• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Flames,Sens,Habs!
Hey, i'm canadian. gotta support the country.

owl1.jpg

Yeah... I took a bad hit on my predictions, but I'll take a sweet playoff win by the Flames anytime... and combined with a Habs loss, it's been a good day for the NHL.

:word: :word: :word:

:yay:

NHL Playoff Pool Standings:

1.) Themanofbat - 26 Points
E.Nygma - 26 Points
Immortalfire - 26 Points
Showtime - 26 Points
5.) kang604 - 24 Points
6.) QueerMike - 22 Points
slinger - 22 Points
Victor Creed - 22 Points
Poeman - 22 Points
10.) Fran - 20 Points
NewYorkSpider - 20 Points
12.) Psycho Symbiote - 18 Points

The points will start to shake up when we get deeper into all the series. You can still get 4 points for picking the correct number of games and the series winner, even though you picked a game wrong. You'll get 6 points for picking the correct series without missing a game.

Great win for the Flames. Series can still go to either team, but I obviously prefer being up 2-1. Let's hope for that win on Tuesday!

Oh, BABY that was an incredible game! I was lucky enough to be there tonight and let me tell you that the building is literally shaking with energy. It's intense. And awesome. Honestly, I want to see the Flames win this series in 7, because it's such fantastic hockey to watch. Props to the Sharks, they're a really good team.

I've been a shark fan since the begining and after lastnites goon fest..I'm done. The flames did what they should do..hit us in the mouth. We did nothing but "bend over and take it" We are the ottawa sens of the west...untill we get a coach that has a spine..we will always be "the bridesmaid"

props to the flames

What the heck was Sean Avery doing in front of Brodeur during that power play?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

What a f*&^%&*(cking weirdo... :whatever:

What the heck was Sean Avery doing in front of Brodeur during that power play?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

What a f*&^%&*(cking weirdo... :whatever:

are you kidding me??? that was a brilliant strategy

and now the nhl have already made the "sean avery rule" to prevent it

NHL Playoff Pool Standings:

1.) Themanofbat - 26 Points
E.Nygma - 26 Points
Immortalfire - 26 Points
Showtime - 26 Points
5.) kang604 - 24 Points
6.) QueerMike - 22 Points
slinger - 22 Points
Victor Creed - 22 Points
Poeman - 22 Points
10.) Fran - 20 Points
NewYorkSpider - 20 Points
12.) Psycho Symbiote - 18 Points

The points will start to shake up when we get deeper into all the series. You can still get 4 points for picking the correct number of games and the series winner, even though you picked a game wrong. You'll get 6 points for picking the correct series without missing a game.

Four way tie.

The Penguins-Senators game tonight is pretty exciting... all Ottawa for the first period, now Pittsburgh is being relentless. Good to see Alfredsson back, though he hasn't done much of anything so far. They keep talking about his play-making ability and all, but I've seen him get a couple of weak shots, that's it.

long time Hockey fan and new poster in here....I really like the playoffs this year...lots of excitement though I wish the Rangers were up 3-0. I laughed at first when the NHL put a team in Nashville, but in watching the playoffs the city seems to be behind its time in a big time way....

Yup, Nashville and Minnesota have been great the last few years. esapecially the Wild.
I don't get this. i went to a Columbas blew jackets game last year. the seats were barely half full!!! the NhL says that putting another canadian team wouldn't change financiaL PROFITS. well. Halifax, Thunder Bay and a few other cities would be glad to have Columbas. Canadian teams almost ALWAYS sell out. just look at the Habs. Seriosly. Columbas is a waste of space in the US. bring him to Canada! Hockey IS a Canadadian sport. it was created there last time i check. so....another Cnadain team would be grand :huh::up:

anywhoo. go habs,Flames and sens.

I was happy when Minnesota got an NHL team because they kinda got hosed when the Stars left...as a Rangers fan I take it round by round....I despise the Devils and want Martin Brodeur to get hit with a truck....

NHL Playoff Pool Standings: 4/14/08

1.) Themanofbat - 32 Points
2.) E. Nygma - 28 Points
3.) Showtime - 26 Points
.....Immortalfire - 26 Points
5.) slinger - 24 Points
.....kang604 - 24 Points
.....Poeman - 24 Points
.....Fran - 24 Points
9.) Victor Creed - 22 Points
.....QueerMike - 22 Points
.....NewYorkSpider - 22 Points