New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a sequel of some sort of course.

A reminder to everyone.....if you don't agree with someone else's opinion or what they say they believe....you can ignore them or you can debate them civilly....you DO NOT call them names.....otherwise you will get infracted and possibly put on probation, as just happened in here.

Play nice.

but are there rules against misleading fans and general audiences? some of the comments in question could cause people to boycott x-men in general. the secrecy around the franchise and the films' postponements can be a bit unsettling. I've been a bit discouraged myself around here lately and I apologize if I've contributed to it.

Plans for Colossus have been scrapped due to the belief that ATJ will not be returning in any capacity beyond some brief reshoots. Sucks.

How can she refuse when she is contractually obligated, especially with comicbook films when they usually sign these actors to 3 movie deals?

I never said that. I am cautiously optimistic that it can be salvaged. We have an incredible cast & crew, JB is gone, and Fox is finally giving us most of what we asked for after they screened Boone's cut. As a fan of the property myself, I can say that we're going all out to fix this. We just might pull it off.

That makes sense. The people at Fox need to prove they are valuable to keep their job when Disney takes over. So, they have to save this movie at all costs.

but are there rules against misleading fans and general audiences?
Generally no. Anything anyone posts can be misconstrued by others and mislead them on some point or another. By taking into account the context and tone of posts you can usually discern if it is flat out trolling.

some of the comments in question could cause people to boycott x-men in general.
That's their right if they choose to do it. All images and information you see about a movie from whatever source it comes from helps you decide whether or not you want to see it. As I have mentioned in the past....me, my wife, and my daughter saw the official trailer for the New Mutants movie at the theater...and we all decided it looked terrible and weren't going to see it at the theater. The trailer's intent was to get us into the theater, but it did the opposite.

the secrecy around the franchise and the films' postponements can be a bit unsettling.
That's on the studio. Half of discussing a movie in production is speculation. If you don't like what someone is speculating then don't read his posts.

How can she refuse when she is contractually obligated, especially with comicbook films when they usually sign these actors to 3 movie deals?

I wish I could give you a better answer, but I'm not personally privy to any of the actors contracts. Everything I've said about ATJ's status is just the word going around in in my circle of friends. Several of whom are much higher up on the food chain than me.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix I can still see make it to the theaters as that was only pushed back a few months, but I don’t care if you call me crazy, I would not be surprised in the slightest if this gets a streaming release, I actually will be more surprised if it hits the theaters considering the fact it originally was supposed to be released a few weeks from now, but instead has been punted down the field twice a pretty good distance.

I have no idea how legit this article is but if any of it is true, Fox is stupid. Why on the earth would you reshoot a film that was apparently well received just so it can match the trailer. Like if is their version of damage control...LMFAO

That's literally what happened with Suicide Squad (match the movie to a well-received trailer) and we all know how that went.

so none is going to comment about Jom Hamm about Mr. Sinister?

Interesting read. Well Fox come on guys. You should’ve just released what you were planning on doing. You could’ve released a new trailer that focused on the story, mutants and what’s to come and people would’ve been ready for it. The problem is they want to push the horror aspect which is ok but it’s pushed back so far now. It 2 will be coming out just a few weeks after this now.

That's literally what happened with Suicide Squad (match the movie to a well-received trailer) and we all know how that went.

I never knew that but that explains everything then. But Suicide Squad still made its release date.

New Mutants is going to have a tough hill to climb because the "it's a mess" narrative is already surrounding it and Fox has no one to blame but themselves.

Yeah I remember the quote from Stacy Snider & wonder how the hell could this be a horror movie like they said. It's all make sense now.

Hope they can fix it.

Thing is Its likely gonna put othe budget up quite abit with 50% reshoots so they really must think this is important.

Last edited:
Personally I’m not against the horror aspect. It’s one thing I was looking forward to with this movie tbh because I liked they were going in a different direction with it. But they should’ve trusted Boone’s vision from the beginning or had never tried selling it as a horror movie if it didn’t have enough horror elements. But if they needed to do that besides scheduling conflicts obviously why was this pushed back even further then it was? Like I said it’s coming just a few weeks before It 2 now and that’s gonna be a big competitor.

So Fox misses the opportunity to give us Jon Hamm as Sinister but does everything in its power to bring back JLaw. Meh.

Hamm? Banderas? Since when has Fox hired a big name actor for a stinger anyway? Sounds like hogwash, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"