• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No evil shall escape my sight...The Official John Stewart Thread

The Hal John friendship should be rocky at first, the mutual respect has to be earned . I forget what story it was, but in Geoff Johns' GL run, Hal and John get into a fistfight before they become friends. I think that dynamic would be fun to explore on film

I hear ya....but for the JL films or rebooted GL series of films I think they should already have an established relationship or at least know eachother through the Military of course.

I don't think screen time should be wasted on a whole origin and them meeting for the first time and slowly developing a friendship and so forth. It should alreay be established that they know eachother.

I hear ya....but for the JL films or rebooted GL series of films I think they should already have an established relationship or at least know eachother through the Military of course.

I don't think screen time should be wasted on a whole origin and them meeting for the first time and slowly developing a friendship and so forth. It should alreay be established that they know eachother.
the JL film should feature Hal Jordan, and the GL solo can focus a lot on John and Hal's relationship.

JL should have John. GL should have John &Guy. Let these GLs get a chance to shine.

JL should have John. GL should have John &Guy. Let these GLs get a chance to shine.

All the movie scoopers in the know seem o think that Hal is going to be in Justice League, but John will be introduced later. That's how it's done in the comics and I think it'll be the same in the movies.

This is according to Jeff Sneider and elmayimbe who have pretty dang reliable track records.

I think this is the best approach. John and Hal both have to be introduced in the movies. Hal intro'd in JL, John intro'd in GL

They cast a fantastic Broadway actor for Cyborg. I seriously, seriously doubt we'd get the likes of Tyrese or Crews for John Stewart.

here's another suggestion for Stewart, Mahershala Ali. he currently plays Remy Danton on House of Cards

Mahershala-Ali.jpg

mahershala-ali-hunger-games-fb.jpg

They cast a fantastic Broadway actor for Cyborg. I seriously, seriously doubt we'd get the likes of Tyrese or Crews for John Stewart.

They didnt cast broadway actors as WW, Aquaman, etc

This would probably be somewhat of an unpopular comment, but I still don't understand why has Idris Elba always been such a popular fan choice for this role. Why are so many people so adamant that he should play John Stewart? I'm not trying to criticize him in some way, that's a legit question.

If you've seen JL TAS, and you've seen Idris Elba, then you should understand why he'd be perfect for the role

Ditto. He's a great actor& he also looks the part and he's expressed interest in the role.
here's another suggestion for Stewart, Mahershala Ali. he currently plays Remy Danton on House of Cards

Mahershala-Ali.jpg

mahershala-ali-hunger-games-fb.jpg
He'd be awesome. I have him just below Idris,&Chiwetel
All the movie scoopers in the know seem o think that Hal is going to be in Justice League, but John will be introduced later. That's how it's done in the comics and I think it'll be the same in the movies.

This is according to Jeff Sneider and elmayimbe who have pretty dang reliable track records.
May be right, but we're a looong way from any of this. Anything can happen between now and then.

Last edited:
Mahershala Ali is a good choice. I just wish he'd shave off that little lip caterpillar. It just bothers me.

He's rocking the "Alfred" moustache. :woot:

If you've seen JL TAS, and you've seen Idris Elba, then you should understand why he'd be perfect for the role

If WB's go with a more mature older John Stewart/GL....I'm all for Idris Elba or Terry Crews to be cast.

Both have screen presence, charisma, personality, the required look/physicality, and both can do action/fight scenes. Would be good for the Military/Solider side of Stewart also.

I'm sure Elba would be interested in getting out of Thor/Marvel deal for a lead role as Stewart/GL also.

I'm starting to really want John Stewart or Kyle Rayner in the Justice League over Hal

The solo GL movie could feature John or Kyle vs Hal/Parallax

The GL 2011 movie could serve as a very loose prequel

Idris Elba as John Stewart/Green Lantern

Matthew McConaughey as Hal Jordan/Parallax

Mads Mikkelsen as Sinestro. Here, the character would be more of an anti hero who begrudgingly teams up with John in order to stop Hal.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kilowog

Olga Kurylenko as Katma Tui

I hope DC are never that stupid anymore to make Hal Jordan a villain again.

Idris Elba was a pipedream due to his Marvel contract likely preventing him from working for other Studio's in CBM's, but on top of that he was whining about being in the harness for one scene in Thor 2, no way he's signing up for John Stewart which would likely have him in that harness two or three times as much. I don't think he'll jump from one comic book role to another when his contract is up with Marvel, he'll likely go back to other roles, he's still in high demand.

Will Smith would have been a good choice for Stewart, since his character in Independence Day was somewhat similar to Stewart but he's Deadshot now. Probably would have been my choice for the role to be honest, think he's much better suited for a hero role than a villain.

My personal choice is very under the radar and probably wouldn't be popular among the posters here but I like Sterling K. Brown from Person of Interest for the role. He'll never get it but I think he's a good actor that they wouldn't have to break the bank on and fits the character.

e1peKDmN.jpeg

I'm starting to really want John Stewart or Kyle Rayner in the Justice League over Hal

The solo GL movie could feature John or Kyle vs Hal/Parallax

Id be fine with that since it would mean one GL on TV and another on the big screen. However, I'm wary of some of the decisions related to BvS, so I'd have to see more about how John or Kyle would be used to feel comfortable.

I hope DC are never that stupid anymore to make Hal Jordan a villain again.

He's kind of an undercover villain these days. He pulled a trick similar to Batman at the end of the Dark Knight movie, and now he's on the run from every police force in the galaxy.

I know that. I'm saying something equal to the Parallax nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"