No Way Home No Way Home Box Office Predictions & Discussion Thread

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
We’re yet in another year where a new Spider-Man movie is going to be released, and with that comes box office expectations! However, this isn’t just any other year as it’s coming off a previous one where moviegoing was largely seen as risqué thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. Last year, when the virus became a serious global threat what ensued afterwards was something theaters couldn’t ever had anticipated. The virus impact on the industry was catastrophic; causing many employee lay-offs, many chains to declare bankruptcy, or just go out of business. Even the few theaters that did re-open re-opened with many movies either delayed to next year or dumped on streaming. Because of this, it wouldn’t have been an overstatement to say theatrical exhibition was going to be extinct.

Thankfully, due in large part to vaccine rollouts, this year see’s theaters going through a robust recovery phase as cases continue to drastically go down in key box office markets like the United States. The strong covid era performances of movies like Godzilla Vs Kong and Quiet Place Part 2 shows there’s still signs of life in moviegoing. Hopefully, these successes may serve as a prognosticator that by the time the movie gets released in December the box office climate will be healthy enough for this film to almost perform like it would’ve if the virus never had happened. With that in mind, how do you expect the movie to do?

I think this movie ultimately does close to a billion dollars but what say you guys and gals? Discuss!

Last edited:
Pre-covid I'd say definitely close to 2 billion.

Now? Probably about 1.3 bill.

A feel good Christmas time movie with the three Spider-men teaming up is gonna kick the box office wide open. This is soaring past a billion, bank on that.

Even with some effects of the pandemic, this is Spider-Man, with one of the most expected MCU movies yet, not to mention the hype of seeing the other Spideys.

It will easily reach $1 billion. If it were not for the pandemic, I think it would go considerably beyond this number.

I think Black Widow's release will give a clearer picture. The last blockbuster film to release this year didn't even crack half a billion.

I don't think it will break any box office records. but i do think it will make over a billion.

Based on how many views the teaser got I think its safe to say this movie is going to own the box office. Easily going to be the highest grossing Spidey movie yet.

The Christmas window means that usually a movie opens big and legs out in the first three weeks. With Covid, it might be more front loaded, IDK.

But F9 got to $700M worldwide, and NWH should easily surpass that.

I'm not so sure a billion is realistic, given the COVID situation.

Right now, at least Sinister siX hundred million worldwide. It really depends if Covid slowed down in a lot of countries by November and December.

Right now, at least Sinister siX hundred million worldwide. It really depends if Covid slowed down in a lot of countries by November and December.
do you mean that the Sinister Six appeal will help the film reach $600 million?

do you mean that the Sinister Six appeal will help the film reach $600 million?
It should help especially to people who have seen the previous Spidey fliX. But I think if the film features the previous Spidey actors, thats going to be a bigger draw than the Sinister siX. So at least 200 million in North America, 200 million in China and 200 million for the rest of the world. So sinister siX hundred million.

It should help especially to people who have seen the previous Spidey fliX. But I think if the film features the previous Spidey actors, thats going to be a bigger draw than the Sinister siX. So at least 200 million in North America, 200 million in China and 200 million for the rest of the world. So sinister siX hundred million.
what I was asking you is did you mean that the film having a Sinister Six will help it to reach $600 million? I am just asking about that, since you said "Right now, at least Sinister siX hundred million worldwide"

I'm just trying to figure out what you meant by that

what I was asking you is did you mean that the film having a Sinister Six will help it to reach $600 million? I am just asking about that, since you said "Right now, at least Sinister siX hundred million worldwide"

I'm just trying to figure out what you meant by that
I was simply referencing Sinister SiX when I said Sinister SiX Million Dollars which is obviously 600 million.

As for your question, IF they are in the movie, would it help, sure. As its probably consisting of returning villains for previous Spidey fliX.

I was simply referencing Sinister SiX when I said Sinister SiX Million Dollars which is obviously 600 million.

As for your question, IF they are in the movie, would it help, sure. As its probably consisting of returning villains for previous Spidey fliX.

I was just asking for clarification. What you were trying to say wasn't that obvious.

It’s possible that Spidey 3 could reach F9 box office levels but only with a China release too.

If covid was not a thing I would say 2 billion. The last movie made about 1.13 billion and I think this movie was going to go up from that no matter what because of the reception of the last movie than you throw in bring back one of the better CBM villains on top of it and the nostalgic that this movie is going to have. But covid really makes it hard to say has you still have people afraid to go out and the fact some places may be in a lockdown again.

It’s hard to guess pandemic era box office but I think it could be the biggest pandemic film to date when it launches at least.

It's really too bad that this is releasing in covid times because this has the potential to be a Star Wars level mega December blockbuster. Even if it does great numbers, whatever it does I don't think it will be its top potential. This is the kind of event film that could give us our 8th $200M+ opening weekend but even in improving covid times I don't see it doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"