NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

basketball IQ Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>just about everybody
Agreed. This should not be a knock on Westbrook.

I really don’t understand why it is so en Vogue to rip on the guy.

i dont "rip" on the guy but i just have a hard time with him when it comes to team basketball. when it comes to putting up numbers, yeah he can get stats, but if he's not the #1 option on offense, he struggles.

and yes, i know he averaged triple doubles so he was getting assists, but his turnovers to assists do not make for a great combo

Curious question: if you were to pick a point guard right now who you would build your team around for the next 10 years, who would it be? And who would be your runners up?

Curious question: if you were to pick a point guard right now who you would build your team around for the next 10 years, who would it be? And who would be your runners up?
If someone doesn't say Doncic, keep them away from Florida real estate.
Then it gets a little tougher.....Young, Fox, Morant...maybe in that order??

I forgot Ben Simmons LOL

i'd take Doncic. i wonder how he'd do as a consistent SG with a strong PG.

i'd take Doncic. i wonder how he'd do as a consistent SG with a strong PG.

Yeah. He's the no brainer, but that's an interesting question. I think he'd be just fine. I think over the next few years, he'll develop more consistency from 3 land and things are going to get ugly.

If doncic had a PG who was a facilitator first, scorer second, I wonder how well he would thrive or if he works best with the ball running through him?

I’m trying to think of a facilitator first, strong PG and no one aside from vets like CP and Rondo immediately come to mind. maybe Trae of the young guns but even though he’s known to be a scorer first, his passing is underrated.

My problem with Westbrook is his decision making he just horrible in late game situations but his stats say he's a superstar I just don't think he is

Luka is the obvious answer for first pick PG age wise but Steph still playing so thats my guy

another shot at westbrook :ali: against the suns he did that dumb baby cradle move after he hit a shot on booker when they were down in the game u just dont do that than book embarrasses them at other end he clowns the lakers bench [thx brook] i just can't stand the guy lol

Lol. I love Westbrook. He’s the Ric Flair of the NBA (unfortunately minus the titles.)

When I posed the question, I wasn’t thinking about Luka just because I can’t help but think that he’d be better at the 2. That’s just me. But yeah, he’s the best right now.

I do think there are some really good pure point guards out there right now, even after Luka.

I’d go, Murray (though a scorer), Fox, Young, Morant, SGA.

Morant with a little more seasoning is going to be a monster now hes just a beast lol

Lakers going life and death every game lol.
2 in a row!!!! :funny:

Winning without LBJ means something I suppose. Man, I just can't see AD getting through the season without spending a lot of time on the DL. LBJ might be in that category too.

If they are healthy 12 or so games in and are still having problems, it's probably a sign of trouble. I'll say one thing about Westbrook. The dude goes hard.

chicago looks good, first time 4-0 in at least 20 years i think?

2 in a row!!!! :funny:

Winning without LBJ means something I suppose. Man, I just can't see AD getting through the season without spending a lot of time on the DL. LBJ might be in that category too.

If they are healthy 12 or so games in and are still having problems, it's probably a sign of trouble. I'll say one thing about Westbrook. The dude goes hard.

I think this could be formula for them to make this work to get better seeding than #7 last year its clear now AD and LBJ can't go through a 82 game grind and be ready for playoff basket west can get them through these early games and give lbj rest but will he like taking a back seat come playoff time. Still early but don't see Westbrook and LBJ ever being able to co exist on the floor together. Yes Westbrook goes hard that I can't deny

Westbrook with a Quadrupel double but not one u want
but hey let Russ be Russ
Shannon Sharpe almost blew a gasket today on undisputed lol

I was Disappointed we didn't get the position to draft Zion and settled for RJ Barret now with how Zion has been missing games coming in outvof shape im glad we got Barret the kid this year has been great defensively for us

I was Disappointed we didn't get the position to draft Zion and settled for RJ Barret now with how Zion has been missing games coming in outvof shape im glad we got Barret the kid this year has been great defensively for us
Zion had the chance to be a more athletic Charles Barkley. But unfortunately his body can’t withstand the punishment of being a professional athlete. What concerns me is that he makes statements about how he doesn’t want to slim down because then he wouldn’t be strong. But I guarantee that his extra weight is putting a huge toll on his body and leading to injuries.

Your Knicks put together a really nice roster. Immanuel Quickley was a brilliant pick. It was clear in college that he has a huge basketball IQ and a big motor. And he can shoot the lights out. Randle is maybe the most likable player in the NBA. I’m surprised that he has found success but I’m glad to see it. I thought he was too small to play the 4 and too stocky to play the 3. But he just keeps plugging away. And Barrett is a star.

Your Knicks put together a really nice roster. Immanuel Quickley was a brilliant pick. It was clear in college that he has a huge basketball IQ and a big motor. And he can shoot the lights out. Randle is maybe the most likable player in the NBA. I’m surprised that he has found success but I’m glad to see it. I thought he was too small to play the 4 and too stocky to play the 3. But he just keeps plugging away. And Barrett is a star.

our unsung hero has been Derrick Rose he has been an extension of Tibbs and the whole team has bought in to playing defense that may wear thin in the long run but for now the team puts in the effort something we haven't done in a VERY LONG TIME

zion needs to go check Barkley and see Barkley had his best years when he slimmed down

Westbrook is a disaster right now he should never shoot 3s ever

:up:

It's starting to look like those people who thought the Westbrook trade was a bad idea may be right. Things "could" turn around, but I'm not betting on it.
He's a bad fit. He's a blah #1 trying to play as a #3, on the downside of his career. Which is made worse by the fact that his home game was based around having the ball and his athleticism.

I was watching them the other night, and I couldn't believe where he was giving the Davis the ball. It was nonsensical. If anything, he should know how to play with a center like AD.

He's a bad fit. He's a blah #1 trying to play as a #3, on the downside of his career. Which is made worse by the fact that his home game was based around having the ball and his athleticism.

I was watching them the other night, and I couldn't believe where he was giving the Davis the ball. It was nonsensical. If anything, he should know how to play with a center like AD.
Not a problem you have with a guy like Rondo. I kind of think the best "fit" for the Lakers is to have Russ out there when AD and LBJ are generally out (but not injured out.....) to just sort of keep things close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"