a big if) Natalie ended up not only getting top billing in this film and replaced Chris as the new Thor of the MCU like how she did in the comics (for awhile at least). Would fans be accepting of that idea like how they have been with the notion of Supergirl replacing Superman?
We know one thing for certain. @herolee10 would be having the mother of all meltdowns, again. :cwink::D:

We know one thing for certain. @herolee10 would be having the mother of all meltdowns, again. :cwink::D:

lol; I think I would have two years ago. But after going through the whole Superman fiasco in Justice League and having to accept on what became of Thor in "Endgame", I've comes to the point where I just don't care as much anymore.

My all time favorite character has retired from the MCU (Captain America) and I was satisfied with his ending (even though some weren't unfortunately).

If Thor being replaced by Jane is really the next route that Marvel is heading for then so be it.

lol; I think I would have two years ago. But after going through the whole Superman fiasco in Justice League and having to accept on what became of Thor in "Endgame", I've comes to the point where I just don't care as much anymore.

My all time favorite character has retired from the MCU (Captain America) and I was satisfied with his ending (even though some weren't unfortunately).

If Thor being replaced by Jane is really the next route that Marvel is heading for then so be it.
Haha, yeah you are calmer than you were during the Superman stuff. To answer the question I am
totally happy with whatever they do with female
Thor. Ideally I want to see them recreate her arc from the comics.

But separately I want Hemsworth’s Thor to continue for another 20 years. I might not get that but that’s what I want and if I don’t get that then I’d rather have female Thor than no Thor. It’s not a proper substitute, just a different character with a different appeal as well as some crossover in abilities and reusing of the mythology (which I prefer to no use).

The best thing is no one can take away Ragnarok or Thor’s performance in IW. Same goes for something like LotR. I want them to keep trying to bring me new content like the show. But if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. I’ll be disappointed but I’ll always have the films, and if the films didn’t work I’d have the books. (and if the books had been crap I would have ordered a pizza or gone for a run or something :cwink:).

The Fat Thor Joke went on for far too long. It was funny at first but it just kept going. Ugh!

I love fat Thor. It’s great to know I finally got the body type of Thor

One of the comic writers recently said "They didn't know what to do with Thor so they turned him into Volstagg"
and that, sadly, rings very true

I will probably be in the minority, but not really looking forward to or expecting much from this sequel. Perhaps I am jaded by her beyond abysmal performance in SW Ep1-3, but I just don't think she is a very talent actress. I also think it pandering and dumb when Marvel and MCU change genders etc just because. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Captain Marvel this year, and rank Ilyana (Majik), She-Hulk, and Rogue are amongst my favorites. What I don't like is when the writers do things just to appease perceived wrongs of before. If you want powerful female characters, I support it. Create them, promote them, and see what the market supports. Don't take a popular character, do a gender change, and think it's just business as usual. Somehow I think this might be Marvel's 1st big flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"